IGNORED

Siam Bayshore guest friendly or not?

hawkzz

I've been trawling this section of the board for recent information on Siam Bayshore.

The hotel seems to be checking all the boxes on my part with the resort style setting and location, but I'm having trouble getting a reliable answer to the guest friendliness of the hotel.

Does anyone have some recent/updated information they could share?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes its guest friendly, I was there last December and will be there again this December. Girls have to leave there id with reception

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a quick note as I'm staying there now.

The hotel does have a vistor/joiner fee of 1.000 Bath pr. Visitor pr. night. They try to enforce it but it is possible to sneak people in. 

If you book your room directly on their website, they will waive the joiner fee. 

• 2 years later...

Any recent information on the guest friendliness of Siam Bayshore?

Found an entry on guestfriendly-hotels.com which clearyl says it is guest friendly. On the other hand if there is a 1,000 Baht fee - that is a bit on the high side if you stay for a week. 

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

On 24/08/2022 at 14:18, NINGNING said:

Found an entry on guestfriendly-hotels.com which clearyl says it is guest friendly. On the other hand if there is a 1,000 Baht fee - that is a bit on the high side if you stay for a week. 

no idea on any joiner fees but be aware................

i don't know when your visit is planned but they are due to close for a major re-fit early january to some time in april.

On 24/08/2022 at 02:18, NINGNING said:

It's also a lonely walk down WS to/from the hotel. That part of WS has changed and is dominated by Indian places.

It's better (IMHO) to look around Soi Metro for a room

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Greg_B said:

It's also a lonely walk down WS to/from the hotel. That part of WS has changed and is dominated by Indian places.

It's better (IMHO) to look around Soi Metro for a room

Thanks a lot.

I wondered because its labelled as a 5star hotel ... location cannot be beaten, pictures look good, prices seem to be reasonable ...

I just returned mid of August after a 10 nights stay in the LK Empress, where I also used to stay many times before. Not bad, but still the signs of wear and tear are more than clearly visible and it all was a bit dark, even I had a room with a balcony facing Beach Road. Very diverse clientele and everything seemed a bit sluggish.

Edited by NINGNING

The difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.

I checked with Bayshore and their reply was  as following

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our guest (joiner) policy. Our hotel policy requires that all unregistered guests leave a copy of their ID card at the front desk for the safety and security of you and all our guests.

There is a registration fee of THB1,000 / guest / registration, however for bookings made via our hotel website (http://www.siambayshorepattaya.com) we are happy to waive this fee. To receive this waiver, please book for 2 people when making your booking, even if you are checking in alone.

Bookings made via other channels (travel agents, online travel agents, etc) are not eligible and we will charge the standard registration fee.

Please also note:

• Breakfast is not included in the registration fee.

• Guests (joiners) must be at least 20 years old as shown on their ID card.

• Fees are waived for hotel website and direct bookings for one guest (joiner) per night.

• Additional guests (joiners) will be charged at THB1,000 / person / registration.

13 hours ago, Edtje said:

THanks a lot. That is a clear cut answer.

Their website rates (incl. tax) also seemed to be very competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I recently enquired at this hotel and they are guest friendly if you book directly via the hotel and if you book via an agent, they will charge 1000 Baht for each joiner. Has anyone else received a similar response recently ? 

7 minutes ago, reggieroggers20 said:

Has anyone else received a similar response recently ?

Yes. August 28 seems fairly recent (see above.)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

31 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Yes. August 28 seems fairly recent (see above.)

Well, my bad for not checking the latest posts. 
Do they charge for second or third guest on the same day if booking is done via hotel directly?

On 26/08/2022 at 21:05, NINGNING said:

I wondered because its labelled as a 5star hotel ... location cannot be beaten, pictures look good, prices seem to be reasonable ...

Stayed there 10 years ago.  Hands down its 5 stars and i reacon the pics don't do it justice as to how nice it really is.  One of the nicest hotels i've stayed at in Pattaya.  The price is high but not ridiculously overpriced for what you get.

They had this policy of 1000 baht/ guest.  I stayed there 4 nights and brought a girl home every night.  But it was only the last night where there was a security guard who pulled me up and asked me to pay it. 

As above, the hotel is a very open space at reception and it was very easy to just walk hand in hand with a girl and no one even asks anything.

• 2 months later...
On 26/08/2022 at 04:40, striderman said:

no idea on any joiner fees but be aware................

i don't know when your visit is planned but they are due to close for a major re-fit early january to some time in april.

Where did you get this info? Im looking to stay there in january/feb

20 minutes ago, swede37 said:

Where did you get this info? Im looking to stay there in january/feb

it's possible that he mixed it up with the bay breeze hotel (on soi honey), which closes in early january until afaik april for renovations. 
but that's jut a guess of mine. 
maybe the hotel also moved their time line and will do it in the low season instead.

if you're unsure, send a quick email to the hotel and ask them for confirmation that everything is ok. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 2 months later...

Bit late to the party, but there was no guest fee enforced last August.

I brought back girls roughly 10 times and wasn't charged anything.

I was tipping the staff all the time, and ordering room service very often so maybe they were more leniant with me but I doubt it.

I asked them and got this answer in december 2022.

Further to your inquiry, That’s is correct if you book through our hotel website a joiner is free entire stay.

If you book through the third party, a joiner fee will be charge of 1,000THB.-/person

• 2 months later...
On 27/08/2022 at 21:02, Edtje said:

Thanks Edje. This was exactly what I was looking for. Anyone who can tell whether this policy is still enforced as of April 2023?

I checked out from there mid-December -22 and early April -23. For context, I´ve stayed there during more than 20 trips. Last two trips together I brought back around 25 ladies in all. 

1. Pre-Covid, there was a guard checking when you arrived (through the door to the left of the main entrance), and you had to have your TG register and provide ID at the desk. This was not the case anymore. And for sure, no payment for her. Thus, very guest friendly - no hassle or cost at all. Make sure you book for two people, though. 

2. It´s not a 5 star hotel. If you´ve ever been to one you will tell the difference. But it´s nice, informal and convenient. 

Edited by MarcusS

Porque la vida es sueño, y los sueños sueños son

• 2 months later...

Ive stayed there on my last trip.

The hotel is nice with Great pools and cant beat the location to Walking Street.

Its guestfriendly. I walked through reception sometimes, and no ID was requested.

6 hours ago, fondylius said:

Ive stayed there on my last trip.

The hotel is nice with Great pools and cant beat the location to Walking Street.

Its guestfriendly. I walked through reception sometimes, and no ID was requested.

Yeh I stayed in Executive rooms, they have an entrance on the side that doesn’t go past reception