malibu51

What's the point of going to a Gogo Bar Now ?

think8787
7 hours ago, petehoax said:

of course you can disagree. but i really don't see why you would.

some people want big tits and a large ass. some people want as skinny as possible. some people like girls that look as natural as possible, others prefer them with very heavy make-up and styled over the top. Some people love tattoos, some people hate them. And even if we remove most of these aspects: Different people just like different girls. (And this is even without talking about the fact that different cultures have historically different beauty ideals). 

two examples: Anlisa & Su, both are TBM girls, both are treated by many here as absolute super stars / extremely hot. I don't think they look especially good. I mean, i can understand that people find them attractive, but it's just nothing for me. Especially Su REALLY doesn't appeal to me at all.

Dg2nMnuUYAERMkB.jpg  42261156_2917603901586701_8742343147176067072_n.jpg

Now take someone like Linly. Also a TBM girl. But man, for me, she's just absolutely amazing: 

42702421_2929417957071962_6780187213444415488_n.jpg

For me, without a question, Linly looks absolutely much better than the other two. I think she's much hotter / more sexy etc... But i understand that not everyone here will agree with me. 

Your 2nd point is without a doubt true, but that has imho nothing to do with my point. (a 3rd point is that everyone has a different 0-10 scale anyway. Some guys will say that a 10 will never exist because she would be perfect. Other guys think that they see five 10s a day in pattaya).

I think your post also shows how the girls are dressed and do there hair and make up for the day hugely impacts there number. Both the first two girls can look so different picture to picture. Su_mini40, su's Instagram, her looks are all over the place at times. 

In the picture you liked, at first glance I thought the girl in the pink smaller picture was another girl lol. She looks way hotter to me in the pink Pic. And with her hair flowing like that it makes her whole face look different.

Your spot on about how different people view beauty but id add that in relation to the topic at hand gogos in general have girls that the majority of the people who go to patts would consider the more attractive. There in lies why people still go. For most people it's still the nest option for finding girls top tier that have the largest mass appeal.

Looking forward to adding another TBM girl to my BFs though next month :D

Kickoff
2 hours ago, think8787 said:

That's how my few bad experiences have been as well. You really don't know how she will be outside the bar until it's too late. Some of the ones that are over the top doing sexy shit in the bar turn into saints outside, some that are all over you and so into you clam up later in the night. Doesn't happen much but her acting into you is no guarantee of what's to come.

At least based on my experience, this isn't the norm which is a relief. Usually a good repore will lead to good results. And when a starfish happens, at least it's rare.

vimto66
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, think8787 said:

That's how my few bad experiences have been as well. You really don't know how she will be outside the bar until it's too late. Some of the ones that are over the top doing sexy shit in the bar turn into saints outside, some that are all over you and so into you clam up later in the night. Doesn't happen much but her acting into you is no guarantee of what's to come.

Correct, i BF`d a girl from SWhowgirls who danced bollock naked on stage, and did the lesbian show etc... and not shy when sitting with me, once outside she was a real sweetheart and as far from her stage persona as possible, very quiet and demure but not in a miserable way, just the way you`d like a GF to conduct herself.In fact she wasnt one for doing the bars, quite happy to get something to eat and maybe a drink somewhere before going to my room, if one was wanting to LLT a girl she would fit the bill, although the gogo BF and LLT rate would have to be negotiated.....i ended up BF`ing her twice.

IMG_0583.thumb.JPG.23048c94d8e93fe99fe4185382afcdeb.JPGIMG_0589.thumb.JPG.a9deebb9f3685b753f865bcdc56d0ee2.JPG

Edited by vimto66

kramer_456
16 hours ago, petehoax said:

of course you can disagree. but i really don't see why you would.

some people want big tits and a large ass. some people want as skinny as possible. some people like girls that look as natural as possible, others prefer them with very heavy make-up and styled over the top. Some people love tattoos, some people hate them. And even if we remove most of these aspects: Different people just like different girls. (And this is even without talking about the fact that different cultures have historically different beauty ideals). 

two examples: Anlisa & Su, both are TBM girls, both are treated by many here as absolute super stars / extremely hot. I don't think they look especially good. I mean, i can understand that people find them attractive, but it's just nothing for me. Especially Su REALLY doesn't appeal to me at all.

