talung66

When did all this ST from agogo bars become the norm ??

talung66

Not that i  BF from an agogo anymore but more and more threads seam  to mention  ST in agogo bar like its normal and hearing similar for AC. i am also reading that it means 2 to 3 hours and LT is 5 

To me is just another thing on the list of getting fucked over in pattaya 

Yes i am using the term back in the day. ( that would never have happened ) 

Edited by talung66

steven baldwin

My last days of mongering was back in 2004 and it was all fine and dandy back then longtime was still on the menu no shortime nonsense like today . I cannot really comment about when it changed for the worst  but maybe at a guess around 2009 or 2010 the scene changed and more and more girls were wanting short time rather than longtime . Just watched a video on you tube about beach road girls and everyone of them was quoting short time between 1000 and 1500 no mention of longtime whatsoever .

Not_Shameful

It's been gradually increasing since my first trip in 2003. A fact of life now but I'm happy if about half stay for the agreed LT. Travelling in low season helps improve your strike rate substantially, of course. 

logboy

My guess around new year 2009

:Party4:

dingbat22
39 minutes ago, Not_Shameful said:

It's been gradually increasing since my first trip in 2003. A fact of life now but I'm happy if about half stay for the agreed LT. Travelling in low season helps improve your strike rate substantially, of course. 

Never neg LT off the bat, cos you will waste yr dosh, she will most likely take your money and fuck off early anyway. Agree ST and try to extend after you done the st... Tell her you have to wait till 10 am to access cash at the atm to pay her so you only pay her when she leaves

George1234
47 minutes ago, Dr Johnny said:

GoGo bars are slower because of it. Between the never ending shot girls, the “buy my friends” a drink routine and the short time stuff, it’s easy to see why most locals don’t play in those areas anymore.
I live here. Rarely fish out of a go go bar. Too many hassles. I prefer “up to me”. emoji41.pngemoji1242.png

No, that isn’t the story of GoGos. It is very simple - those GoGos with girls who are much better looking than the girls available elsewhere, are doing very good business. Those GoGos (with a few exceptions) who do not have such girls, are not doing good business. The problem is one of recruitment - it is very difficult to recruit and keep hold of good looking girls.

GoGos are a place to watch, sit and takeaway the best looking girls. If you are not offering this higher margin service, paying WS rents begins to make less sense. It has nothing to do with the absence of pensioners waving their 1000 bhat as if the girls should be grateful. They wouldn’t even pay for the electricity bill, never mind the girls gel nails.

bobSL1

The quicker the better for the girls then onto the next punter... don't believe me , just ask em.

Ok I will spell it out they make more money from multiple short times. All about the money.

Before it was a gfe , now its just business.

George1234
8 minutes ago, Daz Manc said:

ST gradually took over from LT since 2 things happened about 8 years ago

Affordable Samsung Smart phones in Thailand and the rise of the disco / club culture.

Basically the young girls want to party, so they do ST, then message their mates and all meet in a club, much more fun than lying next to some snoring customer.

That is it. Everybody has the full collection of communication and entertainment technology now, they are not going back to  a slum room staring at the walls.

After work they want to be in the company of Thais their own age, entertained by their friends, social media and technology - like young people across the globe. Even going to clubs / discos after work isn't a big thing. In most cases it is bollocks that you pick up the lots of GoGo girls in the discos after closing. 

George1234
3 minutes ago, bobSL1 said:

The quicker the better for the girls then onto the next punter... don't believe me , just ask em.

Ok I will spell it out they make more money from multiple short times. All about the money.

Except only a minority of customers in a GoGos actually barfine. The girls would happily turn down offers to earn multiple STs at a lower rate, sitting waiting for one higher rate ST instead (even if they go home without any - like most girls do)

I think you are referring to Soi 6, not GoGos.  

bobSL1

Hi George the young pretty ones now know they call the shots, they know what the fat slobs who have not had sex for god knows how long will pay.

kenshinsh
12 minutes ago, bobSL1 said:

not all the girls want to get fucked by a bunch of different guys in 1 day. I know plenty of girls that will only do 1 guy a day max, some still do go for that quick short time, but they don't return to the gogos after that, usually see them go to places like the pier and just party with their friends.

