IGNORED

High End Hotel Recommendations

thumbskrew

Hi folks,

Just a quick one from me.

Can anyone recommend a decent relatively high end place to stay for three weeks in October.

Happy to pay around £100 - £150 a night for something quality.

Doesn’t have to be a hotel either can be house or apartment.

Dig deep and let me know your recommendations please.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a look at The Wave hotel right on the middle of Beach Road.

Only 18 rooms and really good service and facilities - there's a review from last year on this forum 

there aren't many centrally located hotel options in that price range: Hilton, wave, myrt, baraquda, avani is probably all, no? 
and a little further out siam at siam and maybe holiday inn. 

vt6 has some nice rooms in this price range (double units, 96 square meters), but i guess it's nearly impossible to find one that is still available for 3 weeks in october. 

there are quite a few hotel options if you venture towards pratamnak or jomtien, but not sure if these are options for you... but i suggest you just have a quick search on Agoda or similar and have a first look at the options... 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

My mate stayed in the wave in june said was awsome,much better than mytt beach and is between £120 -£200 per  night.

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Your right Pete the room i usually take in VT6 is booked for two of my three weeks and im not really into moving once i arrive :)

I have stayed at the Hilton often (13 times, I was told on my last stay).  I have a love/hate relationship with it -- almost perfect location, good staff (unless they're keeping you from taking a 20 year old to your room), but they also have not maintained the property as I would expect, especially at the price level where it is.  That said, I get free breakfast and frequent upgrades, so it remains an option each year.

I really like the InterContinental in Phra Tamnak.  The location is a bit of a pain in the ass, but you get a real "resort feel" and the madness of Pattaya is a shuttle bus ride away (but invariably a taxi ride back).  If you're willing to take moto-taxis, the inconvenience may be lessened, but I am unwilling to do that.  FANTASTIC pools!

I am heading back to Holiday Inn -- I think the least expensive listed above -- next February.  I haven't stayed there in 3+ years, but the opening of Terminal 21 nearby and rates at about 1/2 of those at InterContinental have me checking it out again.  As I recall, it was a nice property, but I don't know if it qualifies as "high end."

Someone mentioned the Avani earlier but I’m not sure of its guest friendly status - numerous reports of mongers being charged a 1000b joiner fee soon after it ceased being a Marriott property. However, recent advice indicates the ridiculous joiner fee has been dropped. If true, rooms, facilities, f&b and location are all top notch so would have to be considered.

Anyone care to verify if it is guest friendly once again?

HI Guys,

Though id respond here with what i had been shown on Air BNB by a friend.  This is what I have opted for.

I know its in Jomtien, but the odd baht bus and motorbike taxi wont kill me, right?

69077983_510942366146732_4088383719864270848_n.jpg

69128438_2290977417819178_4420285160272953344_n.jpg

69169854_2372013769720348_6600791909868765184_n.jpg

69313576_378322986189679_1290353826649341952_n.jpg

69349466_2325652227749102_3917818997898215424_n.jpg

69700615_607483229780406_7908118695652622336_n.jpg

I stay in Jomtien each trip as above thread outlines.

I don’t mind the trip to and from Pattaya though the roadworks at the bottom of Second Rd make it more difficult at the moment.

You should download the Grab App so you can use taxis if you don’t fancy the baht bus or moto taxis. 220-250 to/from Central Pattaya as a rule.

Looks like you may be staying in VT5D?? Decent location if so.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks David,  Yes VT5D correct :)

I will certainly use grab, if only for a touch of aircon :)

Good tip, @davidge 

I'm staying in Phra Tamnak at the InterContinental in November, and I am going to load the Grab app.  Actually "reload" is more accurate -- I loaded it for a prior trip, but did something that ended up with Thai being the language used....so it was useless to me!  555

If I do a late (or long) ST at my room, it can be tough to find the girl a motosai to take her home.  There is a small taxi stand right across from the hotel, but they close up shop and are long gone by 2 or 3 a.m.  Royal Cliff is around the corner and, as a larger property, there is usually some kind of transportation there, but getting them to come down to the InterContinental is not very easy.

Archived