IGNORED

Little pastry shop on Buakhao

the old stall was shut today and the new place open for business

730976736_30aug008(Custom).JPG.f1e67dfcec383d9282119d97e2fcdbbc.JPG

922058074_30aug009(Custom).JPG.c5e6439d0bfbbecb8f9bab98938ba887.JPG

Weirdly the old kiosk is still open as of now45c1bb075261aa3c7baac269d6abdea2.jpg

yeah the little booth has been back in action for several days, seems a little pointless to me too

while i wish the new place the best of luck i will be amazed if they can sell enough product to cover costs

Edited by striderman

yeah the little booth has been back in action for several days, seems a little pointless to me too

while i wish the new place the best of luck i will be amazed if they can sell enough product to cover costs

I just walked past and has customers so hopefully will do ok, a nice change someone not just opening another bar.

Just got a 20 baht Cinnamon roll from the kiosk, very nice

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Sad the half baguettes have gone up from 10 to 15 baht. Yes i know cc.

And with the pound at 36 that,s a big increase.....cc or not it,s over the top :Cry3:

On 13/08/2019 at 06:47, Scuba+ said:

It's called Harry's Bakery, just past Colins Bar opposite the old Phantom bar.

The girl working there didn't want me to take a photo. Probably thought i was asking her to get her tits out.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Nm4QUdi7tvpuSEgB9

You mean you asked for a pic of her baps & she misconstrued? Lucky you didn’t enquire about her freshly baked muffin, she’d probably have slapped you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I stopped in Sunday and ordered a latte, an iced coffee and some croissants. The croissant was very good. The latte or attempt at such was unfortunately not , my companion drank only part of her iced coffee.  We sat outside to start but it was hot without fans so moved inside which was quite cool and an enjoyable space.  

Pricing seemed a little high for the area but the baked goods all looked tasty and my selections were.  If they improve the coffee I would return on occasion.

• Like 2

I stopped in Sunday and ordered a latte, an iced coffee and some croissants. The croissant was very good. The latte or attempt at such was unfortunately not , my companion drank only part of her iced coffee.  We sat outside to start but it was hot without fans so moved inside which was quite cool and an enjoyable space.  
Pricing seemed a little high for the area but the baked goods all looked tasty and my selections were.  If they improve the coffee I would return on occasion.

They need to get the coffee right, more skill than people think, and no fans outside is an obvious mistake

2 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Amazing inflation in this kiosk, Cinnamon rolls up another 5 baht today

A 25% increase, outragous!

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

20 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
31 minutes ago, likeaking said:
A 25% increase, outragous!

Yes and don't forget its just this week

I'll bet it's the farang price.

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

11 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

I noticed also the fruit slices have shrunk in size to when they first opened......shooting themselves in the foot methinks.....I,ll swerve past in future :GrinNod1:

Prices up because nobody is buying the (expected) coffee to go with the pastry?

welcome to soi buakhao lol

Back down to 20 baht today, other things down to 12 baht... that's more like it

How much is a basic Croissant? 20?

I'd like to see how it compares to those i usually buy at Friendship.

Are they greasy or not?

Are they greasy or not?
i think 15-20 baht, I've not tried but i doubt they are greasy

Just now, KhunChang said:

Are they greasy or not?

i'm no expert but i had 2 the other day and they seemed tasty to me. there was a special offer on the board propped outside today 49 bht for a croissant and coffee

3 hours ago, striderman said:

i'm no expert but i had 2 the other day and they seemed tasty to me. there was a special offer on the board propped outside today 49 bht for a croissant and coffee

I was right 555 ......see post #39

Woke up early this morning, seen on Google that they were opening at 7.00 am. As friendship opens at 7.30 I thought why not.

So I cross an already busy Pattaya Tai and do the few horrible hundred of meters of walk along soi buakhao.

I arrive there, the shelves are empty and I'm told that I have to wait 8.00 am.

Lol, then open at 8.00am FFS

1 hour ago, KhunChang said:

Woke up early this morning, seen on Google that they were opening at 7.00 am. As friendship opens at 7.30 I thought why not.

So I cross an already busy Pattaya Tai and do the few horrible hundred of meters of walk along soi buakhao.

That's one way to increase coffee sales. 

Every hole a goal.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Thai time. Have you noticed how thai girls can't get out of bed in the morning? except if they are running from a LT

Reminds me this big coffee shop in Buriram opening at 7.30am or something like this.

When i show up maybe 15 minutes after opening time, i'm told by staff that thay still have to wait several dozen minutes before the coffee machine is hot enough to be ready.

A coffee shop that can't serve coffee and 2 or 3 staff paid doing nothing, waiting that the machine is hot enough. That was kind of funny.

3 hours ago, KhunChang said:

I think in Thai logic they open at 7 am because staff show up at 7 am to start baking.

On 03/09/2019 at 06:21, striderman said:

My instinct would be to canvass supply to other places including hotels? Although if it is not Thai owned that can be difficult.