Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

ICanand IWill

Vloggers - am I being paranoid??

ICanand IWill

A question to all BM's who live / visit Pattaya - not to  the stay at home dreamers.......

I have visited in the past - many years ago, but most of the time with work colleagues amongst whom mongering was a No No, although when let loose on my own, for the few days I tried to make up for lost time.

Currently working in China, I can now see some windows of opportunity opening towards the latter part of this year - unfortunately probably during peak times in December.

However, my current role involves working with many Chinese males - some in manufacturing business, a lot more in the financial field - and being a white person working with them, I am pretty much instantly recognisable, without factoring in a few distinguishing characteristics that I have.

Some are aware that I wish to travel around a few Asia countries whilst I am here, and an unbelievable number have suggested going to Philippines and Thailand - and knowing I am single - suggesting mongering. It seems most of these Chinese have either at home or abroad - or both! They are not ashamed.

What most astounded me was the number who showed me on You-Tube (all seem to have VPN here) videos of the bar streets / girls, and worse still, being able to listen into conversations.

In the past - I have looked at a few - but after seeing the same thing - gave up watching them.

I have read on the board here, many times, about the vloggers, but more pertinent to my concerns, are the many comments about their 'sneaky' ways, and 'if I see one I will do this or that to them'.

From the comments here, I get the impression that very very few of the vloggers, if any,  are recognised or known to the regulars.

I personally cannot risk being shown on You-Tube negotiating with a BG, or walking down a street holding a BG's hand, or talking to a massage girl in front of their building during the day. And I do not want to spend my time in Pattaya just on TF and living like a hermit!!

I would not trust any of the Chinese who I work with to keep it confidential  - or use it to blackmail me - or worse still send the link to my task master overseas.

Questions -

how bad is the problem now with the vloggers?

Apart from a one piece batman suit (or similar) to disguise - any other helpful suggestions?

Are the vloggers actually more visible than appears from the comments?

OR................am I just being paranoid????????????????????

The Danimal

Don't overthink it....I always think if someone sees it that knows you they are doing it or have done it as well.  I don't watch you tube or anything of the like...but I have been 100+ times to Pattaya/BKK...never an issue

bukone

If your worried stay at the hotel and use Thai Friendly, thats one  option

Another is to meet girls and tell them to met you at your hotel, give them a hotel card 

Dazza118

Just enjoy your 15 minutes of fame being on youtube. What's the worst that can happen? :wink:

ICanand IWill
7 minutes ago, Dazza118 said:

Just enjoy your 15 minutes of fame being on youtube. What's the worst that can happen? :wink:

Loose my job and quite possibly a greater part of my pension..........................

Dazza118
4 minutes ago, ICanand IWill said:

Loose my job and quite possibly a greater part of my pension..........................

You tink too mutt :D

The Danimal
4 minutes ago, ICanand IWill said:

Or get a raise and promotion...and become the company tour guide

flojoe
Posted (edited)

Wear sunglasses and a low baseball cap. Problem Solved. 

Edited by flojoe

kash buc

Burkas!!!!   Dress like a Muslim woman Problem solved

per anum

I understand your concerns.....here are a few things you could do -

1. Visit enclosed bars.....very unlike a vlogger can film inside

2. When visiting open bars....face away from the road.

3. Use TF......completely vlogger safe

4. Stay away from the most common streets WS and LK Metro

DO NOT

1. Walk hand in had with a girl on WS and LK Metro

2. Negotiate with the girls on Beach Road

3. Proudly walk around hand-in-hand with the ugliest bearded ladyboy (even I might film you)

If you do come across a vlogger........please pay a mototaxi crew to dispatch him to the nearest ER to have his camera extricated from his anus.

Machinations

Pretty much what per annum said. If in a bar, try to sit inside, not at the rail and don't negotiate on BR.
If you're that concerned or have a lot to lose, maybe this town is not for you, sorry to say. Wouldn't be much of a holiday trying everyday to dodge cameras.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mr Wombat

There are literally thousands of chinese tourists videoing 24/7 of their holiday in pattaya. You are more likely to get videoed by one of them.

Now..... what are the chances one of them is related to your boss 1.4 billion to 1. Are you willing to take the chance punk

Taa_Saparot

Why do they have to come across as a creep?

Like this one, I spotted today.

Asianpoptart

YouTube no longer gives them any money for filming in these areas so they do it because they have the same addiction as us.

You’ll probably get a raise like the others said above.  I know my clients started asking me when I’ll be there and has handed me envelopes of kamagra gel at work.  Be proud of your hobbies!

apu nahasapeemapetilon

Spread a rumour that you have a twin brother who goes to Pattaya occasionally.

LarryDarrell

If you tighten your job you won't loose it.

Queef_Sniffer
2 hours ago, ICanand IWill said:

Wow, while you're freaking out about being in a YouTube video, I'm willing to do anything short or sucking Pole to be in one. I've literally begged bangkok112 to be in one of his vids, or some other vloggers. But sadly, they never take me up on their offer.  I'm not kidding, seriously. And this is with my job canning me if they found out, even after 15+ years of loyalty to them. But honestly, if they did can me, I'd say fuck it. I just earned myself a 3 month vacation to patts, or turned it into a permanent move. 

Dude, you're overthinking it too much. Just go and have fun, and if it happens, just deny it. Even if there's video evidence, KEEP DENYING!!!!!!

You have 3 options. Go and live in fear, find another job, or go in another life time. 

As they say in Thailand, "Up to you."

Heart Sink

Fucking hell it must be miserable to think like this. Life is too short man! Go and live it!

Tarpon

Is it even possible to lose a job just because you're walking the streets of Pattaya?

Ru4Real

Yes.

KentuckyWildcat
Just now, Taa_Saparot said:

What a jerk! Everyone down-vote this guy.

BlooBell

Given the seriousness of your concerns I doubt there’s anything that can be said that’s going to give you full reassurance. 

As for suggestions.... Avoiding WS reduces the risk by about 80%. Stick to lower profile areas e.g. Soi MIT, 7 and 8.... very few videos on youtube of these Sois nowadays. Stick to enclosed establishments. Travel separately to your hotel with barfines on motorcycle taxis. Wear a cap. Don’t drink too much and get sloppy, lowering your guard. 

I’m not sure there’s much more you can do.

nzwolfgang
2 hours ago, KentuckyWildcat said:

What a jerk! Everyone down-vote this guy.

Downvoting does nothing.  Watching clips just add to their popularity and promotion on YouTube. 

Essexman1961
5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Just weird as it is also so dull.

VeryScary

Go out early. Most of the videos seem to be filmed late at night, like around midnight.