Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Little pastry shop on Buakhao

13 minutes ago, xtremedude said:

I think in Thai logic they open at 7 am because staff show up at 7 am to start baking.

Or spend an hour crunching the numbers on what the daily cinnamon roll prices will be.

Edited by dnaliaht

3 x 20 bht

2050440797_9sept010(Custom).JPG.4eb1383f103fd21c1c032da77c288e5b.JPG

yesterday i wandered in around 17 20 hrs and they had run out of these plain croissants.............which is good, get in earlier works as i did today

Just now, petermik said:

U on commission striders.......:Crazy1:

no. i don't often go in the places i take pics of but those were ok and they didn't last long when i got back to the condo and keyboard. 

i always try and help folks find the  new places esp independents it's tough out there

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2019 at 18:10, petermik said:

U on commission striders.......:Crazy1:

i'm not making any dough with these photos

277680931_27sept009(Custom).JPG.389f05a6ef4563452ed3e7ad9a32e2d0.JPG

• Like 2

Nice friendly girls working in the bakery and kiosk, i went in the other day and a big selection of pastries as soon as you go in, from 10 baht, cheaper than Big C Extra

the cabinet appears to have been moved to the main site

846154541_3oct005(Custom).JPG.ca1bec6823cf941ac2623139a1a05d32.JPG

i weakened as i took the photo..............

1150429353_3oct012(Custom).JPG.0554ba86b69a9e9e49d515d78e3fc93d.JPG

chocolate croissants 20 bht each

the cabinet appears to have been moved to the main site

Yes i guess that was a matter of time. I like the pastries but the inside doesn't quite work, so I can't see it ever being busy. Maybe should have gone for the Starbucks comfortable seating sofa idea.

I buy most days anyway

The new shop looks great, & not that far from my hotel ....will definitely sample their selection of pastries next month :GrinNod1:  

Edited by felix the cat

Just now, felix the cat said:

The new shop looks great, & not far that far from my hotel :D....will definitely sample their selection of pastries next month :GrinNod1:  

i've got to go past it to meet a BM for a drink in 50 mins. last couple of days i would have had more success resisting the borg

Sorry to be a bit thick as usual, but the location of this pastry shop is about three shops north of Benelux on the inland side of Buakhao, yes?

Just now, SirL said:

Sorry to be a bit thick as usual, but the location of this pastry shop is about three shops north of Benelux on the inland side of Buakhao, yes?

yes.

blue sign right hand of photo is benelux bar

912526552_18aug009(Custom).JPG.80bd922911cabf6203ffb93cecd06c46.JPG

i was in around 15 30 today and they had sold a great deal of pastries..............there was not a lot left.

i think now word is getting round tues/fri market days are too tempting for falangs when dragged shopping by telac

Edited by striderman

4 hours ago, striderman said:

i think now word is getting round tues/fri market days are too tempting for falangs when dragged shopping by telac

Thanks, good to see it seems successful, I'll be visiting soon.  

To me, it's near rival for my coffee baht is Benjamit, but is it true that Benjamit's coffee is much better?  

Edited by SirL

16 hours ago, SirL said:

Thanks, good to see it seems successful, I'll be visiting soon.  

To me, it's near rival for my coffee baht is Benjamit, but is it true that Benjamit's coffee is much better?  

I always thought Benjamit is overrated. It has once of the best locations but comfort and coffee wise , there are much better places.

I always thought Benjamit is overrated. It has once of the best locations but comfort and coffee wise , there are much better places.
For me its the combination of coffee and pastries. Atmosphere a factor maybe as it's busy. Location isn't good but better than Harrys

42 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

Fair enough, what are the much better places than Benjamit for coffee and pastries please?

I'd guess the Benjamit atmosphere is better than Harry's because Harry's is on the busy road?

Edited by SirL

Benjamit to me has one of the best locations. Right in the middle of the market and facing it. I have parked myself there while friends go wander around. They also allow street food in so that's a plus. I often do that but I make sure I buy more than my party's share of food and drinks so they wont accuse us of using their tables for little profits/margins.

But firstly I am not a morning person and usually have brunches (meat plus carbo!) so the pastries do nothing or me. And I love the thick thick coffee. Best ever I had in Pattaya was Black Canyon's traditional coffee ; thick rich with sweeten milk ; yummieeeeee.Unfortunately they got rid of it when they changed their menu.

Comfort wise , who wont prefer an aircon environment to sip your hot coffee instead of the heat wave market. The seats and tables are so small but plentiful and packed close together (cant blame them ; they are running a business!), I could easily knock into someone accidently. Even then one can never get a seat inside and have to settle for the ones near the stairs ........... if you're lucky first to get one and then if the sun doesn't shine thru the canvas.

Just now, SirL said:

Fair enough, what are the much better places than Benjamit for coffee and pastries please?

I'd guess the Benjamit atmosphere is better than Harry's because Harry's is on the busy road?

air-con inside harrys with seating

Definitely worth a try !

I like Benjamet despite the location. The market is only there 3 days a week which means 3 days the view is just the car park. Personally i prefer to go when the market isn't on as it's too busy and pastries sell out quick, weirdly they always sell out and they never think to get more in

I see plenty of photo's taken from the outside the shop, though none taken from the inside? :huh:

It makes good business sense to show what's on offer from inside the shop...right? :D

Edited by felix the cat