Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

Pattaya Freelancer

looking for a 3 wheel loader Motorbike

Pattaya Freelancer
Posted (edited)

Used to see these around sometimes but cant seem to find a place where they would sale them?

What would the price be for one of those....

looking like this but front was more like a regular bike here looking...

image.png.10d389fbdf32ebf63dccb72d79639a8c.png

Edited by Pattaya Freelancer

Exiled

Here in Pattaya use to be a shop on corner of Sukhumvit and Theppasit since have moved not sure where but when it was there I checked it out bike not the same but ran for like 150,000 baht

Garzan

If you wanted to cart one back, that style is made in Udon (and maybe elsewhere). http://www.atipongmotor.com/eng/product/

I bought one of these for my father-in-law with a windshield and driver roof, but the back not covered for I think 65,000 baht if I remember correctly. 

detail.jpg

If was easy to get it configured how I wanted since I ordered it and they built it within a week to my order.. These are also made in Udon at the manufacturing location on Highway 2 just north of Udon.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.4710479,102.7956247,3a,75y,110.09h,66.64t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snkVmPh-YUqBnfiN3nT-sYg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

rope-a-dope

Is that you Del..did you leave it outside the Nags Head perchance?

SteveX08

Ones similar to the OP can be bought in Phang Khon/Sakon Nakhon for around 80,000 as of last month.   We ended up with the typical motorcycle and sidecar instead.

thairak
3 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

Ones similar to the OP can be bought in Phang Khon/Sakon Nakhon for around 80,000 as of last month.   We ended up with the typical motorcycle and sidecar instead.

not being nosey but, what did the combination cost you mate ? I was interested as they are so handy around the village. and market etc

SteveX08
Posted (edited)

Total 50,000

46,000  - brand new Honda Wave 110 (the one with mag wheels) + 4,000 for the sidecar fitted.  We could have got a slightly narrower sidecar for 3,400.   Paid at 11.00am then picked up complete at 5.00 pm.

8BFD95CB-C66E-4DD6-B1C7-48B6DA279E34.jpeg

Edited by SteveX08

Danolo

So, @Garzan, with three wheels, whether it be a trike or a sidecar, steers differently than a motorcycle, right?  With 2 wheels you lean it, with three wheels you steer it.

I'm remembering motorcycle chase scenes from war movies.

Garzan
8 hours ago, Danolo said:

So, @Garzan, with three wheels, whether it be a trike or a sidecar, steers differently than a motorcycle, right?  With 2 wheels you lean it, with three wheels you steer it.

I'm remembering motorcycle chase scenes from war movies.

I've not ridden with a sidecar, but all the feedback I've gotten is turning with a sidecar is a very different experience. I think with the tricycle configuration (rather than the sidecar configuration) the turning is more "normal". With the tricycle the back wheels are equidistant to the left and right of the center-line of the vehicle. With a sidecar you have one wheel way off center-line on one side, and nothing on the other side.

But, overall you're correct, neither "lean" all that well. 

SteveX08

Sidecar (especially the Thai version) is a very different driving experience, especially when turning and braking - doing things slowly is safer.  You have to physically steer, which takes significantly more effort than leaning.  The sidecar wheel can become airborne turning right if you are slightly enthusiastic amongst other idiosyncrasies of driving an ‘outfit’.  That’s sidecar lingo....

Spend thirty minutes in a large open space and you should pick it up.   There’s stuff on Google and YouTube if you’re really interested.

The outfit above should only be driven at a max of about 40-50km/h.   Hence the 110 is sufficient power for those speeds.

dh842
20 hours ago, SteveX08 said:

Total 50,000

46,000  - brand new Honda Wave 110 (the one with mag wheels) + 4,000 for the sidecar fitted.  We could have got a slightly narrower sidecar for 3,400.   Paid at 11.00am then picked up complete at 5.00 pm.

8BFD95CB-C66E-4DD6-B1C7-48B6DA279E34.jpeg

How easy is it to take off and re-attach the sidecar? Just wondering if I could leave the sidecar off and use only as needed?

SteveX08

Dead easy.  Three bolts.  

Your reasoning is why we went the sidecar rather than a tricycle setup.  I plan to install tail lights and indicator on the sidecar so that will add a couple of plugs to be disconnected.

Having said all that,  the sidecar has remained attached since we bought it in early July because it’s so useful.

Gunnar_G

I noticed when I renewed my driving licenses that there is a separate license for tricycles!

I think you will be ok if you mount a sidecar on a bike but who knows, the police love to give fines to farang.

sexy man

youve misread thelicence classes ive had a converted honda click into a trike for 4 years and you only need a m/c licence

class C public vehicle 4 wheels ==taxi licence

class D public vehicle 3 wheels tricycle ==tut tut licence

classG publicvehicle 2 wheels ==m/c taxi

Gunnar_G

That is good to know, I only noticed a poster in the DLT where they listed three different licenses you could apply for, motorbike, tricycle and car. I don’t know more about it than that.