Dg2nMnuUYAERMkB.jpg  42261156_2917603901586701_8742343147176067072_n.jpg

Now take someone like Linly. Also a TBM girl. But man, for me, she's just absolutely amazing: 

42702421_2929417957071962_6780187213444415488_n.jpg

For me, without a question, Linly looks absolutely much better than the other two. I think she's much hotter / more sexy etc... But i understand that not everyone here will agree with me. 

Your 2nd point is without a doubt true, but that has imho nothing to do with my point. (a 3rd point is that everyone has a different 0-10 scale anyway. Some guys will say that a 10 will never exist because she would be perfect. Other guys think that they see five 10s a day in pattaya).

Me and my mate used to have beers every Friday for 10 years, and perve at all the hot girls walking past. We could NEVER agree on who was hot. His girls were too fat for me. My girls were too skinny for him. No girl is hot for every guy. The variance in taste is massive from guy to guy.

Expectations and prices in GG's are no doubt an issue now. But if you have half a brain you can still find SO much value in Pattaya. Was in Therme for the first time last year and had the best time with super hot girls despite all the bullshit about them only going with Asian guys. Had a lot of fun and found good value in most Nightwish bars last time I was in Patts as well. So have no idea what the OP is talking about.

Leglessfish

I enjoy the Gogo bars. One or two nights I’ll just go on a crawl where I get steaming drunk and I have a whale of a time with the girls.....might spend 8K + but I’m on holiday and you don’t get this interaction back home

vimto66
27 minutes ago, Leglessfish said:

I enjoy the Gogo bars. One or two nights I’ll just go on a crawl where I get steaming drunk and I have a whale of a time with the girls.....might spend 8K + but I’m on holiday and you don’t get this interaction back home

Agree, i`ve mentioned before some of my best nights are where i`ve done just this, keep the LD`s flowing and the girls will have you`re attention, great fun!

Back home im invisible to fit girls of the same age.

SteveB
45 minutes ago, Leglessfish said:

At £214.00, I hope that means you have a LT included.:D:o

eXplosief
17 minutes ago, SteveB said:

At £214.00, I hope that means you have a LT included.:D:o

Why?

Some people can have a good time without a penetration. :D

Somchai1
On 08/08/2019 at 20:58, Cerby666 said:

Living in the UK I have sampled that particular abomination a few times :) 

I drink Guinness very rarely in the UK as my local in London doesn’t do a great pint...... I am in Ireland frequently and prefer my Guinness traditional temperature, never got on with the extra cold One which was a marketing tool to sell more Guinness in the summer. Liking the Hop House 13 from Guinness mind you.......

Somchai1

.......and as far as go go’s are concerned I still visit for a beer and a look when in BKK,  normally Nana or Cowboy, don’t do Patpong......not been to Patts since 2014 when I went to visit my son

malibu51

Looks like you sad blokes in England have a hefty draw due to the falling pound.  Still like you around when Im in Thailand.  Look me up and I will buy you a pint.

Rocketboy
Posted (edited)
On 10/08/2019 at 03:15, George1234 said:
On 10/08/2019 at 02:01, Shilo said:

In your opinion you are lucky to live in Pattaya, it would be my idea of hell. Many people, including myself, are bored shitless after a few weeks in Pattaya. Many people are excited to arrive, party for a few weeks and then glad to get out of the place. 

In my opinion I'm fortunate to live here and it's definitely not my idea of hell!

There may be people as you described, yourself included, but not any of my many friends who come here feel that way. And I never felt that way or was ever bored when coming here for almost 10 years, three times a year for up to a month's stay. Matter of fact I never wanted to leave.

Been living here since last October and have not been bored one day. Living here and once I settled in my life hasn't necessarily revolved around fucking as many girls as I can, drinking (though I don't) and partying every day/night like when I was on holiday.

I have other interests such as traveling around this country which I have lately been doing once a month. I also work out, meet with my friends, chill out at home. I get on my motorbike ride around and discover areas in Pattaya I had no interest in seeing while on holiday. I don't find any of that boring!

Of all my friends, a few who have lived here over 15 years....I've never once heard one of them say they are/have been bored living here and want to go back to their countries!

Edited by Rocketboy

bukone
On 09/08/2019 at 01:12, LeoTex said:

Based on the OP title of the thread, my point on going a gogo bar now is to view sexy looking girls scantly dressed and buy an overprice drink.

Not sure what the OP second posting about the NightWish Groups has to do the gogo's.

