Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is booking hotel on Trip.com safe

Kingfisher007

Hi, Iam looking to book Page 10 hotel for my stay from 2/01/2020 to 5/1/2020 in Pattaya.

Getting AU 284 on Trip.com. And AU 333 on Agoda.com

Does anybody has any experience with Trip.com or booked any accomodation with them.

I found some dodgy reviews about Trip.com on Australian review sites not sure if I should book with them or not.

Appreciate any Advice and thanks in advance

I don't have any experience with trip.com but Agoda never let me down. It could very well be that price difference. Make sure you compare the same type of rooms.
Anyway speak about high season, 300 AUD for 3 nights, blimey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

Thanks Machinations,

Its actually the same room with similar conditions. I am leaning towards Agoda too but just wanted to check if anybody has first hand experience with Trip.com

I’ve used it to book a Resort on Koh Chiang, and also a flight to Chiang mai.  No problems and I saved money since they had the lowest prices for those.

Retired

trip.com is ok (and they often have the most / biggest room picture, so it's nice to browse). but they often add a surcharge in the last booking step... so make sure that they're really cheaper than Agoda, otherwise it's not worth it. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Trip (originally c-trip) is quite reputable but as mentioned Agoda often cheaper as they don’t factor in taxes. If you are in mainland China use trip as they have way more coverage and can pay through wechat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have saved considerable money using Trip.com for for both flights and accomodation the last few years. Never once has there been a problem, I can highly recommend them. 

I have booked hotels and flights within Australia, and many countries including Thailand for both work and vacation, faultless every time.

Just make sure you are using the Australian site or app, if not taxes may not be included in your price.

I pretty much only use Trip and Agoda now, at worse they are the same price as all the other booking sites, but most times cheaper, and a lot of the time Trip is a lot lot cheaper.

If you have any questions pm me Kingfisher007.

1 hour ago, kabal2018 said:

Trip (originally c-trip) is quite reputable but as mentioned Agoda often cheaper as they don’t factor in taxes. If you are in mainland China use trip as they have way more coverage and can pay through wechat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxes are included when searching on the Australian site kabal2018, I think it's law.

But if Trip are hand balling the booking to one of their third parties, just like Agoda do at times, taxes may not be shown, so as you rightly point out you do have to always double check.

Archived