Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

vimto66

Do you ever feel sorry for the girls.

Syco
14 minutes ago, RRosenberg said:

Why? They make enough in a relatively short working career to set themselves up for the future by simply saving a portion of their income,

Your'e assuming that they get the choice to save their income , don't underestimate the influence of bloodsucking family back in the village , that drain them of every spare baht a lot of these girls have.

keepitfun
13 minutes ago, Syco said:

Your'e assuming that they get the choice to save their income , don't underestimate the influence of bloodsucking family back in the village , that drain them of every spare baht a lot of these girls have.

There are a few I feel sorry for.  Some are “living the life” by choice but many are as above...obligated by history, culture, expectation....pressured by family etc.  some of these girls are genuinely trapped and can’t see a way out.   It’s not possible to apply western thinking and that they can “walk away any time”.

others I feel sorry for are those that for what ever reason are heading down the mental illness path, they may be internally horrified by their existence but put on a bright exterior that only cracks  on rare but increasing occasion.

allwet

Yes I feel sorry them. The older I get the more it hits me in the gut. These girls get incredible pressure from their family to make and send them money so the argument that they can just walk away doesn't hold a lot of weight. 

My last trip I witnessed a girl from Soi 6 run into oncoming traffic on 2nd Rd. She was very lucky that her bar 'sisters' were able to yank out just in time. 

SirL

Why do you keep going on about dancing naked in the OP, when in fact very few gogo dancers in Pattaya dance naked?

8 hours ago, vimto66 said:

....dancing naked in front of strangers......

This question is generally with gogo girls in mind but could also be beer bar girls (just take away the dancing naked).

Which gogos are you going to that have all these naked dancers?  I wish dancers were naked, but they aren't.  How many girls in Pattaya actually dance really naked?  (not many)    Is your definition of naked different from mine?

keepitfun
58 minutes ago, SirL said:

Why do you keep going on about dancing naked in the OP, when in fact very few gogo dancers in Pattaya dance naked?

I make all my gogo girls dance naked for me back in the loom, and while we may have shared a drink, I still would consider us to be strangers.  

:P:P

wickedd

Do you feel sorry for the average hard working Joe back home?

First the taxman takes 50% of what he earns and then the fat women with attitude shit on him all year and he has 50/52 weeks of hard work and 2/52 weeks sex and fun.

rope-a-dope
9 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Working 7 days a week with 3 days off a month, going with men some of who they wont find attractive in the slightest, dancing naked in front of strangers, often being treated like shit, slow weeks/days earning very little (especially for the not very good looking ones), at risk of STD`s, ultimately doing something you wouldnt want your daughter to do if even if she was penniless.

Then on the other hand at least they`re earning and some girls can make genuinely good money, they can earn more than many Thais in `good` jobs, they`re with friends, they can provide for their family, and some do seem quite content with their lot, and for most its not a career, its a quick way to earn potentially good money before they stop and do something else.

So whats you`re honest opnion, sometimes i feel sorry for some of them as  i look at a bored looking girl who cant wait for her shift to end, and try and imagine what it must be like, then other times im just so pleased they are there, if they weren`t i`d be fucked.:D

This question is generally with gogo girls in mind but could also be beer bar girls (just take away the dancing naked).:wink:

Only your girls :D

George1234

Most of them probably take what they do far less seriously than their customers seem to.

Most girls from Issan choose not to work in bars, so there isn't some desperate inevitability about it all.

Most girls who choose to work in bars last a few months and then disappear, so they are not necessarily having to endure anything. 

What seems to come across is the total boredom with their job. I think that is the universal problem of people on low incomes and with limited opportunities: everyday, every week, every month, every year - is just the same. 

After talking about my plans for the next month or so, a girl at Pussy Club told me that if she won lottery she would do what I (farang) do. When I asked what that was, she described a life of doing what you want and having what you want. I think she is right, having a repetitive life with limited choices is depressing. I don’t think she realised that millions of people in farang land had that same life also. 

dan2016

I started not feeling bad for them when I found out some of them make more money then me.

Mr_wimpy
2 hours ago, gshock said:

I have a job that I don't like.

It’s called “work” for a reason.  

bukone

Only feel sorry for the girls who are not educated enough to find another job, like who can’t read or write 

otherwise the ball is in there court, they chose what they want to do in life.

Mr_wimpy
4 minutes ago, George1234 said:

having a repetitive life with limited choices is depressing. I don’t think she realised that millions of people in farang land had that same life also. 

Learnt this the hard way and totally agree.  It’s materialistic.  The prefect life on paper isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.  Fresh air when you realise that 

buck011

Just a transaction for me.I pay,they deliver service.No emotions involved.

Luv2Phuket

I was thinking about it earlier today.  I have some sympathy -- but mainly frustration -- over their "live for today" attitude towards money, which keeps many of them in the bars for past their "sell by" date.

