Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Messi1743

Getting to Bkk for 840am flight

Messi1743

Last time I did am overnight in Bangkok the night before but felt I wasted a night as I like Pattaya more. I am worried if I am partying I'm Pattaya to leave Pattaya at like 5am might not such a bad idea but it's long connection flight via Singapore to go Angeles city

petehoax

Do you have a question? 

kash buc

Hard to decipher your question. But a 8:40 flight from BKK. Would mean leave Pattaya around 5:00AM

Messi1743

Yes flight leaves bkk at 840am. Normally I would go to Bangkok from the night before.  How long would a taxi take me at 5am 

renovator

1.5 hrs more or less

Rocketboy
7 minutes ago, renovator said:

1.5 hrs more or less

And especially at that 0500 time.

Messi1743

Damm I thought at that time it would be an hour 

Poontwang

It could be an hour if your driver does 140kph. 

Daz Manc
Posted (edited)

At 5am, it will take a taxi 1hr 40min to Swampy from Pattaya

So leaving at 5am is perfect for a 8.40am flight

Just don't get too drunk or you may leave too late, also they may not let you on the flight

Knowing how things always work out in Pattaya, about 4am you will be in Insomnia and the most gorgeous girl you ever saw will come up to you and ask you to take her for the night.

Ha Ha Ha what would you do ???

Edited by Daz Manc

Zeb
1 hour ago, Messi1743 said:

Yes flight leaves bkk at 840am. Normally I would go to Bangkok from the night before.  How long would a taxi take me at 5am 

Personally I'd stay in Bangkok overnight, maybe a hotel near the airport. Have the day & evening in Bangkok etc but get a reasonably early night.

But - Up to you.

Luv2Phuket

I have an 8:05 am flight in early December, so I am spending my last couple of nights in Bangkok.

I like to get to the airport early, and leaving Pattaya at 4 or 4:30 am didn’t sound so good.

I’ll still leave absurdly early, but I figure I have about a 45 min drive from my hotel in Bangkok (close to Terminal 21), as opposed to 1:30 to 1:45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per anum
7 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I like to get to the airport early, and leaving Pattaya at 4 or 4:30 am didn’t sound so good.

Exactly.......drivers can be hungover, drunk or just plain sleepy........better you spend a night in BKK rather than ending up on a slab in South East Asia. 

Gunnar_G

When I have a flight from BKK I like to have some spare time so I would have left Pattaya at 04:30 and spend the extra time getting some breakfast in a lounge. If you spend the last night in Bangkok you still have to get up early and don’t gain much in my opinion.

mmaaarrrkkk

just  couple of hops , even if you miss it  there's always another cheap flight. SIN to AC is NOT a long flight

striderman
15 minutes ago, Messi1743 said:

Damm I thought at that time it would be an hour 

it will be longer than that.  i've done plenty of early flights but i always allow at least 1.5 hrs even at that time of day. the drive can be done in about 1hr 15 min but you can't be certain of that. any less than as stated the driver is really going too fast for comfort

Tarpon

I went home a week ago, my flight took off at 8.55AM. Stayed at Dynasty Inn just next to Nana Plaza. I woke up at 05.30 AM, grabbed a taxi outside Nana Plaza at 06.00AM and arrived at BKK at 06.30 AM. 500 baht. Easy.

robert6996
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I have an 8:05 am flight in early December, so I am spending my last couple of nights in Bangkok.

I’ll still leave absurdly early, but I figure I have about a 45 min drive from my hotel in Bangkok (close to Terminal 21), as opposed to 1:30 to 1:45.

Why don't you just take the BTS to the ARL. The ARL goes to the airport.

I did this last year and it was fast and cheap, you don't have to worry about traffic/accidents slowing you down. I think the whole trip cost less than 135 Bahts.

I stayed at the Adelphi Suites on Soi 8, not too far from terminal 21.

P.S after thinking about it, I think the total cost was less than 90 bahts.

Edited by robert6996
P.S added

glassmanengland

A few extra hours in bed is more important to me than saving a few hundred BAHT by flying that time of day.

Tarpon
55 minutes ago, robert6996 said:

Why don't you just take the BTS to the ARL. The ARL goes to the airport.

I did this last year and it was fast and cheap, you don't have to worry about traffic/accidents slowing you down. I think the whole trip cost less than 135 Bahts.

I stayed at the Adelphi Suites on Soi 8, not too far from terminal 21.

P.S after thinking about it, I think the total cost was less than 90 bahts.

ARL starts operating at 06.00AM.

fourrings
Posted (edited)

On my first trip I had a 9:20am flight, BM Velcro was giving me a ride and wanted to leave at 6am.  Ok not a problem, get a cutie early and just hit the sack by 11 or so.

Wait, problem.  That last night there is an Xlanic bar crawl that I want to attend.  

Solution.. let’s just not go to bed. Went out with Aj and the gang, hit 7 different places, picked up a ST from Baccara at around midnight for a couple hours then at 4am I had a lady I had previously been with scheduled to stop by. Finished at 5:30, showered and she helped me pack.

Perfect. 

Edited by fourrings

XOL123
10 hours ago, Poontwang said:

It could be an hour if your driver does 140kph. 

been there, done that and on a rainy night:WhoSaw1:

Essexman1961
9 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stay at Soi 11 BKk and even around 9.00 get to Swampy in 45 minutes by taxi.

Ru4Real

My flight for the past 10 or so trips has been at 0810, taxi booked for 0500 normally running late so leave between 0520 and 0530 ... and still catch the damn flight no problem :(

K...
11 hours ago, Daz Manc said:

Knowing how things always work out in Pattaya, about 4am you will be in Insomnia and the most gorgeous girl you ever saw will come up to you and ask you to take her for the night.

Ha Ha Ha what would you do ???

I've intentionally missed at least 3 flights when in this exact scenario before haha. 

pumbaas

you need to leave pattaya in a taxi at 5am ,as to be at the airport by 6:30am for an 8:30am flight call Mr. T at 66-38-720318

or e-mail at >>>>mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com  Pattaya to airport 1,100tb or airport to pattaya 1,100tb always on time never a problem .