Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

froddo

Making silly mistakes as we get older

froddo

During my upcoming trip in Oct/Nov I'm hitting the big 70 & while I have mobility issues & am over weight generally I feel in great fettle however increasingly I find myself making silly mistakes. This morning is a case in point.

I had previously snapped up a $426 rtn Bris to BKK fare for February & this morning Virgin emailed they were having  sale so I got on the website, yep $105 Gladstone to Brisbane the same return. Hopped on booked the flight then opened up the confirmation email, OOOPS,  I had booked Brisbane to Gladstone rtn so a hurried call & kudos to Virgin staff it was sorted no charge thankfully

I have always been careful with internet bookings but I find irritatingly I am making more mistakes like that. Anyone else in the same boat?

cheers

Crushed

I dunno if it was an Agoda glitch as the app wasn't working properly for me at times but I booked a Bangkok hotel for two days later and showed up two days early.  It didn't matter much though as my Agoda discounts had built up so much that I only lost around 200 baht although I did end up paying 750 baht cash for a hotel room that wasn't worth that much as I couldn't be bothered looking elsewhere.

rupdawg

I booked an AirAsia flight from don mugang to Phuket last year I checked and double checked to make sure it was correct, then when I was at check-in the staff couldn't find my booking they were perplexed an called over multiple members to verify my booking with their computer an still couldn't find it, after about 15mins of confusion they eventually found I had booked the flight exactly 1 year in advance

Explorer8939

My short term memory sucks.

Before I go out, I make a mental checklist of the stuff I need to bring. And then forget it as I walk out the door.

keepitfun

Booked  a trip for November, forgot to add the day for the return overnight so coming home Monday not Sunday....wifey can’t pick me up on Monday.  No biggy but still dumb and will cost a taxi.   

Never done this before in hundreds of bookings....god help me when I’m 70.

per anum

These companies doing on-line transactions are notorious to cover themselves with fine print. 

If you feel you have been wronged,  your only recourse will be to threaten them with bad reviews across all possible platforms (this is one thing they are shit scared of). Very possible for a full refund.

WalterA

Yes, I keep on wearing my clothing inside out, so annoying .... does look ok though ....

Scuba+

If you are making mistakes at least you are aware of it so you just have to double or triple check everytime

Jarrod2518
1 hour ago, froddo said:

increasingly I find myself making silly mistakes.

You are not the only one. I am like you +70yrs. Yesterday I was refilling my large aquarium fish tank with a hoseline from the garden. This usually take about 15mins so in adjoining kitchen I sat down at laptop to check out Pattaya Addicts. It would have been about an hour later that in the kitchen I felt the water lapping around my feet! I was so absorbed in PA that I had managed to create an indoor swimming pool.  The GF on return from Market was not impressed.

Surveyor1

Live, love and laugh at your mistakes, no matter what your age......

kingofsurf

Talk about old dudes making increasingly "silly mistakes":

US President Donald Trump - age 73.

Democrat Presidential contender Joe Biden: age 76.

God help the USA.

Edited by kingofsurf

FREDDYs

mistaking ladyboys for girls.   :LMFAO:

No not happened yet

mmaaarrrkkk
2 hours ago, froddo said:

I feel in great fettle however increasingly I find myself making silly mistakes. This morning is a case in point.

I have always been careful with internet bookings but I find irritatingly I am making more mistakes like that. Anyone else in the same boat?

cheers

you're gonna get like 1 million replies if we are all truthful!

geezerrb

I have to admit with age I find online even more difficult both because since I retired  with less contact with younger people keeping me up to date, (I remember when it was me training them555) but often sites change (particularly as pressure is applied to use apps).

Phones have really impacted on this,  as now a bit "out of the loop" I get further and further "out of date". I have even tried to find tutorials that are not online but real practical classes in my area to no avail so definitely becoming a 21st century "dinosaur".

forcebwithu
2 hours ago, rupdawg said:

I booked an AirAsia flight from don mugang to Phuket last year I checked and double checked to make sure it was correct, then when I was at check-in the staff couldn't find my booking they were perplexed an called over multiple members to verify my booking with their computer an still couldn't find it, after about 15mins of confusion they eventually found I had booked the flight exactly 1 year in advance

Surprised AirAsia allows bookings that far in advance. Most airlines limit bookings to 330 days to avoid this type of issue, among other reasons.

Scuba+
you're gonna get like 1 million replies if we are all truthful!
Silly mistakes can happen at any age if preoccupied with other things

Gright

I have already forgotten why I am on this thread.

dean2926

My short time memory sucks and so does my short term memory.

Billyboy294

I go to a cupboard to get an item and when i open the cupboard i forget what i came for.

After thinking for a few moments i remember what it was. But i don't keep it in this cupboard, i have always have kept it in another cupboard.

jed§

Yesterday afternoon, I said to my much younger girlfriend, "I'm feeling horny, let's have sex. It's been a while"

and she said, "What? We've done it 3 times today already" 

Aloneinthedark

70 and still mongering? 

Well done sir, Well done!

likeaking

Last week I gave my son very nice Weber BBQ. His response was, "It's just like the one you gave me." Huh, I did?

Aloneinthedark

Thats a nice gift ! ( Weber bbq) 

Red-Devil

I've had a super fast GT version stair lift installed,   so that I can get up or down the stairs before I forget why  !

raviinc

Got to be careful during internet bookings, make sure you read every word before you pay. Even if changes are made it’s better to review the whole booking before paying up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk