malibu51

What's the point of going to a Gogo Bar Now ?

BlooBell

The increase in expense and deterioration of service in the gogos doesn't really affect me, I'm a relative new comer to Pattaya (last 5 years) and I've always preferred the beer bar scene. I do like to visit gogos for a bit of fun and a perv at the girls and I occasionally bar fine (maybe twice each trip) but the loud music, often cramped feel isn't for me.

That said, I do get why some blokes bemoan what's happened and something I have observed is that in gogos, more than anywhere else in Pattaya, I feel like I'm merely an obstacle between my wallet and the bin. Regardless of how flush I am, that is not how I want to be made to feel. Sadly, it's a trait that is creeping in to other parts of Pattaya as it feels more and more commercially driven.

Luckily, I have a good stable of regulars, a list of bars where I'm known and looked after and can still find girls in BBs who look the business, fuck like bunnies and don't make me feel like I'm an ATM.

Asianpoptart

At least many of you seem to have experienced the golden days.  My first trip in November and I can live with the prices because I will never get this experience back home.  I can see myself 10 years from now starting a post saying damn I wish there were still Gogo bars, I remember the LDs use to be 200baht but now I just log into my iPad, pick a girl and she’ll meet me at the bar next to my hotel room.

At my work I hear people always saying they wish interest rates were back in the 10+% range.  I just look at them and say, yeah I wish I could buy a house for 1/20th if the cost today too.  Can’t buy back time, just gotta enjoy what we have until it’s gone.

kash buc

The old days in Pattaya weren’t any better just more affordable 

deano4598
15 hours ago, malibu51 said:

Phooy on the NightWish Group for making what used to be amazing, now a sterile experience !  Just try their  places and see if you agree !

Still waiting for OP on this one, two other BMs have also expressed ??? on this post. So @malibu51, care to explain what this has to do with the NW group?

Chicagoarc

What’s the purpose? 

To put it simply, fun! It’s the same reason I visit a beer bar when there. Or a soapie. The same reasons I can’t wait to go back. It’s a vacation for me that will give me many happy memories for about 6 months, then drive me insane until I can buy a ticket back. And I’ve only made it there 3 times so far. Hoping for a couple more good weeks of work ahead, and no disaster that would I would have to sink my savings into. So I can go back and have FUN. Is it more expensive now than it was 15 years ago? Certainly. You know what else is more expensive now than 15 years ago? Pizza, gas, movie tickets, books, hotel rooms, or basically anything you can think of.

I was not able to have your experiences, and I do really wish I could have. I don’t think that the places have changed as much as you think. This last trip I had my best experience with a go go girl I’ve ever had (yet I hope), AND an incredibly memorable few days with a bar girl a few nights later. My one trip to the Soapie this past trip was terrible, so I skipped trying it again the rest of the trip. But you bet your ass I’ll hit one up again this coming February if things go to plan. Because it’s FUN. And, sadly, I can’t do that sort of thing here. Time distorts all things. Sometimes for the better, and others less so. The point is to go and see (and sneak a squeeze, steal a kiss, etc). As far as the money thing goes, I find I rarely regret spending it compared to the amount of times where I’d think, “dang, I missed an opportunity there”. It’s not a perfect mindset, but it works for me.

That said, please don’t stop with the stories from days gone past. I actually do enjoy them. They supply me with some perspective and a level I hope to attain on my next trip. Sorry this got long. 

bgtp
18 minutes ago, kash buc said:

The old days in Pattaya weren’t any better just more affordable 

I disagree, at least with respect to what were the old days for me (15-20 years ago). If the only difference was price, I’d be thrilled. In fact, Pattaya is just as affordable for me now as back then as my means have increased over time.

Of course, it’s pointless to expect things not to change. Whether people find things better, worse or about the same is up to personal tastes and preferences. That being said, everyone I know personally who has been coming for as long as I have, share my opinion that even irrespective of price increases, the whoremongering in Pattaya was much better in our ‘old days’.

If people think my objective opinion is complaining, that’s their problem. If you’ve been coming for as long as me and feel differently, that’s fine. We have a different opinion. But many who’ve only been coming more recently will disagree with me. How can I respect their opinions when they don’t have an actual basis for comparison. Still, it’s not all bad. I’m in the middle of trip right now and enjoying myself. Heading over to Soi Honey soon for some afternoon fun.

THAJEC

Yes, it was 1996, and it was a beautiful memory to this year, when the Patts postcard was drawn with completely different parameters than it is unfortunately at present.
Like those who have experienced this beautiful time with their own eyes, I already know that this time will never come back, but it will remain in my memory and my mind forever.
Pattaya can still be enjoyed, but this unforgettable charm that has been lost for more than 20 years ago.
Yet, above all, I keep coming back and trying to find something that keeps me close to my memories to enjoy Patts. It's increasingly difficult, but that's the reality.

think8787

The people who make these posts seem like genuine "pattaya addicts", constantly chasing that first high.

Sorry to say but like any other drug or addiction it's never the same as the first time and it's never going to be as good as you remember it to be. If you keep chasing that old experience your going to miss out on all the great times you could be having.

I envy those of you who were around back then, you have incredible memories I'll never have. And yet at times I pity those who have same said memories because it traps you In the past preventing you from enjoying the now. 

cytolliver
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Shrapple said:

What's the point of going to gogos now? 

From Reading the forum; if you weren't part of the supposed pattaya Hay day, there is no point as it's moved on from what you have described, and will most likely never go back. Which we can accept and keep going or we can keep whining and keep generating threads for  all to Jack off too and reminisce over the good old days. 

Now as someone whos first trip to pattaya was 2017,and have been 5 times since with a 3 week trip coming up in September. I would think the point of going is 3 fold:

1.they are still where all the best looking girls congregate. Although only in limited few gogos:saphire, skyfall, Palace, imagine etc (these are where I mainly barfine from). I agree some gogos I see absolutely nothing in, and just walked straight out off 

2.they are good for predrinks before hitting up ibar or other clubs, I like the layout of saphire and spend alot of time in there. 

3. Even though the likes of skyfall is 5k plus 2k barfine(pre midnight), plus maybe 1k in lady drinks and for yourself. 8k baht is a hell of alot cheaper than what I can get back home for a lady of that standard all night and usually all afternoon. 

I still love pattaya for what it is, reading these posts makes me glad I wasn't there 10 years ago, as  I would hate to spend my trips complaining:' I remember when'.

5 weeks this Saturday until touch down and I can't wait. 

Not when you factor in price of hotel and flight.   The OP was actually underpaying girls if he was talking about 15 years ago or so.  No hot gogo girl would take 800 ST then and 500 LT means he was banging lower tier girls or living in Thailand and getting girls when they were desperate.

There was a time though where barfines were cheap so the sting of 1,500ST and 2-2,500LT wasnt so bad at all.  Great value actually with bars like Happy, Peppermint, SUperbaby and SUpergirl.   Sure, some of the smaller gogos you could get much cheaper and find diamonds in the rough also.  Beer bars had tons of hot girls, Soi 6 had a a ton of FOBs who wanted to stay with you the entire trip.   

Now, gogo bar barfines are just ridiculous and the agencies and mamasans have all the power and train girls to accept 3,000ST and refuse LT to go along with a 1,500 barfine and shot glass LDs.   Basically one ST and an hour of drinking with LDs and you are looking at $200US all in.  Now what most guys dont factor in is the cost to get there and the time needed to take off from your profession or job.   I think you see a lot older women with degrading silicone tits and stretch marks than you did before at most gogos, including Baccara.   There are about 4-5 gogos with tons of stunners but they have the attention of thousands of Asian mongers every night so the competition is fierce.

Soi 6 no longer has FOBs.  A ton of overworked 5's and 6's.  Beer bars used to be the honey hole for finding beautiful FOBs that didnt want to work in a gogo bar.  Now they get bonus' paid by agencies and they are recruited way before even setting foot in a beer bar.  The talent at beer bars are atrocious now.

Edited by cytolliver

bgtp
21 minutes ago, think8787 said:

The people who make these posts seem like genuine "pattaya addicts", constantly chasing that first high.

Sorry to say but like any other drug or addiction it's never the same as the first time and it's never going to be as good as you remember it to be. If you keep chasing that old experience your going to miss out on all the great times you could be having.

I envy those of you who were around back then, you have incredible memories I'll never have. And yet at times I pity those who have same said memories because it traps you In the past preventing you from enjoying the now. 

