Taa_Saparot

Bum Guns

CamelToe

If I buy one in Thailand,any issues getting it fitted by a plumber, metric vs imperial threads? Anyone done it in Australia?

neo1011
4 minutes ago, CamelToe said:

If I buy one in Thailand,any issues getting it fitted by a plumber, metric vs imperial threads? Anyone done it in Australia?

Shouldn’t be an issue... most plumbers merchants around the world stock adaptors to change pipe threads. 

rog555
18 hours ago, RRosenberg said:

I personally think it's disgusting and outrageous that in the so called "developed west" we don't have bidets/bum guns as standard everywhere. 

I agree.   Once you have become used to bum-guns or bidets, the idea of using toilet paper is so clearly a bad idea.

So why has the UK and many other developed countries not progressed away from toilet paper ?   It is an interesting question.   Is the answer psychological, socialogical or to do with plumbing standards ?

Governments havent promoted bum-guns. Sounds greener. Maybe the toilet paper industry is influencial ? 

One of you entreprenuers should make a business out of installing bum-guns.  (Give me 5% for the idea.)

Hamchang

The westification of Thailand with the HiSo Thai's thinking that bum guns are so 3rd world and should be removed. All the new malls don't have them which means that their patrons, none of whom know how to use toilet paper walk around with a shit covered arse. It is stupid. 

The Bidet / Bum gun is a very sensible option and for climate change fans boys it saves the environment as well. WE installed a bum gun in our house  in the UK and having just been to Italy on holiday where every hotel has a bidet, I am stunned at how the media, no doubt pushed by their advertisers selling bog roll and plastic wet wipes have made people believe bidets and bum guns are bad. They are not. They are fundamental to being properly clean after having a shit

Scuba+
They are in Mr DIY for under 100 baht

Scuba+
I agree.   Once you have become used to bum-guns or bidets, the idea of using toilet paper is so clearly a bad idea. So why has the UK and many other developed countries not progressed away from toilet paper ?   It is an interesting question.   Is the answer psychological, socialogical or to do with plumbing standards ?

Governments havent promoted bum-guns. Sounds greener. Maybe the toilet paper industry is influencial ? 

One of you entreprenuers should make a business out of installing bum-guns.  (Give me 5% for the idea.)

I think in the UK people would be disgusted at the thought. We'd have to have a referendum, bum guns vs paper and it would end up 52\48 and get nowhere

sg1912
2 hours ago, rog555 said:

I agree.   Once you have become used to bum-guns or bidets, the idea of using toilet paper is so clearly a bad idea.

So why has the UK and many other developed countries not progressed away from toilet paper ?   It is an interesting question.   Is the answer psychological, socialogical or to do with plumbing standards ?

Doesn’t it have something to do with France inventing the Bidet and the UK refusing to use it?

thinkingallowed
2 hours ago, CamelToe said:

I think both Thailand and Australia use BSP threads for water pipes.

chris2004

Are men's arses different from women's arses? That's a new one. What's the difference?

RRosenberg
15 minutes ago, chris2004 said:

Are men's arses different from women's arses? That's a new one. What's the difference?

Judging by the absolute stench a recent girl left in my bathroom, I’d say our arses are the same 

katzenfry

The bum guns in Thailand are really a very pleasant und useful thing. Water + toilet paper and verything is fine. I think they are not common in  europe because the spilled water would not dry so fast or not at all like in Thailand. 

hioctane
Judging by the absolute stench a recent girl left in my bathroom, I’d say our arses are the same 

Never leave your bathroom without a One Drop!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamchang
36 minutes ago, katzenfry said:

The bum guns in Thailand are really a very pleasant und useful thing. Water + toilet paper and verything is fine. I think they are not common in  europe because the spilled water would not dry so fast or not at all like in Thailand. 

Bidets are or were very popular in Europe. They are going out of fashion though and I bet the bog role industry has been pushing this. 

LarryDarrell

I bought a portable squeeze bottle bum gun to use in my "advanced" Western homeland.  Just fill it with warm water beforehand.

