Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Window 10 Pro Product Keys

Billyboy294

I keep getting messages to activate Windows 10 Pro (or else). Windows 10  was installed  a few months ago in Tukcom for 400baht

Has anyone ever used Product keys which are sold by the likes of Lazada for a few hundred bahts.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I dunno what the current status is because i don't use Windows but most of those product keys have already been identified by Microsoft.

An alternative is to use the win 10  trial version (full enterprise version), backup your data and reinstall it every 90 days.

What Kahoy has stated about Windows 10 keys, is simply untrue. In addition, you should disregard the Windows 10 Enterprise 90 day reinstall idea. Not a good one.

What likely has occurred is that they didn't bother with any key at all.

When will people learn to not let those cowboys anywhere near their computers.

Utterly disgusting when they can purchase a Windows 10 Pro key for 100 baht in order to do a good job for the customer and still end up with 300 baht as profit.

Instead they install with no key at all, or just use a KMS solution which can fail at any time. Just so they can put the whole 400 baht into their pockets. 

No integrity whatsoever.

I suggest you purchase a suitable key via eBay or Lazada, whichever suits and then run a clean install of Windows 10 Pro to your device. Just accept that you threw 400 baht down the drain and tell yourself never to do that again.

When it comes to Windows 10, there really isn't much point in letting someone else install for you. In fact it is a really bad idea.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Microsoft-Windows-10-Pro-32-64-bit-Operating-System/6031187488 is an example of a cheap key.

The scum whom installed yours didn't even bother to spend that. 

13 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

I keep getting messages to activate Windows 10 Pro (or else). Windows 10  was installed  a few months ago in Tukcom for 400baht

8 hours ago, NotASexTorist said:

I'd suggest trying to active your existing install and if that doesn't work, buy an inexpensive key on Ebay, preferably from a seller who looks legit, ie many sales with many positive user reviews. 

What's been said before, I've done 3 installs of Win7 with keys purchased from a UK seller, zero problem. No reason to suspect their Win 10's wouldn't work either.

Cheers

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I bought a real cheap win 10 pro key from ebay for £3. It didn't work. The seller floods ebay with similar deals, somehow gets a good history of sales, sells the keys, then deletes their account. Ebay not interested in refund ....i had to take it to paypal, who did.

Paid £16 for one on amazon instead - they had thousands of +ve reviews.

Thanks for all the replies.

I have Windows 10 Pro installed in Tukcom for 400 baht about 4 months ago. As i said i now  keep getting warnings to Activate it with a Product key.

Lazada advertise 3 options and I decided on the one key option (on the left) because i thought it would come quick by email .

I ordered it at  1200 noon and got the Product Key by email at 8.20 pm. Not bad for a Sunday.

I got a friend to install it in case i messed up and it worked fine. I now have Windows 10 Pro activated.

Cost 129 baht paid by Visa card. I have gone off COD for goods because you never know when they are coming. They now leave paid items at my Condo office.

255774903_Win10Prod_keys.thumb.jpg.6e5cc09d5a8fa998ca58361ff1f6db9e.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I bought a real cheap win 10 pro key from ebay for £3. It didn't work. The seller floods ebay with similar deals, somehow gets a good history of sales, sells the keys, then deletes their account. Ebay not interested in refund ....i had to take it to paypal, who did.

You were unlucky. £16 doesn't get you a better key than a £3 key. You just had a one off issue. Usually if there is an issue with a key, they will change them for you. It's not a big deal.

Perhaps there was another issue.

I've purchased a couple for around £2 each via eBay with no issues.

Other devices, I simply moved from Windows 7 for free.

9 hours ago, Evilfriar said:

What's been said before, I've done 3 installs of Win7 with keys purchased from a UK seller, zero problem. No reason to suspect their Win 10's wouldn't work either.

Cheers

You can often use the same keys to move to Windows 10 anyway.

16 minutes ago, NotASexTorist said:

You were unlucky. £16 doesn't get you a better key than a £3 key. You just had a one off issue. Usually if there is an issue with a key, they will change them for you. It's not a big deal.

Perhaps there was another issue.

I've purchased a couple for around £2 each via eBay with no issues.

Other devices, I simply moved from Windows 7 for free.

Agreed. But the screwing about, telling the seller it doesn't work, him giving you some BS back, you retrying then claiming a refund. 

I needed it for work (bitlocker encryption) and it saved me £400, which was the alternative 3rd party encryption. So delighted with £16! 

1 minute ago, taylor1975 said:

Agreed. But the screwing about, telling the seller it doesn't work, him giving you some BS back, you retrying then claiming a refund. 

I needed it for work (bitlocker encryption) and it saved me £400, which was the alternative 3rd party encryption. So delighted with £16! 

£16 is a lot better than paying via the Microsoft Store.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

For Win10 you don't need a license.Yes, you will get a watermark on the desktop stating it is unlicensed but besides that there is no real limitations. You will still be able to download updates, install new applications, etc.

Also, from a security stand-point it is not recommended to have a local IT shop install the OS. If you value your privacy and credit card info, you will be better off doing this yourself. If that seems like a tall order, ask a friend to help.

On 25/08/2019 at 04:54, taylor1975 said:

re "real cheap"...the old saying "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". 

1. Don't do business with the bottom feeders to begin with.

2. If they've deleted their Ebay account there's probably not much Ebay can or will do about it. Don't expect a great deal of help from Ebay anyway, IMO.

3. That's why one buys through PayPal. PayPal favors the purchaser, for better or worse. 

All my Ebay keys have worked, but I don't buy from the cheapest or newest seller.

Archived