This just sounds like another person trying to rationalize why I might think Pattaya was better in the past for any other reason other than Pattaya was actually better in the past, for me at least. It’s nothing like a drug addiction. Sure a drug addict might never experience the first rush again and a tolerance to the drug will build over time, but the drug itself doesn’t change. Pattaya has changed and will continue to change. Why not just accept the simple fact that as things have changed over the years, some may have enjoyed one particular period of time over another? Shouldn’t be that difficult. Btw, you are right that I have some great memories, but you are wrong if you think they are preventing me from enjoying myself now.

think8787
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bgtp said:

This just sounds like another person trying to rationalize why I might think Pattaya was better in the past for any other reason other than Pattaya was actually better in the past, for me at least. It’s nothing like a drug addiction. Sure a drug addict might never experience the first rush again and a tolerance to the drug will build over time, but the drug itself doesn’t change. Pattaya has changed and will continue to change. Why not just accept the simple fact that as things have changed over the years, some may have enjoyed one particular period of time over another? Shouldn’t be that difficult. Btw, you are right that I have some great memories, but you are wrong if you think they are preventing me from enjoying myself now.

You seem to have a very rational outlook, so you wouldn't at all be the type I was referring to anyway. Pattaya has changed, no doubt about it. It's changed even in the years I've been going.

The part I highlighted was pretty much the same feeling I have. The problem is people keep moaning and moaning about the past in post after post topic after topic.

Pattaya has been great in the past and to me it's still great now just different. Basically I agree with you but I still stand by the fact that many people don't see it as clear and definitely live in the past. 

My first trip was 2008 so I caught a little of the more recent "old days" and I love those memories. But I don't dwell on them. I keep enjoying the place every time I can changes or not. 

Edited by think8787

FarangKiNok

Hate for the Nippon a? I like the Nippons, they are nice guys. 

chris2004

Yes the a  gogos are pointless now in terms of getting a girl. I still go quite often for a drink and to ogle but i never buy LDs and would never barfine. The a gogs used to have great shows and would be really worth a visit and to spend some money but that is all gone now. Just a place for a cheap draught beer before looking in TF for my date.

vimto66
Posted (edited)

Recent trip i told myself i`d not spend as much time  in the gogo`s, but i just cant help myself, just cant resist them.I still came home well under budget and had a blast, often not barfining but spending plenty on LD`s. In fact some of the best nights were  those i dont BF, just drinking and getting `close` with the girls (as long as the LD`s keep coming).In low season two or three LD`s down the line some of the girls are very accommodating!

Edited by vimto66

mrbluesky
17 hours ago, malibu51 said:

With my many pictures of hotties from years long past, the response of my buddies in America has been, Holy Shit !

Care to share a few of these stunners mate?

big shooter
On 08/08/2019 at 07:55, K... said:

I really feel for the guys that are unable to enjoy themselves whilst in Pattaya, too busy moaning to have fun I guess. 

:wink:

Congratulations on a near perfect construction of a straw man. 

This will go over the heads of those who reacted positively to your post but I hold out hope that at least a few will Google "straw man argument" and "logical fallacy" and see this post for what it is.

Kickoff

The gogos still have hot girls and proportionately have more hot girls compared to other areas. Prices have inflated and if your wage/salary hasn't kept up or you're not a high earner, sure you will feel the pinch. But that's no reason to use the Japanese and the bar girls as your scapegoat. The gogos will charge what the market will bear. If you happen to get displaced because of it, it's really on you to find an alternative.

Luv2Phuket
23 hours ago, sulu said:

{sigh} The older I get the better things used to be,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :Laugh1:

The older I get, the better I used to be!  555

21 hours ago, malibu51 said:

As an experiment, show your buddies in the west, either Britain, or Australia, or America pictures of your present conquests in Thailand.  There response typically is, well, they look ok.

With my many pictures of hotties from years long past, the response of my buddies in America has been, Holy Shit ! 

My experience is the opposite.  I look back at photos of the girls from when I first hit Thailand, and they pale in comparison to the ones I have been with recently.  

Shilo

The horse has been beaten to death...the carcass has been picked clean, the skeleton has been withered to dust under the hot sun, and the memories of the truly great rides of the past have faded...

But as so often happens on these threads the one word that is ignored...and I would argue the one word that matters on these threads... is VALUE.

