Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

gaz1889

A lot of negative shit on here lately.....who's got something positive to tell me?

gaz1889

Ok, I'll start.

As of February I'm going to start taking two trips a year of maybe 12 nights or so instead of one annual 3 week trip in June/July.

I know many people go more often & for much longer but for me I think that's an improvement & something to be positive about. Travel & accommodation costs will increase but I reckon I can make those costs back on the ground.

We don't need to talk about poor currency exchange, increased costs of drinks & barfines, less attentive/attractive  girls, new visa rules, better value in other countries, the market being focused more towards high spending asians etc, etc.

Plenty of value still to be had, what positive measures can you introduce to make more of Pattaya?

Old Scratch

Soi 6 is still there.

Hmmm...

That's all I got.

K...

I spent 3 weeks in Pattaya last month and it was as a fun as always.

Nothing negative to report but i'm yet to get tested so we'll see :o

bfinkay

Beat off with a hot girl over video chat today, first time for me and I have to admit I surprised myself in a good type of way

bfinkay
Beat off with a hot girl over video chat today, first time for me and I have to admit I surprised myself in a good type of way
Kind of missed the intital question but Im thinking I'd never had been open to being asked if I'd never jurted so many of my children across Pattaya

defyodds

I've had 0 luck opening a bank account on my tourist visas been to about 15 branches and always denied . Then last Friday while at toybox in Soi 6 a new trainee for manager in nightwish group told me go to the Bangkok bank on Walking Street and say the windmill sent you. Well today I did my visa extension so already had all my paperwork on me and thought what the hell, stroll inside, the manager is asking me way more questions then I had anticipated and I'm bullshiting my answers and failing hard I can tell she's seeing right through me, she then says " did someone send you here?" I said " yea the wind mill" . " Oh ok sir come over here we'll get you setup". Took about an hour getting all the paperwork done so yea Pattaya isn't all doom and gloom.:rolleyes:

NorCalKid
53 minutes ago, gaz1889 said:

Ok, I'll start.

As of February I'm going to start taking two trips a year of maybe 12 nights or so instead of one annual 3 week trip in June/July.

I know many people go more often & for much longer but for me I think that's an improvement & something to be positive about. Travel & accommodation costs will increase but I reckon I can make those costs back on the ground.

We don't need to talk about poor currency exchange, increased costs of drinks & barfines, less attentive/attractive  girls, new visa rules, better value in other countries, the market being focused more towards high spending asians etc, etc.

Plenty of value still to be had, what positive measures can you introduce to make more of Pattaya?

It's a chat forum for exchanging information.  Unfortunately a lot of that is the current situation.

My positive contribution.  All packed and waiting for the sun to come up to leave for a big road trip up to Canada.  Kind a bucket list trip of national parks coming home through Montana and Wyoming.  

javasumatra
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gaz1889 said:

Ok, I'll start.

There's lots.

1. hotels are still dirt cheap. The D hotel on Buakhao is 7000B per week.

2. Beer is cheap. 50-60B/bottle on Soi Buakhao.

3. Food is cheap. Living in the southern USA, going to Pattaya is like going home in so many ways - Fish and chips, cooked English breakfast, Magners..............

4. The weather is fantastic.

5. There are loads and loads of women throwing themselves at you for little money everywhere both online and online.

6. Liberation. Nobody cares who or what you are in Pattaya, There is something for everyone.

......but in saying all that, My next trip is going to be Vietnam/Cambodia. Haven't been there for 14 years and with the Baht doing what it's doing, this is a good time.

Edited by javasumatra

Rocketboy
56 minutes ago, gaz1889 said:

Ok, I'll start.

Spot on with your fourth paragraph!

What I can tell you that is positive is your attitude!!! As you said there is plenty of value to be had here. :)

Daz Manc

Today the UK pound is positively down to 36.7 Baht at many kiosks here

There you are, that's positive   :WhoSaw1:

eXplosief
19 minutes ago, defyodds said:

I've had 0 luck opening a bank account on my tourist visas been to about 15 branches and always denied

Was this on a 30 day visa exemption or a SETV/METV?

