malibu51

What's the point of going to a Gogo Bar Now ?

Cerby666
19 minutes ago, dingbat22 said:

Basically what you now pay £250 for, used to cost £25.... Also the attitude of the girls was so much more of a Genuine fun filled GFE experience compared to what it is today.... Its getting to the point without the GFE that we used to have ,and the cheaper pussy,for some veteran mongers  Pattaya has become somewhat Jaded because it no longer comes close to meeting the expectations of what Pattaya used to be

Perhaps that's where the difference in attitude lies. I only do ST, I just don't see the point of LT, shes not my GF and I don't require the girls to pretend they are.

ST kind of fits in with todays quick fix attitude that permeates all walks and aspects of life. Plus everything everywhere is more expensive than it was ten years ago, that's not going to change so no point in morbidly bemoaning how it used to be. It will only make you miserable lol

Essexman1961

Although I have been going to Thailand for 10 years this year was the first I wet into Go go's.

In brief I found KINK and Windmill good (went to each 4 times in 7 nights and be from each).Based on brief visits Dollhouse was promising and Pandoras was not.

In Bangkok Baccara was reasonable and Afterskool was poor.

The point of going there is touching,kissing and watching even when you don't bar fine.

dingbat22
33 minutes ago, Cerby666 said:

Perhaps that's where the difference in attitude lies. I only do ST, I just don't see the point of LT, shes not my GF and I don't require the girls to pretend they are.

ST kind of fits in with todays quick fix attitude that permeates all walks and aspects of life. Plus everything everywhere is more expensive than it was ten years ago, that's not going to change so no point in morbidly bemoaning how it used to be. It will only make you miserable lol

Dammed easier said than done, the GFE came free with the sex, Today the Pattaya experience is like  drinking a pint of warm Guinness, after only ever having drunk nicely chilled pints of real Guinness.... If you can imagine that ....... can you???

Cerby666
5 minutes ago, dingbat22 said:

Dammed easier said than done, the GFE came free with the sex, Today the Pattaya experience is like  drinking a pint of warm Guinness, after only ever having drunk nicely chilled pints of real Guinness.... If you can imagine that ....... can you???

Living in the UK I have sampled that particular abomination a few times :) 

Crushed

TLDR, if you dont enjoy the places I do on LK Metro up to you.  Walking Street itself isn't for me as my first visit to Thailand was in 2000.  I imagine newcomers still enjoy it.  I enjoy visiting Isaan more than Pattaya these days but everybody is not the same.

Old Scratch
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cerby666 said:

I like it when they pretend to be my GF...but even if I didn't, LT was usually 3 pops for me and more economical anyway.

I am not even an old old timer...but 6 years ago or so, before the 10 day contracts, gogo girls from the top clubs at the time would do LT for 2k plus barfine of like 800ish.

Just saying, there's more reasons to go LT than just GFE.

Edited by Old Scratch

malibu51

I am not lamenting the passage of time.  It was long the intent of the new Military Government, to make Bangkok and Pattaya,  totally a family destination.  I used to wonder as to the many Russian families that walked the Red light districts and bought up all the nearby condos.  The Thai Government no longer wants Western Expats living in Thailand.  They want tourists, period ! 

As an experiment, show your buddies in the west, either Britain, or Australia, or America pictures of your present conquests in Thailand.  There response typically is, well, they look ok.

With my many pictures of hotties from years long past, the response of my buddies in America has been, Holy Shit !  When Larry Flynt heard about Pattaya in the early 70s, he sent a group of his publishers to check it out .  He said, that Pattaya was the last bastion or male exuberance and freedom left in the world . 

There have been several comments that I am living in the past.  I think it matters that mongers that dare go to Bangkok or Pattaya really know the limitations of fulfilling there goals with girls.

I have included two pictures of girls I met on Drinking Street in Pattaya.

DSC00159.JPG

IMG_0295 (2).JPG

malibu51

It bugs me to hell that people saying Im on a rant !  I don't mind them saying Im fucked up, though !

She was blowing up condoms so she would have a big butt and tits.

balloon.png

NorCalKid
6 hours ago, malibu51 said:

Phooy on the NightWish Group for making what used to be amazing, now a sterile experience !  Just try their  places and see if you agree !

The thing I don't get, this post is about the GOGO's which I largely agree with.  Not sure what it has with the NW group who run ST bars on Soi 6 and Chaipoom.  The GOGO's were in decline before the NW group came about.  

Not trying to pick a fight as I do agree with you.  I split my last 2 trips and spent time in the PI and this trip I'm skipping Pattaya all together.  I just don't see what the NW group has to do with the decline of the GOGO's? 

seal

dont forget how the girls use to wai us back then.

now its smart phone in one hand and palm out facing the sky with the other.

thanks for the reminder of how it use to be op..thought I was dreaming it.

dingbat22
1 hour ago, Cerby666 said:

Living in the UK I have sampled that particular abomination a few times :) 

Well its the same feeling for us veteran Pattaya mongers when we see what Pattaya is offering now, compared to what we enjoyed and experienced in the recent years  gone by

Syco
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Komando said:

What goes on today is complete BULLSHIT compared to what Pattaya was 10 years ago. 

