Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

catcher

badminton Anyone?

catcher
Posted (edited)

will be in town december thru april......looking for anyone who wants to pay badminton 203 times a week. I am out of shape..but want to get some arobics in while trying to get stamina back...have been playing 10 minutes and then rest for 5...if this is something that interests you...drop me a line...have fun.

ohhh...by the way I am 68...not decreptive...just out of shape...lol

Edited by catcher

catcher

the post should read 2 to 3 times per week.  sorry

eXplosief
4 minutes ago, catcher said:

the post should read 2 to 3 times per week.  sorry

Lol and play instead of pay. :D

pasta man

I am interested in playing badminton. Should be around some of that time. Is there a good place to play around patts?

catcher

yes...great place to play...Pattaya 3rd road....if you go on pattaya tai..take a right onto 3rd road...it is on your right. Diamond badminton...large blue sign on right...building is set back about 50 yards from the road.  It is just after the road that crosses 3rd rd road at an angle from the left.  Across the street is a pink hotel Chan Thong Place.  price is cheap...opens at 2 PM I think.

jed§

Diamond is a nice place to play badminton. There are about 6 courts, I seem to remember, and you can hire good rackets as well as shuttles. It's not air conditioned so make sure you drink plenty of water before you play (at least 1 hour before) and take some with you as well. Badminton isn't a game which is all that good for getting fit though. It's better to be fit before and not expect to become fit by playing.

If you're not that good you probably won't be moving around that much anyway, but if you are quite good (ie. can hit the shuttle more or less where you want it to go and get to most returns from your opponent(s) your heart rate will go up high quickly and return to a lower rate either quite quickly or more slowly, depending on how fit you are.

Either way your heart will be 'spiking' (going up high, then going down) something which is not that good for your heart. Also, injuries are common, especially in the case of inflexible, older or un-fit people) because of the sudden twisting and turning which your body can undergo, during a game. 

To off-set both of these warm your body up gradually for 10 - 15 mins before a game, including stretching, and do the same at the end.

catcher

thank you for the work out lesson (Jed)...I play for exercise...been doing it for the last 3 years while I am there. Just like to find like minded people who enjoy getting out for a little bit. Something to do early evenngs before shower and dinner.

GeeGee20

Coming to town early jan, I will reply earlier to then but absolutely interested. I'm early thirties but if I've learned anything from playing racquet sports against those older than me is they have much more patience and they make you run!