LeoTex

One month from tomorrow evening I will be on my first leg of my 3rd trip of 4 to Pattaya this year.

All hotel reservations made and paid for.

Not taking a bucket full of list, just going with the flow.

Not worrying about the exchange rate as I will be bringing back enough baht from previous trips to see me through my 17 day holiday.

And on a positive note, when on Soi Chaiyapoon I will just walk around the pot holes and that is, if the Soi isn't completely flooded where I can't see them.

LeoTex

froddo

I'm positive I'll celebrate my 70th in LOS this October. If not I'll be dead then that would be a negative

udontony

Been coming to Thailand and Pattaya for over forty years and still enjoy myself as much as ever, many things have changed over the years but I still love the place.  Living in Issan I can get there for six or seven week long breaks every year and the rest of the time I love being in Issan so perfect for me.

Jous

Thanks to NDTVi’s last video i want to try Chim chum. And i’ve already spoken with a regular to go eat chim chum next month. Well fed and well shagged. What else can i ask for?

:Dance1:

bobSL1

The whole point is you can shag a girl half your age for the price of a round of drinks back home. Your glass is more than  half full so chill and enjoy.

RRosenberg

Did my first trip in late May - June. Went home and re-booked my second trip which I've just completed, July 13 - for 28 days.

I read all the negative shit and it still didn't stop me from returning so soon and having a blast.

A few positives:

Within 10 minutes of me checking into my room, I had a 'guest' arrive (not pre-arranged, so still super easy/convenient to get girls).

Beach road was full of talent every night, even more than when I went in May, quality seemed to be up as well, so another 'positive' there that even in 'low season' there are still plenty of girls to choose.

Even close to closing, iBar, Insomnia etc still had tables full of girls for you to choose from.

...plenty of positives. Like anything you get out what you put in. Go there with a good attitude and you'll have a blast. 

FROST MEDIC999
2 hours ago, gaz1889 said:

Ok, I'll start.

Bare back and save the condom monies for more FL and Bush Babys 

Louis Ting Tong

Even with all the things people like to moan about on here, Pattaya is still way better than back home. Positive attitude is the key.

Zeb

Whats not to be positive about ?

If here in Pattaya we are up to our eyeballs in willing available not expensive good quality crumpet.

Those who don't see it that way - Up to you  :)

Maybe not here ?

iron

I'm booked for pattaya next march, i don't care what the exchange rate is, positive thoughts.

youngexpat

I took my first trip to pattaya in about 10 years in may. Quick 5 night trip. On my last night a girl started chatting me up while I was having a bowl of noodles. She was visiting from bkk.  I probably would not have chosen her but she was a 20 something in quite alright shape. we ended up partying for the night and she left in the morning before i could even think about paying her.

It made me feel like although i'm getting older all is not lost.

it inspired me

I came home lost 6 kilos and finally quit smoking.

Amen

wallywest

Went to pattaya in May and had a great time  and fully intend on a return visit in March (though I may go longer and  spend some time in Bangkok as I haven’t been there for a while). I’d go sooner if I could but looks like it’s not possible til next year. My last 5 overseas trips in the last 2-3 years have all been to Thailand and I don’t intend on changing that for the time being.

Jarrod2518
1 hour ago, NorCalKid said:

All packed and waiting for the sun to come up to leave for a big road trip up to Canada.  Kind a bucket list trip of national parks coming home through Montana and Wyoming. 

Seriously I think you are way way off topic - the focus is Pattaya not the backwoods of Canada. Keep to the topic OK!!

Jarrod2518
2 hours ago, gaz1889 said:

what positive measures can you introduce to make more of Pattaya?

You need to focus on what you are really interested in and presses your buttons. If you like the go-gos then Walking Street and LK Metro is still interesting though more expensive. If you like sitting in an open bar watching the world go by - lots of bars on Beach Road. if you like to have hands on fun, there is Soi 6 plus many other options. you just need to exert some energy to go beyond the obvious tourist traps.  Pattaya is still a fun city  but perhaps not as much in your face as in the past.