Dr Johnny
No, that isn’t the story of GoGos. It is very simple - those GoGos with girls who are much better looking than the girls available elsewhere, are doing very good business. Those GoGos (with a few exceptions) who do not have such girls, are not doing good business. The problem is one of recruitment - it is very difficult to recruit and keep hold of good looking girls.
GoGos are a place to watch, sit and takeaway the best looking girls. If you are not offering this higher margin service, paying WS rents begins to make less sense. It has nothing to do with the absence of pensioners waving their 1000 bhat as if the girls should be grateful. They wouldn’t even pay for the electricity bill, never mind the girls gel nails.

This topic is about why the girls ask for showtimes instead of longtimes. You addressed a different issue.
And I see your point and your correct about a lot of what you said but respectfully disagree that most are busy. They aren’t. Up until 2 months ago I was in WS 3-4 nights a week (gf now) and most are not busy.
It used to be that the girls were spread out more evenly so a lot of places were busy. Now only a handful are. But you’re right about it being very tough to keep the girls. 10 - 15 day contract and then they’re gone somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lok Jit
On 01/09/2019 at 19:01, bobSL1 said:

If the Money is Large enough almost ALL Pattaya Girls will go stay with you for a Day or a Month..Still it is About the Money and the Punter Buying the Illusion

kingofsurf
25 minutes ago, chippysam said:

I started in 2010, 2011coming to Pattaya , used both BB and Gogo girls all were LT almost automatic . It changed quite quick over the next few years . To Gogo girls only really wanting ST if your are a first time with her . Now I only ask for ST as LT without  a trail run can go wrong.

There has been a big social change for the Thai girls as well in that time , yes the smartphone was a game changer . This also led to the girls being in contact all of the time and able to meet up for food or a club after a work session . Which has then led to a further development at first the best clubs were on Walking St and all the best girls turned up partied and often picked up a bit of extra work . The golden days of Ibar etc. 

As the girls incomes have gone up, thier spending power has led to  the host of new very hip Thai bars and clubs .  All round Pattaya now a top end girl can hit her drinks quota easy before midnight bag an ST got a purse full of Baht .

Message her pals and hit a Thai club partying with her mates being chatted up by Thai guys eating Thai food and not having to speak another language . 

Unfortunately lying in bed with a boring falang after fkn while he turns over and sleeps wide awake in the early hours , bored out of her skull .

A couple of thousand baht is not seen as enough compensation to her missing a wild night out with her mates at their favourite club . Might even end the night with a filthy fk with that Thai boy she has her eye on

This has lento a shortage of the really hot girls and younger up and coming girls in the Walking St clubs , those clubs are seen by the top end girls as CC places . They only go if it is someones BD party or something special .  

Basically as I see it at the moment  even in these quiet off peak times. There are more guys wanting the hot girls than hot girls available. Hence the places with numbers of top end girls are busy all the time regardless of price or barfine rates . And the hot girls are at the moment in control . So ST it will be as their choice . 

The old days are well and truly gone , I wish i had seen them , but I still like my time in Thailand and really do get excited when time to go to Pattaya comes round .

Interesting and imaginative probing into the minds of Pattaya go-go girls.

Thanks for your observations and insights on the changing scene.

Yeah, that about nails it:  "There are more guys wanting the hot girls than hot girls available."

Darwinism at its finest in today's GoGo arena: the guy with the fattest wallet rules.

The rest of us schmucks, ruled by our dicks, grovel at the feet of the hottest go-go girls.

Edited by kingofsurf

mmaaarrrkkk
1 hour ago, bobSL1 said:

its always been about the money

George1234
26 minutes ago, Dr Johnny said:

This topic is about why the girls ask for showtimes instead of longtimes. You addressed a different issue.

I addressed your post, hence why I quoted you. The GoGos are not slower because of the preference for ST or because of endless requests for drinks, that is easily falsified.

For a start the girls do not endlessly hassle you for drinks, that is a nonsense. In Bkk, the girls are particularly proactive for barfines and drinks, in Pattaya not so much. This would be known to anybody who actually spends their time in GoGos. If they are constantly taking the piss out of somebody, that person might need to ask themselves why.

The vast majority of customers do not barfine, ask any manager. The majority of customers watch and drink. They want to watch the prettiest girls, not average or below average girls. That is it. This is the distinction between a busy GoGo and a quiet one. Again, this would be known to anybody who actually spends their time in GoGos. 

Bars ignoring ‘locals’ wanting LTs (presumably at pensioner rates) are not the cause of quiet GoGos. As I pointed out, they would be a loss maker to both the bars and girls. They are not wanted. 