It is not even close...

I agree , but in the late 80's early 90's , in the days when smartphones were science fiction .

Now those are the days I really miss ,can't describe how good it was back then. But then again things change , if I'd not sold the flat I owned in central London in 1992 , and held on to it until today ......I'd be a multi millionaire.

Edited by Syco

keepitfun

I’ve had the pleasure of Patts in the 90’s and had a great time, I still get there once or twice a year and still have a great time.  Same same but different.

My circumstances were different then to now, but so were my desires.

when I stop having a good time, I’ll stop going.  Long way from there yet.

pumbaas
8 hours ago, malibu51 said:

So, what is the point of going to a Gogo Bar now.

Up to a few years ago, it used to be that the best talent in Bangkok and Pattaya was in the Gogos on Walking Street.  Every bar had a plethora of happy beauties vying for your attention.

The routine was simple.  Get your 60 baht beer. Sit back in your second row seat and stare at the girl on stage that you liked. Often she would smile back and after her time onstage she would sit down with you.  The test was if she asked for a drink and if not, after a while you would buy her one. That confirmed she was really interested in you.  It was a watered down drink that she would sip.  You could maintain high standards for  chemistry, and not put up with that faked standard stuff. Often she would ask if she could come home with you.  She would act delighted and disappear in the back to change. Yes, her friends would come over and ask for a drink and sometimes you would get one for them because it would be remembered when you would return another time.  You would be told you are Jai Dee, have a good heart. The Bar Fine at most was 400 baht and you would take the girl for a short time, sometimes around 800 baht.  The other girls would give her congratulations with that finger in palm thing.  She held your hand as you walked to your motorbike and held on tight as you winded your way back to the hotel.  There was no hurry up, reo reo, in fact it was take your time, cha cha.  Often she would want to stay the night for a small increase and stay beyond 9 am and their could be real affection.  Often you had a real GF, girl friend, experience.  Going with a hooker in western society offers none of this.

Because the experience was relatively inexpensive, you could do this easily on a budget every other day.  BTW, there was a lot of talent in Beach Road in Pattaya or on Sukhumvit in Bangkok.  There was Thermae, with freelancers that were fresh from the farm.  There were all nude bars in Soi Cowboy.  There were lesbian shows at Mandarin.  There were amazing extravaganzas at Angel Witch.  There were nude dancers in the round at Carousel.  There were amazingly beautiful and fresh girls at Club Boeshe. Hell Club, later Devils Den in Pattaya, had awe inspiring girls that you would take two at a time.  There was a guarantee that you would have an amazing experience and you did !  For 4200 overnight, you had an heavenly GF experience in every way .  The girls were not demanding and it often led to travels outside of Bangkok and Pattaya to Koh Samui or Korat or at least to spend the day in Koh Larn. 

If you were an expat, you would meet girls everywhere and hire them as your geek.  You would have several different girls come to your condo, overnight, during the week for about 500 baht.  Soi 6 had the most talent on one street in the world and the girls were wild !  Soi 2 had Class Room, Soi 7 and Soi 8 had Beer Bars with girls that were actually quite hot !  You could wake up early, at your hotel on Soi 2 and see what talent was leaving at 6:30 am.  And by approaching them, you could often get their number so after their shift ended on Walking Street they would come to your room with no bar fine. Why not just spend time at the bus station seeing what talent is getting off the bus.  Just a little thai, Banai cap , where are you going, and you have a number. Go to Tuk Com in Pattaya, and look for a girl with tattoos, and find out she is a dancer and off you go.  Think that the Coyote Girls are unavailable, with a little effort and you had their number too. There were hotels like the VAULT.  Michael took you into his confidence. IF  you were not having a good time, he would take you out to unknown bars and find you a double in their dressing room.  Then girls know girls.  In the west a fix up is usually a disaster.  Not so in Old Thailand, the cousin, the girl friend, the acquaintance all were cute, somehow. Naglua and Jomtien, although out of the way and undiscovered bars and beer bars that had many diamonds in the rough.  I could go on and on about how good it used to be, really not that long ago.

It used to be the only mistake you could make on a holiday in Thailand was to stay home.  You don't have game ?  Youre not attractive ?  Your not Japanese ?  It didn't matter.  Just get out there and you WILL find what you are looking for !

So, what is on offer, now, in the Land of Smiles ?  I call it False Smiles.

