gaz1889

A lot of negative shit on here lately.....who's got something positive to tell me?

Atlas
4 hours ago, birdhaus said:

The only bad thing, if I call could even call it that was that I got made redundant from my IT job of the past 12 years but even that has been a blessing in disguise.
First week home I paid off the apartment and with a new direction in my career in play the world is my oyster.
Even with the the strong baht I had an amazing time and after 4 weeks at home I am still spending some leftover holiday monies as opposed to dipping into my accounts. 

That's my happy story. 

I hear ya. IT, made redundant back in Dec 2013, knew it was coming for about 2 yrs ! Had taken my first trip to LOS the July-Aug previous, so I knew I would go back after I finished up... Did not realise I would love it so much I would sell up and retire here.... 6yrs later  living the dream :D

WalterA
2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Do you live here?

Why? You asking me for a date?

Not exclusively but mostly yes, if that answers your question.

WalterA
31 minutes ago, per anum said:

The ladyboys are now spitting out the cum.......what is this world coming too????

I heard there was a ladyboy who got pregnant ..... some UK guy sends money for the child every month .....

Rocketboy
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, WalterA said:

Why? You asking me for a date?

Not exclusively but mostly yes, if that answers your question.

Thank for the offer, but you're definitely not my type! 

Not exclusively but mostly does answer my question!

Edited by Rocketboy

mmaaarrrkkk
19 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Got to a agree with @WalterA, I don’t detect a lot of negativity either.

I think there is. We have threads like beginning of the end and the endless UKP/USD vs Baht end of the world posts............... firstly not everyone lives in those 2 countries and even if you do , there is still tremendous value in Thailand.

Old Scratch
1 minute ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

I think there is. We have threads like beginning of the end and the endless UKP/USD vs Baht end of the world posts............... firstly not everyone lives in those 2 countries and even if you do , there is still tremendous value in Thailand.

Spatial comparison of Thailand to UK = Thailand very good.

Temporal comparison of Thailand now to Thailand before = Thailand very bad.

Conclusion: Spacial relocation is exciting but Time is depressing.

WalterA
29 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

The main problem with UK expats .... got no f... clue why .... apart from three - four countries ....

(US, ISrael, Phillipines, ...) they don’t get pension increases unlike every other country in the

world .... they get extra screwed .... maybe that’s why they are more effected and debate more

WalterA
32 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

there is still tremendous value in Thailand.

Yes very true ... if you are smart you can still live very cheap and good as well .... maybe some people not street wise ..... 

mmaaarrrkkk
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, WalterA said:

The main problem with UK expats .... got no f... clue why .... apart from three - four countries ....

(US, ISrael, Phillipines, ...) they don’t get pension increases unlike every other country in the

world .... they get extra screwed .... maybe that’s why they are more effected and debate more

I assume its also the majority of the members here are from UK/USA.

But the world is changing and getting smaller. The Commonwealth empire under the Queen slowly broke apart and the americians are only now realising that the world doesn't revolve them

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

birdhaus
5 hours ago, WalterA said:

The exchange rate does less damage on 2 week millionaires .... it’s the guys who live here who really feel it ....

That's too bad, and it sucks it suck, but hey. 
Stay positive dude. 

jocky king

Negative.. Strong Thai baht means less girls/Ladyboys and less drinking  , Positive .. Decreases a chance to get a STD and health disease. :rolleyes:

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Well the first thing to say is that the THB has risen across almost all currencies and not just the two you mention. Bloomberg described it last month as the strongest performing currency in the world. For example, 6 years ago I used to commute between Pattaya and Sydney, and every 2 months I would return with 10,000 AUD and at the TT exchange I would get over 310,000THB, today I would be lucky to get 210,000THB. 

The fact that I am posting a comment on this, is in my view totally natural. Wouldn’t be rather odd if we didn’t mention that the massive currency drops effectively mean that our time in Pattaya costs around 1/3 more than it did a couple of years ago?

None of this is to express negativity, nor to imply that ‘the Sky is falling’, nor for that matter to say that it’s not possible to find good value in Pattaya. We are all on here just ‘shooting the breeze’, and part of that is to describe how much it costs to holiday in Pattaya - the city which for so many of us is paradise.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Lucky

There are still plenty of great looking babes here and slow season most of them are looking for company :).

