Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Basil1801

Joiner Fees

Basil1801

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190824/096c20e1721713537c63847dd47be817.jpg[/img/

This appeared on my Facebook page earlier, hope it's not a sign of what's to come, bloody hell between the exchange rates and the girls trying to charge more we soon be priced out of Pattaya and Thailand

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RRosenberg

I'd read that the LK group were enforcing the 20+ rule heavily however in terms of joiner fee, wouldn't it only apply if you'd booked the room for one person and you took a guest back OR if you booked the room for two people and went back with yourself and two companions?

LeoTex
Posted (edited)

I stay at the LK Group hotels 4 to 5 times per year for the past 10 years.

I never had to pay a joiners fee in all the years I have to stay with them.

That sign as been in the lobby at the check in counter as long as I can remember.

LK Group.jpg

Edited by LeoTex

LOTTELLEE WINNA

No joiner fees at any LK hotel AFAIK....stayed at most of them over the years.

bedbath

Is the LK metrople apart of the group. I plan to stay there next trip if I cannot get a room at the acrea lodge.

petehoax
16 minutes ago, bedbath said:

Is the LK metrople apart of the group. I plan to stay there next trip if I cannot get a room at the acrea lodge.

yes, it's a part of it. 

Explorer8939
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

There is certainly a joiner fee at LK, I have paid it. If you register and pay for 2 persons in the room, and bring a 3rd person, they will ding you for 500 baht.

A “joiner” is any excess person beyond the number of persons you pay for when you reserve the room. Most people register their rooms for 2 people, to avoid the joiner fee.

My only question is what happens if you bring a series of ladies to your room, one by one? Does the hotel ding you for the second lady?

i have a massage lady come by in the morning, and then bring a LT lady in the evening, will the hotel charge me a joiner fee for the LT?

Edited by Explorer8939

deano4598
2 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

There is certainly a joiner fee at LK, I have paid it. If you register and pay for 2 persons in the room, and bring a 3rd person, they will ding you for 500 baht.

A “joiner” is any excess person beyond the number of persons you pay for when you reserve the room. Most people register their rooms for 2 people, to avoid the joiner fee.

My only question is what happens if you bring a series of ladies to your room, one by one? Does the hotel ding you for the second lady?

Hardly, rooms are the same price almost all over Pattaya regardless of whether you indicate one or two persons staying so I have no idea where you get that from. I have never had to pay a joiner fee for bringing a girl back even when I indicated the room was for one. 

AFAIK some hotels charge when you bring back a second girl but will not if you bring back any number one by one.

Explorer8939
1 minute ago, deano4598 said:

Hardly, rooms are the same price almost all over Pattaya regardless of whether you indicate one or two persons staying so I have no idea where you get that from. I have never had to pay a joiner fee for bringing a girl back even when I indicated the room was for one. 

AFAIK some hotels charge when you bring back a second girl but will not if you bring back any number one by one.

Price at LK hotels depend on the number of room occupants.

deano4598
3 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Price at LK hotels depend on the number of room occupants.

Just checked Agoda for LK Residence, same price for one or two persons booked, so how would you explain that?

Explorer8939
2 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Just checked Agoda for LK Residence, same price for one or two persons booked, so how would you explain that?

I just checked on Expedia, and found you are correct. Maybe it’s a new thing. 

But, the joiner fee applies when you bring in a second lady. 

LOTTELLEE WINNA
20 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

i have a massage lady come by in the morning, and then bring a LT lady in the evening, will the hotel charge me a joiner fee for the LT?

Mate, IME (about a dozen stays at 4 LK hotels), you book a room for two people. This cost is exactly the same as booking for one person. Yes, if you choose to bring two ladies back at the same time you will pay a joiner fee.

So just to be clear, book for two people and there is no joiner fee when bringing a gal back to your room.

wadman
34 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

Are the hotels/receptionists organized enough to know that?  

deano4598
1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

I just checked on Expedia, and found you are correct. Maybe it’s a new thing. 