Gogo Bars on Walking Street have minimal talent, a lot of fatties, and poor attitude abounds. If you are anything other than Japanese, you are ignored, unless they can press you into getting a Lady Drink.  Its no longer a watered down drink that they will sip and sit by you.  Now its a shot which they down quickly and press you to get another.  Did you ask how much ?  Now quite expensive and often double your drink.  And your drink is expensive too. You will be pestered non stop by the mamasans, the waitresses, and her friends to buy them a drink as well. BTW, they have no interest in going home with you unless you are Japanese.  They make more money now with lady drinks, in fact the bar prefers they not leave because  of the dearth of talent available.  To press my point about the decline of talent, take a hard look at what guys are settling for in the photo section, compared to what was there a mere three years ago. The amazing bars are gone. No amazing shows anymore either. Thermae girls only notice Asian men The Vault is gone too, You want a Girl Friend experience, better try Thai Friendly or take a Free Lancer. For 4000 to 5000 baht, you now get a plastic experience or a star fish. You might as well stay home for that expense.

Why do the Japanese fare so well ?  Money number one, short dick number two, and  really short time.  I understand the girls point of view, and good for them.  Its just a shame that the best way of getting high end talent with a Girl Friend experience for a reasonable cost in Bangkok or Pattaya, no longer is on offer in the GOGO BARS.

I have been coming to Pattaya for the last 17 years just got back from 1 month in Jomtien everything you said is true so true .The girls make enough money off drinks they don't have to go with anyone unless big ,big money, one young girl in Champagne ask for a drink I said ok but what was the bar fine , 1500tb-2000tb never mind see you later. Oh and  she wanted 3,000tb for ST.

George1234

If you go into GoGos and enjoy them (and plenty of people do) - then that is the point of going into them. 

I enjoy walking from GoGo to GoGo to checkout the different lineups. I happily  buy LDs and enjoy the company of the girls. Large numbers of very good looking girls in the top places, very often difficult to decide who to barfine. Most of the girls are fun and friendly, as are most of the staff. 

I would say I probably prefer the girls now to that of ten years ago. I think they look better and dress better. Your fellow Korean and Japanese stablemates are never any trouble. My best times have been in the last few years. 

I love the ubiquity of smartphones, makes life so much easier. 

I love that feeling when you arrive and the taxi brings you through the side streets and you can sense the energy of the place.  Then heading out at night towards the neon lit GoGos. 

I have no real interest in beer bars unless it is for shisha or a few games of pool. If the GoGos closed down I would never come to Pattaya, so for some of us, there is a point to them. I look forward to walking through their doors in September and November. Times they are a-changin, what a great time to be in Pattaya! 

talung66
10 hours ago, Essexman1961 said:

Seriously; when are these prices from ? 60 baht beer etc?

HR now beers are in that price range.

But yes been a regular since 2000 never had 60 baht beers even back then  so maybe before then.

i remember 80 baht singh at paris and 95 at diamond and the sea and they were on the lower end after HR

per anum

The OP obviously seen better days! Atleast he got to experience it. 

He forgot to mention that after the girl left, he turned on the TV and watched the Regan - Carter Presidential debates. 

Gunnar_G

I agree the prices in the gogos are way to high now compared to 20 years ago but it was expensive back then also compared to the other options.

But there are still plenty of way cheaper and good quality sex to be found in Pattaya at least that satisfy me!

stubby

Agree with the OP about the prices in the gogos so i only buy lady drinks there and then BF from beer bars in MIT,LK metro etc but the OP should go to my fav Sapphire huge beer at 99b and plenty of slim pretty's there.

Jarrod2518
12 hours ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

Can't remember being asked to pay more than 600b in any agogo in nana or patpong for a bar fine

Ok you are spot on, but remember, there have been two world wars since then and more recently a man has landed on the moon.

ausmagoo
13 hours ago, malibu51 said:

Phooy on the NightWish Group for making what used to be amazing, now a sterile experience !  Just try their  places and see if you agree !

What has Nightwish Group got to do with your topic.... the point of going to a gogo bar????

What gogo bar do the Nightwish Group own and operate???

cheers 

youngexpat

I did not have the privilege of going to pattaya for ten years.

so i needed to look on this board to see what going rates were and what the scene was like.

Under no circumstances did i think it would be the same. 

Gogo's are still expensive though. They always were. More fake tits. maybe more tattoos. Oh and I am older now.

jojomecanic

I love gogos. I sit in there, drink one beer, listen to music and look sexy girls dancing.

I refuse any contact with girls there. It's a rest place for me. No LD, no what is your name, blah blah.

Then, I leave and go somewhere else to look for FL for sex.

dingbat22
41 minutes ago, youngexpat said:

I did not have the privilege of going to pattaya for ten years.

so i needed to look on this board to see what going rates were and what the scene was like.

Under no circumstances did i think it would be the same. 

Gogo's are still expensive though. They always were. More fake tits. maybe more tattoos. Oh and I am older now.

Like the rest of us, not as handsome as we once were