The concept of saving for "a rainy day" or their future seems lost on the vast majority of the girls.  A very rare few pour their money into land, houses back in the Village, etc.

This is FAR from limited to Thai culture, though.  When I was young and making good money, I had a  ridiculous amount of credit card debt and would blow gobs of money in strip clubs, on clothes, etc..  Wish I could go back and slap the shit outta myself.

My nephew (20s) is really bad.  He has a decent job in law enforcement and his wife works in a local government office.  Between them, they make pretty good coin (for where they live), and they should be eligible for very nice pensions when they are still remotely young enough to enjoy them.  That said, I doubt that they have much, if anything in savings, as his wife spends money hand over fist on clothes, purses, shoes, etc., and he spent almost 5 grand on a fucking custom-made Deadpool suit.  GTFOH.....

Gunnar_G

Of course I feel sorry for some of the girls, there is a lot of sad stories in Pattaya.

But I don't let their problems become my problem, I treat them well, pay them fairly and don't get involved in their lives.

jPat
10 hours ago, Joey_J said:

Feeling "sorry" for them is Step 1 on the road to being a Western Union Sucker.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR V3 using Tapatalk Pro

That’s some Pimp shit right there

semi-retired member
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Working 7 days a week with 3 days off a month,

I used to work 7 days a week, with no days off, for eight months a year & limited days-off for three more.

I did it to support my Thai-wife & family, so I do have a lot of respect for the girls, who work similarly-hard to help their own families, even more respect when they know that Mama plays cards & Papa is a drunk & their brothers are layabouts or their kids are always asking for money for the latest must-have luxury !

The dream of an older farang who will support them, in return for care & attention which he cannot find back in Farangland, well I hope they can learn the language-skills to communicate which will improve their chances. There was someone going round Soi Chaiyapoon last trip, selling (for a reasonable B100 per copy) a photocopied book on learning basic English.  Good Idea !

I have occasionally shown my sympathy, by buying that sort of thing, and giving it to them.  I also support them by taking one LT, when it fits with my own needs, that always (from my first trip in the early-80s) seemed a fair deal between consenting adults to me.

Edited by semi-retired member

George1234

You are very lucky if:

- you have a family that is very close and would do anything for you. 

- you have at least one loyal friend.

- you have your health and access to high quality affordable health care. 

I can begin to have sympathy for anybody who doesn’t have these things. The ‘tragedy’ of working in a bar seems seems trivial in comparison. 

WalterA
Posted (edited)

I’ve learned ....

... you make your own luck in life ....

.... people always have options, whether they make the right options or not is different ....

.... we are all dealt different cards in life and have to play the hand with what we’ve got ....

.... getting an education is often a way out of poverty ....

Edited by WalterA

JoseThailand

Has anyone asked the question - do the girls feel sorry for you? :D Because many guys who come to Pattaya have no other chance to get laid. It's them who should be felt sorry for.

WalterA

I feel sorry for people , including children with cancer and all sort of diseases in hospital who suffer ....

samaus

Left my hotel this morning at 7am to go to the mini mart. On the way back outside my hotel sitting on the wall was a girl. She asked me to sit with her so I sat down. She had been on beach road last night ...made 1000b but 900b of that was taken by the police. Now she didn't have any money. Other girls who didn't have 1000b were taken to the cop shop to spend the night in a cell.

She offered me a short time which I accepted mainly due to the fact I felt sorry for her. A lot of these girls find themselves in situations where you'd have a cold heart of you didn't feel a bit of sympathy for them.

JoseThailand
27 minutes ago, samaus said:

She offered me a short time which I accepted mainly due to the fact I felt sorry for her.

You you basically fucked her out of pity. Good boy.

geezerrb
46 minutes ago, WalterA said:

I’ve learned ....

nd the luck in them is often not your own  but ruled by often unseen 

... you make your own luck in life ....

.... people always have options, whether they make the right options or not is different ....

.... we are all dealt different cards in life and have to play the hand with what we’ve got ....

.... getting an education is often a way out of poverty ....

I think you contradict yourself, you cannot really make your own luck as you state as often options in life are influenced by circumstances beyond your control.,"different cards".

I do agree to some extent that getting an education can be a way out of poverty, hence why many girls in p4p support their family looking after a "village child" particularly in many I have known trying to ensure the education of that child so that kid will not follow the same path they had.

I noticed a topic title something like "is Pattaya running out of girls"?

per anum
Posted (edited)

They are all a bunch of lazy cows!!.......it they have any morals, they will be knee deep in a paddy field together with the family buffalo.......the fact that they can lay on their backs and sell their twats for 10 times as much money is the driving force. 

Its not poverty that drags them to hookering, it is lethargy! 

Edited by per anum