Did I find value 20 yrs ago when I first starting coming to Pattaya...Hell Yes. Am I still able to find value on a daily basis now that I'm retired and been living here for the past 11yrs...again, Hell Yes. Does the Pattaya of today offer the same relative value as the Pattaya of the past...PLEASE...it's not even in the same ballpark. But I'm old school...I started coming here when mongers were mongers and so I have very little in common with today's tourists who try to past themselves off as mongers.

How is it that the expats can still find value in Pattaya. Simple: I don't bother to stop in a bar for a beer unless I'm thirsty. I don't buy ladydrinks for any woman who hasn't already been in my bed in the past...ie; I buy drinks for my friends and not to bribe strangers into giving me the time of day. And I don't pay a "matchmaking" fee (barfine) to pull a lady out of work to go home with me. I'm a grown man and can find my own women without being spoon-fed by mama-sans.

Pattaya still has a lot to offer those who come here with the belief that their time has more value then their money...and for those of us lucky enough to live here 24/7/365...who's money has more value then time...we get along just fine.

cytolliver
1 hour ago, Kickoff said:

The gogos still have hot girls and proportionately have more hot girls compared to other areas. Prices have inflated and if your wage/salary hasn't kept up or you're not a high earner, sure you will feel the pinch. But that's no reason to use the Japanese and the bar girls as your scapegoat. The gogos will charge what the market will bear. If you happen to get displaced because of it, it's really on you to find an alternative.

Japanese and Koreans are usually salary men on the company dime. They also have shorter trips and can make weekend warrior trips. They are at a distinct advantage.

WhiteThai

Price aside, it seems to me that many of the GG girls think their shit don't stink, while the BB girls are more humble. Anybody agree?

happymonkey

My advise is going after 30+ women. Those who are not best looking, and ,definitely, not the ones from WS or LK Metro agogo. 1000-1500 long time. Whoever asks for more - should cause a suspicion. Remember - experience is what you buy, not the looks. Good sex with some 35 years old average looking Thai woman is much much better than a bad sex with 20 y.o. so called "beauty". Bad sex is more than money thrown away. It is something much worse. Remember it.

George1234
54 minutes ago, Shilo said:

I started coming here when mongers were mongers and so I have very little in common with today's tourists who try to past themselves off as mongers.

Do they? I thought people visited Pattaya to enjoy themselves. I couldn’t imagine any of them could give a flying fuck about attaining your self-acclaimed title of a mongers monger. 

55 minutes ago, Shilo said:

for those of us lucky enough to live here 24/7/365

In your opinion you are lucky to live in Pattaya, it would be my idea of hell. Many people, including myself, are bored shitless after a few weeks in Pattaya. Many people are excited to arrive, party for a few weeks and then glad to get out of the place. 

1 hour ago, Shilo said:

I'm a grown man and can find my own women without being spoon-fed by mama-sans.

You are a grown man because you can find your own woman in the whore capital of the world? You do understand that probably isn’t the best evidence of being able to find a woman by yourself? 

George1234
24 minutes ago, happymonkey said:

Remember - experience is what you buy, not the looks.

That is what you are buying, not necessarily what somebody else is buying.  

Looks and under 30 are both necessary (but not sufficient) before I would even think about bar fining a girl. That is a personal preference. 

31 minutes ago, happymonkey said:

Good sex with some 35 years old average looking Thai woman is much much better than a bad sex with 20 y.o. so called "beauty". Bad sex is more than money thrown away. It is something much worse. Remember it.

It is not axiomatic that with youth and beauty follows bad sex. They are not  mutually exclusive at all. Plenty of great looking / younger girls offer a great time and are worth every penny. This has nearly always been my experience. 

happymonkey
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, George1234 said:

That is what you are buying, not necessarily what somebody else is buying.  

Looks and under 30 are both necessary (but not sufficient) before I would even think about bar fining a girl. That is a personal preference. 

It is not axiomatic that with youth and beauty follows bad sex. They are not  mutually exclusive at all. Plenty of great looking / younger girls offer a great time and are worth every penny. This has nearly always been my experience. 

Yes, there was some generalization in my post. You can get a great experience with a young girl too. But, since I am giving an advise - I prefer to use some kind of statistical knowledge. Want a good experience in Pattaya? Better stay away from WS and its young "beauties". 

Also, the subjectivity. I am not able to share my experience with somebody who is a  totally different person than I am. I advise only to people whose basic perceptions of this world are close to those of mine.

Edited by happymonkey