Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

English Rose Guesthouse - Review Aug 2019

Charles_Farley

I stayed at the English Rose Guesthouse for 19 days in August. For my first visit to Pattaya, I was looking for something budget friendly in the LK Metro area and this seemed like a good choice.  I chose a deluxe room on the second floor with a balcony overlooking Soi Chayapoon.   The room was no frills, but it was a good size, clean and everything worked.  There was always warm water for a shower and the AC kept the room cool. I got fresh towels every day and 2 bottles of water.  The fridge was decent sized and held lots of supplies. The staff were always smiling and treated my “guests” very well.  It was noisy in the evening but usually quieted down by 1am, 2 at the latest.  The owner, Alan, was easy to talk to and freely handed out advice when I needed it.  I highly recommend this place.

Hi Charles, thank you very much for these positive comments, I will be sure to get them back to the staff and the recommendation, we have recently changed all the staff due to bad reviews on Agoda and booking.com about them, the crew we have now are doing a great job. One of the main issues was how "guests" were treated especially by my night time manager.

I'm glad your 1st trip went well and hopefully we will see you for your 2nd.

Thanks again.

Alan and Mak

• Like 5

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

7 hours ago, English rose said:

Hi Charles, thank you very much for these positive comments, I will be sure to get them back to the staff and the recommendation, we have recently changed all the staff due to bad reviews on agoda and booking.com about them, the crew we have now are doing a great job. One of the main issues was how "guests" were treated especially by my night time manager.

I'm glad your 1st trip went well and hopefully we will see you for your 2nd.

Thanks again.

Alan and Mak

Have not long returned from my fourth stay at ER over two years.  Next year's first trip is already booked and advised to Alan.  As mentioned while I was there, the staff situation has been positively resolved and the stays are even more pleasurable.

I cannot improve much on Charles_Farley's earlier comments.  Very much my own observations.

Alan is also very considerate in that between my two winter trips this year, I was able to leave my main case securely at ER.  Made the back and forth trips soooooo much easier.  And now there is a small package of Pattaya only guff in ER waiting for my return in June 2020 :Flying:  

Thanks again barhop for your kind and positive words.

Roll on 2020

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

• 11 months later...

• Thanks 1

Appears to be Value for money and a convenient mongering location.

thumbs up I’d say.

• Thanks 1

Sounds and looks like a top place to stay at an excellent price.

Would love to be in a position to give it a try.

When will this nightmare end!!!

• Like 1

On 06/08/2020 at 16:17, Eric Le Roi said:

Sounds and looks like a top place to stay at an excellent price.

Would love to be in a position to give it a try.

When will this nightmare end!!!

I hope sooner than later mate.

• 3 months later...
On 11/08/2020 at 15:53, ocka said:

@English rose The website link in your signature seems to be broken.  It just goes to a screen that says "Account Suspended."

Hi ocka, yeah with all the travel restrictions it seemed wise to put it on hold until for now but we are still open.

Cheers

Alan

On 02/09/2019 at 10:09, Charles_Farley said:

It was noisy in the evening but usually quieted down by 1am, 2 at the latest.  The owner, Alan, was easy to talk to and freely handed out advice when I needed it.

I've stayed here in the past too. I talked with Alan prior to booking and he recommended a smaller room on the back for light sleepers like me. As it worked out, there was a party at Amon's during my stay, so lots of noise going very late into the night. I didn't hear a thing from my room. All in all, a great week, and Alan is a fine host. 

On 30/11/2020 at 08:02, Garzan said:

I've stayed here in the past too. I talked with Alan prior to booking and he recommended a smaller room on the back for light sleepers like me. As it worked out, there was a party at Amon's during my stay, so lots of noise going very late into the night. I didn't hear a thing from my room. All in all, a great week, and Alan is a fine host. 

Hi and thanks for the positve feedback..yeah the back rooms are very popular for this reason.

Cheers

Alan.