IGNORED

Rompo

FREDDYs

Is Rompo beer bars still there.  Tried a search but did not get much information.

I like to stay in jomtien as it is a bit more laid back. 

Only a few bars open now - about 10

hopefully once those bars have gone it will breath new life into to soi's in jomtien that have struggled in recent years and look very run down

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, FREDDYs said:

Is Rompo beer bars still there.  Tried a search but did not get much information.

I like to stay in jomtien as it is a bit more laid back. 

I updated my Jomtien thread during my recent trip and mentioned Rhompo:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

18 hours ago, mistergs said:

hopefully once those bars have gone it will breath new life into to soi's in jomtien that have struggled in recent years and look very run down

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Some good bars in the soi,s around but it has been a while since I have been there

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I agree about some good bars but, to be honest, I don't go to many bars in Jomtiem, as most seem to have only old ugly grannies.

Please feel free to name any particular good bars, as I live in Jomtiem, and would like to find a decent local.

As for Rompol, was there last night and have to report, totally dead. As reported, about a dozen still operating, few customers, no attractive girls. 

Slightly off topic, but, as one bar was having a party, just wonder what the business modle of having a party is. So, its Noi's birthday-or one of the skanks. Boss of bar has to fork out for food and music, now only to recoup initial outlay, is to have lots of Frangs come and spend. Now that's the way I would think, but what actually happens, is its Thai music, way too loud, so that makes it is unattractive to many Frangs, but attractive to Thais and we see lots of Thais rock up with their 7-11 bought whiskey.

Just an observation

11 minutes ago, jimboh said:

but attractive to Thais and we see lots of Thais rock up with their 7-11 bought whiskey.

Funny... we throw parties every now and then and have many Thai People come, and have NEVER seen this. Infact, the Thais stay longer and out spend the farangs, generally... The comment above belongs in Walter's Debunking myths thread.

13 minutes ago, jimboh said:

or one of the skanks.

Yeah, that attitude will get you a long way...

13 minutes ago, jimboh said:

I don't go to many bars in Jomtiem, as most seem to have only old ugly grannies.

I will have to tell my young staff they are old ugly grannies. I'll be sure to wear my crash helmet...

Honestly, have a look around the place. You will find plenty of good looking women, and plenty of not so good looking women, and many decent bars around the place.  What many don't seem to get, is that Jomtien is not Pattaya. Totally different vibe and atmosphere... and IMO,  a far better place to be...

Just an observation...

3 hours ago, dave01 said:

Funny... we throw parties every now and then and have many Thai People come, and have NEVER seen this. Infact, the Thais stay longer and out spend the farangs, generally... The comment above belongs in Walter's Debunking myths thread.

Yeah, that attitude will get you a long way...

I will have to tell my young staff they are old ugly grannies. I'll be sure to wear my crash helmet...

Honestly, have a look around the place. You will find plenty of good looking women, and plenty of not so good looking women, and many decent bars around the place.  What many don't seem to get, is that Jomtien is not Pattaya. Totally different vibe and atmosphere... and IMO,  a far better place to be...

Just an observation...

I'v never had a drink in the Jomtien side street bars. What's the name of your bar?. I'll be sure to give it a visit.

• 8 months later...

Any news or info as to whats happening to the Rompho bar complex and Night Market??

Heard many stories from there being a Tesco Lotus supermarket to a Hospital being built there??

Pity to see the bars and restaurants that were once thriving back a few yrs ago to being deserted and dead now.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 4 months later...

Rompo is still open, just, maybe about 10 bars total open. Not busy.

There is a lively bar area, bars towards Second Rd end of Soi 7, just opposite Rompo, worth a look.

Can only access from Beach road end, due to road works at Second Rd end.

10 hours ago, jimboh said:

Rompo is still open, just, maybe about 10 bars total open. Not busy.

There is a lively bar area, bars towards Second Rd end of Soi 7, just opposite Rompo, worth a look.

Can only access from Beach road end, due to road works at Second Rd end.

Thanks for the update, jimboh. Rompho and Soi 7, Jomtien have been my playgrounds ever since I've been renting on Soi 5. Glad to hear they're still open, even in their reduced form.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

• 2 years later...