But, the joiner fee applies when you bring in a second lady. 

Which is kinda what I said "AFAIK some hotels charge when you bring back a second girl but will not if you bring back any number one by one."

deano4598
1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

Maybe it’s a new thing. 

Yeah, since about 2013 when I first stayed in one of these.

Jebb

Stayed at LK Metro for the last 10 years always book a room for 2 ( same price as for one ) and never been questioned.

Greedydunlop
2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Mate, IME (about a dozen stays at 4 LK hotels), you book a room for two people. This cost is exactly the same as booking for one person. Yes, if you choose to bring two ladies back at the same time you will pay a joiner fee.

So just to be clear, book for two people and there is no joiner fee when bringing a gal back to your room.

Take 2ladies back?my time of life I have enough trouble servicing1

LeoTex
2 hours ago, deano4598 said:

He can't!!!

LeoTex

talung66
7 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

2 hours ago, deano4598 said:

Though i haven't had any issues at a LK or know of any from others and  as an other has mentioned it seems to be a new thing around town charging for a 3rd as never ever had any issues in the past anywhere with bringing 2 back with me

But i recently had a GF whos teenage kids and friend  came to visit  pattaya and stay in my condo  while i went to AC they came a day before i was leaving. There were 3 of them and every hotel i asked wanted more for 3 pax for the 1 room so i stayed in the hotel and they stayed it my place.

i confirmed every time i not need extra towels or any thing else and the GF told same in thai but none would budge .

LOTTELLEE WINNA
40 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Though i haven't had any issues at a LK or know of any from others and  as an other has mentioned it seems to be a new thing around town charging for a 3rd as never ever had any issues in the past anywhere with bringing 2 back with me

But i recently had a GF whos teenage kids and friend  came to visit  pattaya and stay in my condo  while i went to AC they came a day before i was leaving. There were 3 of them and every hotel i asked wanted more for 3 pax for the 1 room so i stayed in the hotel and they stayed it my place.

i confirmed every time i not need extra towels or any thing else and the GF told same in thai but none would budge .

I often book for a room for 3 people (me+missus+son). We use Agoda and Expedia, many hotels charge more for 3 people...that’s just the way it is, I don’t blame the hotels at all. Always been that way AFAIK. 

Some places are different, particularly if your booking a suite (eg @Mind and KTK).

talung66
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I often book for a room for 3 people (me+missus+son). We use Agoda and Expedia, many hotels charge more for 3 people...that’s just the way it is, I don’t blame the hotels at all. Always been that way AFAIK. 

Some places are different, particularly if your booking a suite (eg @Mind and KTK).

yes may be for hotels and a extra bed will be provided ect ect.i did not mention we were only looking at cheap places like katesiree 18 coins and guesthouses around centara for 3 thai teenagers to sleep a few hours no extras . One would have thought it would have been ok for a thai asking 

Where back in the day i would bring 2 girls back it wouldn't bat a eyelid. There is now it seems a joiner fee for the 3rd person to me around town 

Edited by talung66

sam7004

i stayed many time lk rsidense at soi diana but i never give joiner fees

if you book room for 2 person & checkin hotel 1 person

you not need to give joiner fees for 1 guest,one room 2 person allow,they charge you on 3rd person

but some hotels in pattya charge joiner fees for unregisterd guest

you need to register 2nd person when you checkin

hoopbhoy

I'm in the Royal Wing now and have been for the last month. Absolutely no problem. Never see any staff other than the maids.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

per anum

I stay only at LK (Metropole or Renaissance). I always book for 2 and have never had a problem. Wither it is with a lady or a ladyboy, they don't even bat an eyelid. 

The day they try to charge me is the day I say bye bye!

Whiskyjack

Just stay at Baraquda.  No joiner fees even if you bring 2 girls, and they don't care if the girls are 19.