popeyesretreat

Philippines or Thailand to retire from USA

talung66
11 minutes ago, popeyesretreat said:

Why do you think that, you Bogan? change my mind.

I  was being polite not using septic 

talung66
32 minutes ago, popeyesretreat said:

Why do you think that, you Bogan? change my mind.

I  was being polite not using septic as though you would have realised  what kahoy ssid basically

Edited by talung66

bm69
You will be more at home in the philippines as a yank
This maybe true but a rather childish resopnse

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kahoy
3 minutes ago, bm69 said:

This maybe true but a rather childish resopnse

Perhaps you don't realize that among older Aussies at least the parlance is overwhelmingly Yanks for Americans, Poms for UK and Frogs for Germans.

I am reminded by seeing on TV when the Aussie bus arrived at Lords for the cricket world cup there were several poms running beside it in full convict stripes, hat and all. Funny.

bm69
Perhaps you don't realize that among older Aussies at least the parlance is overwhelmingly Yanks for Americans, Poms for UK and Frogs for Germans.
I am reminded by seeing on TV when the Aussie bus arrived at Lords for the cricket world cup there were several poms running beside it in full convict stripes, hat and all. Funny.
I agree,my point was he gave no explanation for his response..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Kahoy

oops, I meant frogs fro Frenchmen. I know a French guy in AC who used to get singlets make up with a kermit frog on them which he gave out to all his barfines. The guy had some serious cash so there was quite a few of these T shirts getting around for some time.

Hamchang

Flippers give better BJs and typically are more fun int he sack, easier to get into the sack for free, and omre experimental. They also have the most annoying accent so that stops me considering the Philippines as a place to live. To visit? Hell yeah but not to stay. 

zaminkhan

Philippines are significantly cheaper than Thailand and it might be easier to find a "normal" girlfriend who never worked in a bar. But if I had the choice I would choose Thailand for sure. The standard of living is higher and closer to how you live now, you can easily get everything you need, infrastructure is better, medical standard is top (just go to Bangkok hospital), less crime, less natural disasters... Certainly no need to say anything about the food as Thai kitchen is one of the best while philippino is literally one of the worst imo. I think you would feel more home in Thailand but as others said you should try both countries for a few month. Good luck with your choice. 

sam123123

The older you get the more you will likely appreciate the PI and the less you will likely appreciate Thailand.  A generalization to be sure, but seems to be what I keep hearing.  I am starting to feel this way myself as time goes on.  The new rules with Thai visas are also part of that.  Right now the Thai baht exchange is lousy and the PI peso exchange is good.  So yet another factor to consider.

Yes, the PI is more of a shithole but that is the tradeoff.

Roadglide

I am partial to Thailand and Pattaya, I have been to AC twice.  I was in Pattaya and Bangkok once prior to going to Manila and AC, with that said I think that you would have to work to find trouble in Thailand, whereas you have to work to avoid trouble in the PI.  On top of that as others have said, Thailand is cleaner and more modern and the PI is more of a "shithole"

In both countries you would want to avoid having to deal with the police, but I feel that the police are more dangerous in the PI, plus how often have you seen a Thai security guard standing outside of a bank with a shotgun???

The standard of living is also higher in Thailand, I look at most of the American guys that live in the PI to be lower class and less educated, While the Americans in Thailand seem to be more among a middle class and somewhat better educated.

The biggest drawback to living in Thailand in my view is the central government, the PI central government really has a hard enough time with their own population and they really don't care either way about expats, however the Thai government wants to keep an eye on expats and makes you jump through hoops to stay in country, as they have realized that older expats are a drain on the Thai social safety net, especially when it comes to medical treatment and wanting to get paid for it.

sam123123
18 hours ago, jocky king said:

Everyone has the different way of life and habits  , best thing to do is to take 3 months each and compare afterwards . 

3 months is not nearly enough imo.  