LeoTex

It always has been the case of going to a gogo for a perv and the odd bar fine with overpriced drinks 555

i think what the op means is the bars on Soi 6 now, well majority of them including Night Wish Group are now bars aimed at making money from drinks as well as st and lt

where as in the 90s they were sliding doors with curtains, a bit more dingy places where you walked in got molested by a girl and went upstairs.

i suppose it’s still the same if that’s what you want to use them for, but girls are more hungry for drinks these days, whereas years ago they wanted you upstairs emptying your balls then onto the next guy.

bukone
On 09/08/2019 at 04:35, kash buc said:

More sad laments from the left behind Pattaya old timers. Our time has come and gone and we can no longer afford the new Pattaya 

It doesn’t matter if its Pattaya or my old Holden hj panel van I loved so much, the older you get the more you appreciate how things were.

i will tell something that has improved for the better, the food and hygiene of keeping food fresh, the amount of times I was ill from eating food in Pattaya and Thailand was ridiculous, lomotil was like a Visa card, don’t leave home without it.

cytolliver
Posted (edited)
On 09/08/2019 at 18:18, Kickoff said:

Actually you don't get it. How they get their money isn't really salient to the conversation. Many of these Asians make up a growing middle class in Korea and an already existing middle class in Japan. If their company covers their expenses, then so be it. To not expect inflation over time if a place becomes more popular is rather naive. I don't see them as competition as I have a high salary and don't care how much is in the pockets of the person next to me. That's a toxic mentality to have. If your perception is calling out a couple ethnicities and having to "compete" with them, that is your issue. 

No, its not ethnicity it is using my money vs a culture where the company they work for pays for their pussy and booze.  With a blank check, they dont even care what the price is.  If it was money they earned, you can bet the tables would turn.  This creates hyper inflation not congruant with reality.  I dont make a salary, I have my own business as an attorney and do quite well.  It isnt about price, it is about value.   If you want to waste your money, up to you.

Edited by cytolliver

wickedd
1 hour ago, cytolliver said:

No, its not ethnicity it is using my money vs a culture where the company they work for pays for their pussy and booze.  With a blank check, they dont even care what the price is.  If it was money they earned, you can bet the tables would turn.  This creates hyper inflation not congruant with reality.  I dont make a salary, I have my own business as an attorney and do quite well.  It isnt about price, it is about value.   If you want to waste your money, up to you.

We definitely need to add this to our culture lol

J.D.Be.
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, wickedd said:

We definitely need to add this to our culture lol

We just erased it from our culture. Taking a customer or top perfoming employee out for a fun night was often part off doing business till about 10 years ago...

Edited by J.D.Be.
typo

malibu51

Of all the expats that I knew ten years ago living in Thailand, ALL of them have left.  The reasons for leaving go something like this, I don't like the changes coming, or the dismal way expats are treated by thais, or the expense is out of hand, or the attitudes have changed, not for the better, or the level of talent has fallen precipitously, or the law favors a thai over a falong, no matter what, or that health care is outrageously expensive, or the take over of the Red Light districts by families, or that beach road has been made into a family friendly location, or the girls from the provinces no longer come by the busload, or that the Soi 6 is now a sterile experience, or fatties have take over the bulk of the bars, etc. 

This is not just waxing lyrical with the past, this is a statement of facts.  Yes, for the uninitiated, those who only started to come recently, Thailand can still be an amazing place.  Its just for us, that knew

the life as it used to be, its kind of sad. 

Stillearly
13 minutes ago, malibu51 said:

Of all the expats that I knew ten years ago living in Thailand, ALL of them have left.  The reasons for leaving go something like this, I don't like the changes coming, or the dismal way expats are treated by thais, or the expense is out of hand, or the attitudes have changed, not for the better, or the level of talent has fallen precipitously, or the law favors a thai over a falong, no matter what, or that health care is outrageously expensive, or the take over of the Red Light districts by families, or that beach road has been made into a family friendly location, or the girls from the provinces no longer come by the busload, or that the Soi 6 is now a sterile experience, or fatties have take over the bulk of the bars, etc. 

This is not just waxing lyrical with the past, this is a statement of facts.  Yes, for the uninitiated, those who only started to come recently, Thailand can still be an amazing place.  Its just for us, that knew

None of what you have posted are facts , just opinions 

NINGNING
3 hours ago, J.D.Be. said:

We just erased it from our culture. Taking a customer or top perfoming employee out for a fun night was often part off doing business till about 10 years ago...