41 minutes ago, Dr Johnny said:

but respectfully disagree that most are busy

Which I never stated anywhere, quite the opposite. Maybe you are confusing my post with somebody else’s. 

52 minutes ago, Dr Johnny said:

Up until 2 months ago I was in WS 3-4 nights a week (gf now) and most are not busy. It used to be that the girls were spread out more evenly so a lot of places were busy. Now only a handful are. 

Which is what I said. The bars that can recruit the best looking girls are busy, those who can’t, are not. As it is difficult to recruit and keep the best looking girls, it follows that only a minority of bars are going to be busy. 

In the top GoGos, sour faced farangs who want to slowly sip a single draught beer are a loss maker, a waste of seat who will not pay the WS rents. Nor do the best looking girls work in those bars in order to be made offers based on their delusional ideas of what LT ought to be and what it ought to cost.

talung66

2 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

Never neg LT off the bat, cos you will waste yr dosh, she will most likely take your money and fuck off early anyway. Agree ST and try to extend after you done the st.

Your response

is a new common thing now days that everyone now seem to put up with or more likely has to deal with these days and think about in the vetting process.

All I can say is I am relieved ago go girls are now just eye candy for me

2 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

Tell her you have to wait till 10 am to access cash at the atm to pay her so you only pay her when she leaves

? Hmm Atm closed before 10 am 

Any how back in the say early 2000s no isssues with girl leaving early it was hard to get rid of them. soon i noticed a change around 2008/9 onwards getting a tap on shoulder to say i am going. i used to give them  the option of waiting till 10 for me to change money or a $50 AUD note that was worth more then i was going to pay all would say no i want baht .

i think they all know exchange rates these days 

kingofsurf
18 minutes ago, Dr Johnny said:

. . . Again, I live here. Go to the Go Go’s all the time (or did up until 2 minke ago)
We get bombarded with shot girls and “buy my friend a drink” requests all the time.
Every time. Not sometime.
. .
Here is a typical experience for me; I walk in with my friend, we choose girls, sit and talk. Play some games (one two three shoot etc) and spend cash buying the girls and ourselves drinks.

Twice in the last month I was out I had to get the manager because the girls started ordering 3 shots at a time. (I don’t name the bars because both times it was taken care of well by the managers/owners.)

. . .  A busy go go now has 75 girls and 40 customers. The girls work on a drink quota here to earn salary. Don’t make the quota, don’t get your full salary. (They call them cuts)

So every place has a shot girl who stands in front of you trying to sell drinks. It’s not my fantasy. It’s the reality of the business.

This is what normally happens.
I say “No thank you”.
They stay and ask again. Staring at me as if they didn’t understand.
I say it again, this time in Thai. They still ask.
I say it again, in Issaan. They still ask.

That is hassling, my friend.

On the occasions I buy the girl or girls I’m sitting with drinks the shot girls themselves start begging for shots and we have to repeat the process all over again. I know this doesn’t just happen to me.

This doesn't sound like fun at all.

I don't visit go-gos because I can't afford it.

Thanks for making me feel better.

Edited by kingofsurf

Jack Frost

7 years plus its all changed & ST is all it is.

Supply & demand is in the girls favour.

Social media, phones & the clientel of the bars has changed things.

Kahoy
5 hours ago, talung66 said:

Not that i  BF from an agogo anymore but more and more threads seam  to mention  ST in agogo bar like its normal and hearing similar for AC.

Been like that for a long time even in AC now. As others have said, mobile phones and Facebook changed everything.

4 hours ago, logboy said:

My guess around new year 2009

:Party4:

Precisely the time I would have put it in AC as well.

3 hours ago, Lok Jit said:

If the Money is Large enough almost ALL Pattaya Girls will go stay with you for a Day or a Month..Still it is About the Money and the Punter Buying the Illusion

That's very true but you spelt it wrong.

LARGE. There, I fixed it for you.

I remember when guys were complaining that the barfines in Thai bars were 1,500 for the agency girls. Now many bars charge 2K for all girls. Then they want at least 2,500 for ST and commonly 3,500. I get quoted 5,000 for LT  but never take LT.

h.harris
4 hours ago, dingbat22 said:

Never neg LT off the bat, cos you will waste yr dosh, she will most likely take your money and fuck off early anyway. Agree ST and try to extend after you done the st... Tell her you have to wait till 10 am to access cash at the atm to pay her so you only pay her when she leaves

Really ??? you are going to lie to a TG in order to keep her LT against her will ? Sad !!!!