IGNORED

May or June trip?

revan00

Lookin to book my next trip either mid May or early June.

I know it’s the beginning of the rainy season and also around the hottest times of the year but due to work and other obligations this is my only window next year where I can spend more than 4 days on vacation.

Does the rain really impact any part of the Pattaya night life?

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just there the last week of June and the first week of July. It rained pretty much everyday for about an hour.Sometimes more than once. As far as nightlife, the only thing that impacted me was trying to get from point A to point B without getting soaked.

may or june is both great and it really doesn't matter what time you pick. 
there will be some rain, but it's really no big deal and you just adapt a little or stay longer in a bar or whatever. it's no problem honestly. 

check https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/thailand/2020 to avoid any dry days if that's important for you. from memory: only the 6th of may is a dry day, but not 100% sure. 

have fun. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Just take a pair of shoes or sandals you don’t mind getting wet and that dry quickly.

Normally I go twice a year always May and October for 1 month  love these low season months, already been this year in May but have cancelled my October trip due to poor Thai Baht rate, but hopefully will go back on May 4th next year as normal, I find that October is worst than May for rain sometimes no rain other times much flooding everywhere but what I like it's very quite around the resort. 

May is usually cheaper than June to fly from the U.S., due to the kids getting summer vacation. However IMHO May is hotter than June in Thailand. So, whatever is important to you.

Personally, I think rainy season is the best time to be there. So what if soi Buakhao turns into the mighty Mississippi, there's less tourist and it's cooler. 

Thanks for the feed back. Settled for May and booked flight in on the 11th and flying out on the 23rd. 

16 hours ago, revan00 said:

Thanks for the feed back. Settled for May and booked flight in on the 11th and flying out on the 23rd. 

Good choice, hope to be there myself on May 5th for my usual Month stay.

Good choice, hope to be there myself on May 5th for my usual Month stay.

One of these days when I’m rich or better yet, rule the world I will endeavor to take month long trips myself. Unfortunately until I finish my last rounds in collage for my degree I’m limited by school and work. I just have to hold out for two more years then ill be done!

14 hours ago, revan00 said:

One of these days when I’m rich or better yet, rule the world I will endeavor to take month long trips myself. Unfortunately until I finish my last rounds in collage for my degree I’m limited by school and work. I just have to hold out for two more years then ill be done!

Yes, know how you feel way back in 1987 on my first trip to Pattaya in the days i was working could only go between 1 and 2 weeks hardly worth it really, but when i finished working in 2003 that's when i started going for a month and sometimes 3 or 4 times a year no wonder my next trip will be the 49th to Pattaya.

Archived