True ... and sad. Also incentive trips are now a thing of the past. The so-called political correctness is creeping into every part of society and culture.

sulu
48 minutes ago, malibu51 said:

What's kind of sad is that this sounds like a list of (mostly) bullshit.

I'm not an ex-pat but definitely thought about it and was going to do it a little over 3 years ago. My stated excuse for going back home was that, my 2 unsuccessful attempts to get the retirement visa, turned into 2 snafus & I got pissed. That was kinda sorta true but fact is, I was actually somewhat relieved to go home as I was bored out of my mind.

However, that said, I've been to Patts for a total of about 22 months. Granted I have not spent any significant time "living" outside of Patts so I have no idea what it'd be like in more rural areas.

"I don't like changes coming" ????? What ? Changes don't happen back home ? Give me a break. LMAO

"dismal way ex-pats are treated". Never once saw that. And attitudes changing ? Damn straight. EVERYTHING changes.

"level of talent" ??? Ex-pats ? Ex-pats retiring have libidos that are declining by the day. The "talent" is the least of their worries. Now "ex-pats" who are a lot younger ? At least that could be a reason but the thought that there's not enough talent, even for a guy with an overactive libido, to ME, is laughable.

Beach Rd, Soi 6, "fatties", etc. ? Group that under "level of talent". If you're an ex-pat and living in Thailand you're hardly going to worry about that shit. The longer you stay the older you get and the less pussy you chase.

"law favors the Thai" ? THAT is a reason to go home ? Don't get into a fight !!! LMAO

"Health care expense" ? $200/mth for a basic policy ? Try getting THAT in the USA.

I think the ex-pats you knew were basically "having you on" (<---- did I get that Brit expression right ? LOL)

Boyan Bobcat
Posted (edited)

When I first went to Patts back in 2006, I went to a WS gogo, I think it was called Tiger Shark (or something to that effect) because I saw the girls dancing in the window upstairs. Needless to say, I had a miserable time inside the gogo...sitting at a table, nothing happening basically. I don't even remember if I bought any LDs. I left and went to the club. And my subsequent trips to Patts, dear I say that I never went to gogos, never thought about going to gogos, etc. Fast forward to 2019 (my 8th time to Patts, my 13th time to LOS), my first time staying in the LK Metro area, I met a BM and he took me to 1 of his favorite gogos, Pulse, 2 times and then I on my own once more. Now I didn't bf anyone but the two ladies who attached onto me from my entry(same ladies each visit) until my departure made my time there completely wonderful and I didn't care about the 10K I spent during my visits. Of course, stupid me, forgot names so I doubt the same ladies will be there when I return but if they are I am sure they will remember me probably because of the tips they got just for sitting there. You see, I really wasn't in a mongering mood during my last visit to Patts, health issues (diabetes - blood sugar levels were 'unstable') kept me from fully enjoying the fruits of my visit.

My whole point is that maybe there are some dead fish gogos (like the first one I went to in 2006)...but then there are others (like Pulse in 2019) that are completely worth every baht spent. You never know. That's why I like LOS because each time is a different adventure. So yes there is a point because there are many other BMs that enjoy the entertainment value they truly do offer.

Edited by Boyan Bobcat
clarifying / correcting incomplete sentences

malibu51

We all have different responses to the same stimulus.  So some see no real issues with the changes in Thailand, and others are completely repulsed. Given that, I have reflected on my own experiences and people I have known who either traveled with me, or I met while there.  I am glad that some vestige of what was remains, but it is undeniable that much of what was, is gone. The passage of time, and my own aging, makes the changes less important as well, as soon, I will no longer make the effort to travel.  It is good to see how others view the experience, and, in turn, make recommendations to improve others experience.

bgtp
7 hours ago, sulu said:

What's kind of sad is that this sounds like a list of (mostly) bullshit ....

Doesn’t sound like bullshit to me in the least. I had dinner with a good friend the other night who has been living in Bangkok the past 20 years. He said that if it wasn’t for his Thai girlfriend of more than 10 years, he would have left already. The reasons he gave were some of the items mentioned in the post you think is bullshit. Other ex-pats who are friends of ours have already moved on for some of these reasons. In other words, some ex-pats I’ve known personally for decades agree with the post and they aren’t ‘having me on’. Also, the ‘try getting THAT in the USA’ argument means little. There are plenty of other options to Thailand in the world besides the USA.

I can also appreciate the fact that others love living here. We’re not all the same. I’m still a happy visitor and even enjoyed myself in a gogo a few nights ago. I just know I wouldn’t want to live here.