On 01/09/2019 at 00:41, Ludhamlad said:

There's an American Vlogger channel name is Asian Romance and he actually left Thailand to live in the Philippines.  His view after living in various places is that Makati is the best place to live in the Philippines.

I spent 3 weeks in Makati and a few days in Sabang Puerto Gallera in June and was glad to get back to Bangkok for the great infrastructure and all that it offers.  Safety wasn't so much a concern it's just the getting about from one area to another that's the problem.

For me a better alternative is Vietnam which I definitely will be going back to.

I spent some time in Makati based on watching his videos.  You need to spend a lot of time there to get to know the girls to operate the way he does.  They have their own lives and won't just drop everything for some tourist.  I personally don't think Makati is all that great for meeting girls.  Most live elsewhere and it's a PiTA to get anywhere.  Takes them hours to get there sometimes and can be expensive if taking taxi's.  More expensive to live there as well.  It's the higher end business area so any girls that live there probably make enough money that they are not as interested in meeting foreigners. 

A better location would be somewhere more central to the overall greater Manila area near lots of roads and the metro.  Like SM North EDSA. If I was only going to be there a short time I would stay somewhere near La Cafe and Robinsons Place Mall in the main expat area.  

You can find lots of regular girls in AC too and everything in cheaper there. So unless you need to be in Manila, your proably better off in AC imo.  It's not that big a deal for girls in Manila to go to AC.  I know guys in AC who met Manila girls online and got them to hop on the bus to AC to meet them.  It's probably easier for a girl who lives in Queson City Manila to get to AC than it is to get to Makati during busy times, which is almost all the time in Manila.

Edited by sam123123

floridian1

I looked really hard at Cebu but opted for LOS.  I suppose it remains a good back-up to LOS but things would have to go south dramatically in LOS for me to consider a move to PI.  I'm. not ready for a long-term relationship but when I am, it is tempting to go spend some time in PI and find a girl there.  Then, bring her back to LOS.

popeyesretreat
On 01/09/2019 at 08:41, Hamchang said:

Flippers give better BJs and typically are more fun int he sack, easier to get into the sack for free, and omre experimental. They also have the most annoying accent so that stops me considering the Philippines as a place to live. To visit? Hell yeah but not to stay. 

This reminds me of my friend, he was a Hawaiian and Japanese but grew up in CA, had zero accent but he was married to a Filipina, he said it was cute and funny at first when they were having sex but after 4 years he just wanted to smother her with a pillow it got so annoying 

Hamchang
9 hours ago, popeyesretreat said:

This reminds me of my friend, he was a Hawaiian and Japanese but grew up in CA, had zero accent but he was married to a Filipina, he said it was cute and funny at first when they were having sex but after 4 years he just wanted to smother her with a pillow it got so annoying 

It's very weird. I moved a philippine lady from our Dubai office to one in Europe recently meaning I need to speak to her a lot. Not so bad on the phone but when i was in that office for a week last month the accent drove me to distraction that I loaded her up with so much admin she didn't have a moment to talk. Bar Girl Flipperese is fine when they are excitedly trying to coax you into a drink of get you turned on. Normal talking though melts the brain. 

jonross

Interesting topic,., Have been to both countries. I'm retired US Military currently chilling in Thailand for over 3 years now. I live in a regular small Thai town where any kind of bars/night life are closed by midnight due to zoning law in a normal Thai cities and towns. there are some massage shops that will do happy ending with a BJ and thats about it. Occasionally i go to BKK/Pattaya for extreme fulfillments. I'm planning to visit Phil within a few months to see if i can find suitable GF and to bring back to Thailand for a few months at a time (of course she will be compensated for her time with me). Ideally a 4-6 months rotation between both countries would be doable. There are Pros and Cons for both countries. I love Thai food, the safety and infrastructures.,.,.,I need to find a condo to rent in Phil. 3-6 months with safety in mind. When you look at each country GDP per capita, average Thais earn 2X more than Phils. So hopefully i will get more bang for my bucks.              