Leedsmick
10 hours ago, Leedsmick said:

Can get my whole suitcase of holiday clothes washed and ironed for like £3 :rolleyes: it’s the small things that count after 2 weeks of mongering :GoodNews1:

I remember the good old days of that suitcase washing costing £1.50 :Laugh1:

Asianpoptart

Positive and Negative. In less than 1 minute here in California, there’s only 91 more days to go before I Touch down in Thailand for the first time!

Rocketboy

Well this has surely gotten away from the OP's titled thread and back to  part of what he mentioned in paragraph four!

fforest
Posted (edited)

Guys its a beautiful day in the neighborhood.... 

Edited by fforest

LOTTELLEE WINNA
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

Well this has surely gotten away from the OP's titled thread and back to  part of what he mentioned in paragraph four!

Lots of good value to be had. Traveling outside high season offers a less expensive holiday - book airlines around 2 months before departure offers the best deals in my view. Sign up as an Agoda/Expedia member for discounts and flash sales - two examples that I got last year are Bay Breeze 900thb inc breakfast...March hotel 800thb...a veritable Billy Bargain.

If your watching the pennies, best staying out the GGs, lots of cheaper fun to be had elsewhere. Met a cracker out of Time Bar on LK...one LD + 300 BF and a true LT.

For drinks, have a beer in the room before going out, have a half price cocktail on the rooftop of the upmarket Acqua hotel, or get a freebie @flynn and I got dragged into the Office agogo for free drinks during low season last year.

For eats the cheapest option is Thai...but not from a western restaurant.

Lots of good value if you hunt around.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA

Diederik

I go in october the whole month.  And, yes there are some negative developments.   But positivity needs negativity. 

Yes, the exchange rates are bad now.  So, I have adjusted my savings plan.  There are less western Tourists.  More Indian tourists.  Thai girls don't like the Indian tourists, so we are promoted from western tourist to the jackpot.   And I surely will enjoy that. 

This will be my 7th time Pattaya and i think this might become the most epic holiday ever. 

funfrom
On 13/08/2019 at 22:03, Mr Wombat said:

You can do the same thing at home - brothels everywhere.

Positive - save on airfare and accomodation and dont need to take a week off work :D

I know you are just taking the mick, but I said almost any girl you see. Which is true in Pattaya. I tried asking the birds walking around at home for LT and they almost called the cops on me.

Patts, I walk out the door, see a hottie, chances are I can proposition her. I like to check what they are packing down low first, but not judging those that don't care :D

gaz1889

Yep.

Inevitable I suppose.

Jebb

Good point. Guys lets keep this on topic, stay positive and avoid the usual exchange rate/prices discussions please.

Rocketboy
1 hour ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Lots of good value to be had. Traveling outside high season offers a less expensive holiday - book airlines around 2 months before departure offers the best deals in my view. Sign up as an Agoda/Expedia member for discounts and flash sales - two examples that I got last year are Bay Breeze 900thb inc breakfast...March hotel 800thb...a veritable Billy Bargain.

If your watching the pennies, best staying out the GGs, lots of cheaper fun to be had elsewhere. Met a cracker out of Time Bar on LK...one LD + 300 BF and a true LT.

For drinks, have a beer in the room before going out, have a half price cocktail on the rooftop of the upmarket Acqua hotel, or get a freebie @flynn and I got dragged into the Office agogo for free drinks during low season last year.

For eats the cheapest option is Thai...but not from a western restaurant.

Lots of good value if you hunt around.

Yes!!

gamer2323
On 14/08/2019 at 17:02, George1234 said:

Well done, mate. I went to Florida last year, hired a car and drove city to city without a plan. Where are your favourite spots? 

I'm going to the Tampa area this go around and it's pretty nice.  Have yet to try out Miami, I hear that's where it's at.

karandy

something positive ;

the price of cheeses in siamburi shop is incredibly cheap and great tasting ;

ausi mature cheddar around 200 bt a kilo?