IGNORED

Chee chan

Rikamaroo

Anyone had the pleasure of playing Chee Chan. 

My mate and I always play a high end course at least once every trip - Siam usually- but this new course at Chee Chan looks the business.

It's more expensive than Siam and not much info out there on condition and layout. I know it's silly money but is it worth a round?

Considering it for our next trip but dont want to play an expensive dud.

There on Face Book and you can apply for a discount through FB and book your Dates and Tee time....Not Many Players on this Expensive New Course

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Which course at Siam do you prefer? I’m over 26th Dec for 23 days. Will play Monday,Wed,Thursday and Friday with golf club at LK.

However my Japanese pals over and he wants to play Siam,so we will have a round. Most people saying old course.

Will ask around about Chee Chan.

So many well priced good courses.

Edited by Joethescot

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

All the courses at Siam are excellent.

I played Plantation first time, then Old and finally Waterside.

All are a joy to play - condition is exceptional on all 3 courses. Waterside was least busy of the 3 but don't let that put you off.

Having played all of them I would be happy to play any of them again.

We played the Old course a week or so after the LPGA Honda and that made is extra special and the one I would rate the best.

The only gripe I had at any of them was the caddies at Waterside who were a bit miserable - for no reason.

My mate and I are low single figures but there are a number of tees to choose from and all are playable for all levels of handicap.

Laem Chabang is also a superb course and perhaps a little cheaper than the Siam courses and worth considering as an alternative.

Whatever you decide, please review on here and let us know what you think of the course.

Enjoy.

Edited by Rikamaroo
spelling

10 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

Anyone had the pleasure of playing Chee Chan. 

My mate and I always play a high end course at least once every trip - Siam usually- but this new course at Chee Chan looks the business.

It's more expensive than Siam and not much info out there on condition and layout. I know it's silly money but is it worth a round?

Considering it for our next trip but dont want to play an expensive dud.

Chee Chan is OK. We played it not long after opening so facilities where still getting sorted. Drinks stands & restaurant not then up to the standard of what you would expect. Course itself is good, conditioning of course was excellent but to me I would not hurry back. No real reason it just doesn't do a lot for me..  There are guys that think its the best course in the area but as with everything in Pattaya beauty in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't deter anyone from playing it and certainly would not put it in the dud category 

I would  play it again if some mates hadn't been there & wanted to go but it would not be my first choice. The day we played the 8 guys all play at Siam twice a week so maybe a bit spoiled from playing there. Will be interesting to see how the New Siam course " Rolling Hills" compares when it opens. 

16 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

Thanks for the info.

Just out of interest how much did the round cost. 

Honestly don't remember exact amount. I think around 3100 baht but at that time was a rate they had for newly opened course is more expensive now. 

Yeah much more expensive now apparantly. Heard it's about 6000 baht!

That's considerably more than Siam.

I will see what's happening price wise when I arrive and make a decision then. 

Thanks for the info.

On 27/08/2019 at 08:15, Harve said:

Chee Chan is OK. We played it not long after opening so facilities where still getting sorted.

On 27/08/2019 at 13:49, Rikamaroo said:

Our group played it between Xmas and New year when they had the deal. Green fee was reduced to 2k plus 1200 for caddy and cart.

Like Harve I would not hurry back. Very long course (no shorter tees then) especially into the wind. Very open to the elements as few trees. Great condition. Although new, caddies were good from memory.

On 27/08/2019 at 14:49, Rikamaroo said:

Thanks for the info.

PSC rate for August was 2500 plus 1200 for cart and caddy

From now on it will get more expensive.

THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING

9 hours ago, farcanal said:

PSC rate for August was 2500 plus 1200 for cart and caddy

From now on it will get more expensive.

I'm guessing the caddies won't be happy with only a  300  baht tip .  

7 hours ago, maxtroy said:

I'm guessing the caddies won't be happy with only a  300  baht tip .  

Yeah, probably not dissimilar to the P4P scene in Pattaya.

Rich golfers giving a bigger tip, and then caddies expecting a raising of the bar.

My 2nd golfing trip to Pattaya back in 2009 we had one millionaire (allegedly) in our group. An absolute tosser, bought a dozen ProV1's , new umbrella and new cap at every golf club we went to. No bullshit.....I tried once to lift his bag....must have weighed 40 kgs. He loved to let everyone know he was loaded (allegedly) . One of his caddies let him know she played golf....so....he buys her a new set of clubs.

The rest of us just tipped the normal 300 baht.

After 20 golf trips to Pattaya I don't think any of my group have ever seen a caddie not happy with her 300 baht.

10 hours ago, farcanal said:

Yeah, probably not dissimilar to the P4P scene in Pattaya.

Rich golfers giving a bigger tip, and then caddies expecting a raising of the bar.

My 2nd golfing trip to Pattaya back in 2009 we had one millionaire (allegedly) in our group. An absolute tosser, bought a dozen ProV1's , new umbrella and new cap at every golf club we went to. No bullshit.....I tried once to lift his bag....must have weighed 40 kgs. He loved to let everyone know he was loaded (allegedly) . One of his caddies let him know she played golf....so....he buys her a new set of clubs.

The rest of us just tipped the normal 300 baht.

After 20 golf trips to Pattaya I don't think any of my group have ever seen a caddie not happy with her 300 baht.

He is one to avoid for sure. 

In my life I have the misfortune of dealing with wealthy individuals and most of them are unlikeable at best. 

Caddies work hard for peanuts so I usually give more than 300. Extra 50 for birdies etc. And do the caddie challenge on par 3s where all players put 50 baht in for nearest the pin. The caddy of the winning player gets the 200 baht. Great fun and the caddies appreciate it.

Makes for a better day if the caddies enjoy it too.

12 hours ago, Rikamaroo said:

He is one to avoid for sure. 

In my life I have the misfortune of dealing with wealthy individuals and most of them are unlikeable at best. 

Caddies work hard for peanuts so I usually give more than 300. Extra 50 for birdies etc. And do the caddie challenge on par 3s where all players put 50 baht in for nearest the pin. The caddy of the winning player gets the 200 baht. Great fun and the caddies appreciate it.

Makes for a better day if the caddies enjoy it too.

Yeah, unfortunately for me I couldn't get any of my mates to do this trip so I reluctantly went with this other mob....it was bearable, only because a couple of the others were nice blokes.

You would not believe the arrogance of this wanker.

I did hear later he got a bit of comeuppance back in Oz. His wife took to his Roller with a 5 iron when she discovered he was shagging the barmaid at his local club.

• 4 months later...

Chee Chan stated 3300 for a weekday round 

On 26/01/2020 at 19:35, ajgrant63 said:

Chee Chan stated 3300 for a weekday round 

Was that just green fee ? Then cart & caddy on top ?

On 29/01/2020 at 13:56, Harve said:

Was that just green fee ? Then cart & caddy on top ?

Yes that's just green fee

• 1 month later...
On 02/02/2020 at 11:24, ajgrant63 said:

Yes that's just green fee

I think Chee Chan is the only club that doesn't give a reduced rate to Pattaya Sports Club members. Good enough reason to avoid.

If you negotiate with them in the pro shop they will do a better deal.  Sometimes it's worth paying a bit more to play on a course this good