GoodMan555

6 years ago, when I first became interested in SEA, I started reading Harry The Horse's newsletter about Angeles City.  It was a very good newsletter to learn about Angeles and to get the latest news related to the city, the bars, and the expat community.  What was so alarming in the newsletter was the number of killings of old expats in their homes, sometimes along with their Filipino girlfriends, during simple robberies.  Then you have the killings of businessmen and of bar managers... Human life in the Philippines means nothing.

Then I started traveling there extensively and I met a lot of expats, mostly army veterans.  I hung around VFW and often read the growing list of the expats dying off whose names they write on the board at the back of the VFW bar.  Some of these guys are tough guys and are very opinionated.  They all hated Obama, they all watched Fox news (yes, even the Angeles and the Subic guys, not just the Dumagette guys), and they all are all extra conservative, even the young ones who have their own tables at Candy bar and so forth.  What I always found fascinating is that they never sit down in a room unless they are facing the entrance.  They always make sure that their backs are covered, are against a wall, that no one can sneak on them from behind.  You are talking about tough folks who have been living there for decades and who entertain dozens of Filipinos at their houses on occasions, yet, they do not trust any of them.

Another thing that always caught my attention is the number of foreigners who have body guards.  You are not talking about the rich businessmen like Mark Savino of Candy Reality, who happens to have half a dozen body guards, you are talking about regular foreigners, middle class folks.  some also have Filipino drivers because they are afraid to drive themselves, because they fear some asshole will throw himself under their wheels just to extort money out of them.

Even Filipinos who live overseas and who are a little well to do, they hire bodyguards when they come to visit home.

Then I got robbed myself.

Unless one is so desperate, so poor, so out of options, living in the Philippines makes no sense.  Just look at the Filipinos themselves, if they can get visas, not a single Filipino will remain in the Philippines, so why would a western person living in a first world country want to do reverse immigration?  Just for pussy? There are other better options for getting pussy...

Edited by GoodMan555

WhiteThai
13 hours ago, GoodMan555 said:

6 years ago, when I first became interested in SEA, I started reading Harry The Horse's newsletter about Angeles City.  It was a very good newsletter to learn about Angeles and to get the latest news related to the city, the bars, and the expat community.  What was so alarming in the newsletter was the number of killings of old expats in their homes, sometimes along with their Filipino girlfriends, during simple robberies.  Then you have the killings of businessmen and of bar managers... Human life in the Philippines means nothing.

Then I started traveling there extensively and I met a lot of expats, mostly army veterans.  I hung around VFW and often read the growing list of the expats dying off whose names they write on the board at the back of the VFW bar.  Some of these guys are tough guys and are very opinionated.  They all hated Obama, they all watched Fox news (yes, even the Angeles and the Subic guys, not just the Dumagette guys), and they all are all extra conservative, even the young ones who have their own tables at Candy bar and so forth.  What I always found fascinating is that they never sit down in a room unless they are facing the entrance.  They always make sure that their backs are covered, are against a wall, that no one can sneak on them from behind.  You are talking about tough folks who have been living there for decades and who entertain dozens of Filipinos at their houses on occasions, yet, they do not trust any of them.

Another thing that always caught my attention is the number of foreigners who have body guards.  You are not talking about the rich businessmen like Mark Savino of Candy Reality, who happens to have half a dozen body guards, you are talking about regular foreigners, middle class folks.  some also have Filipino drivers because they are afraid to drive themselves, because they fear some asshole will throw himself under their wheels just to extort money out of them.

Even Filipinos who live overseas and who are a little well to do, they hire bodyguards when they come to visit home.

Then I got robbed myself.

Unless one is so desperate, so poor, so out of options, living in the Philippines makes no sense.  Just look at the Filipinos themselves, if they can get visas, not a single Filipino will remain in the Philippines, so why would a western person living in a first world country want to do reverse immigration?  Just for pussy? There are other better options for getting pussy...

If Lewis from Lewis grand hotel can just disappear, it can happen to anyone.