Scuba+
Bidets are or were very popular in Europe. They are going out of fashion though and I bet the bog role industry has been pushing this. 
I've always thought Bidets were rubbish, water flow too low. A gun would be better, but true about any spashage on the carpet, would it dry, would it stain after a short time.

bukone
On 17/08/2019 at 21:08, Kahoy said:

I've been using a bum gun or a bucket and pail for 40 years, ever since I first came to Thailand. Spreading a thin film of shit all over your arse with toilet paper is disgusting. I can totally understand why the MP's are outraged.

Either way if you don’t use paper after the bum gun you could still have shit in your arse, or splashed on your cheeks if it’s a high pressured one 555

ever since I had kids and used nappy wipes to clean there bums I always finish off with wipes, leaves a nice smell to your arse hole too :) 

while on the subject of arse hygiene all the hotels I’ve stayed in Thailand have cheap toilet paper with 2 ply being the norm, in Australia I use plush 3 ply to mop up my arse hole and don’t have to worry about breaking through during a wipe.

but I don’t mind a bum gun in conjunction with toilet paper.

bukone
16 hours ago, CamelToe said:

No you should be good to install, but in my experience over the years in Thailand bum guns seem to leak quite a bit, that’s my only concern in getting one installed.

Biennial

You can buy high quality bum guns in the west, and they fit our plumbing.

I think they call them hand held bidets or something like that.

They come with all the necessary fittings. Look on Amazon.

Used mine for years and love it.

Note if you are in a cold climate, your arse may be surprised by the cold jet.

popeyesretreat

Move a few times in the last few years and the first thing I do is install my Bum Gum I bought in Home Depo for $20-30 USD, well worth it. And always remember there is no place like home... To POOP

hioctane
I've always thought Bidets were rubbish, water flow too low. A gun would be better, but true about any spashage on the carpet, would it dry, would it stain after a short time.

You can adjust the water pressure. Always make sure the pressure is not too strong or you will be junping out of your seat!

Kahoy
1 hour ago, bukone said:

Either way if you don’t use paper after the bum gun you could still have shit in your arse, or splashed on your cheeks if it’s a high pressured one 555

ever since I had kids and used nappy wipes to clean there bums I always finish off with wipes, leaves a nice smell to your arse hole too :) 

while on the subject of arse hygiene all the hotels I’ve stayed in Thailand have cheap toilet paper with 2 ply being the norm, in Australia I use plush 3 ply to mop up my arse hole and don’t have to worry about breaking through during a wipe.

but I don’t mind a bum gun in conjunction with toilet paper.

I finish off by washing my arse with soap and then wiping with a towel. Of course this option isn't available in a public toilet but I can't remember the last time I used a public toilet for a number 2 except at Singapore airport on my way home when I have an 8 hour layover. I know where the toilets with the bum gun are there too.

A bum gun shouldn't be any more likely to leak than any tap.

Scuba+

You can adjust the water pressure. Always make sure the pressure is not too strong or you will be junping out of your seat!

My limited experience of bidets were in friends houses years ago and then it was basically a tap and no option for changing water pressure. I hope they are better these days

hioctane
My limited experience of bidets were in friends houses years ago and then it was basically a tap and no option for changing water pressure. I hope they are better these days

All bidets are connected to the switch that turns off the water to your toilet bowl. You use that to adjust the pressure.

hioctane
You can buy high quality bum guns in the west, and they fit our plumbing.
I think they call them hand held bidets or something like that.
They come with all the necessary fittings. Look on Amazon.
Used mine for years and love it.
Note if you are in a cold climate, your arse may be surprised by the cold jet.

There are lots of different bidets. If you are worried about cold water, there are bidets with heated seats, warm water, even blow dry your asshole! Top of the line ones go for $1000... If you go to Japan or have a layover, check out the fancy bidets in the airport bathrooms!

bukone
1 hour ago, Kahoy said:

I finish off by washing my arse with soap and then wiping with a towel. Of course this option isn't available in a public toilet but I can't remember the last time I used a public toilet for a number 2 except at Singapore airport on my way home when I have an 8 hour layover. I know where the toilets with the bum gun are there too.

A bum gun shouldn't be any more likely to leak than any tap.

Controlled bowels wow awesome, with the food I eat in Thailand I shit when it’s ready to come out 555