Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

pattaya_bound

Hotels With Monthly Rates?

Recommended Posts

JoseThailand
2 minutes ago, talung66 said:

i have been through this before contact them direct and them tell me the price

Cool, that's a good price then, thanks bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wadman
On 08/08/2019 at 17:04, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Retox on soi Honey did rooms previously...not sure if they still do...anybody know?

This is the sign they have hanging out (photo taken 10 minutes ago). 

IMG_20190813_183211.thumb.jpg.104264878d54820f8fd9e34d02b5ecdf.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wadman

The Sawasdee hotel in soi Honey had these 2 signs out. Anyone spot the Thai logic? 

IMG_20190812_223740.thumb.jpg.ccddaaa16623a1b36dd863b715802725.jpg

IMG_20190812_223724.thumb.jpg.6e29ad2c7cc0926e7457c22cbffe1580.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taylor1975
13 minutes ago, wadman said:

The Sawasdee hotel in soi Honey had these 2 signs out. Anyone spot the Thai logic? 

Monthly won't incude utilities....but weekly will, probably. 

Appreciate it looks daft though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
eXplosief
2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Monthly won't incude utilities....but weekly will, probably. 

Appreciate it looks daft though.

I think he ment that daily is cheaper than weekly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
taylor1975
1 minute ago, eXplosief said:

I think he ment that daily is cheaper than weekly.

Another anomaly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cruman999

Any chance anyone in the area knows if the Sawasdee Sabai in Soi 10 (by the Retox) has a sign up with monthly rates? (and if possible a photo of costs and their email address)

I am over for a month in Oct and planned on booking a single night there then go looking for a place for the month but my OCD is kicking in and wants to book something in advance (I know but I cant help myself I have to have these sorts of things all organised, I just cant seem to wing it as far as accommodation goes)

One other question, when they state monthly rates is that 30 days or 31 days from the start date ( I arrive on the 3rd of Oct)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JoseThailand
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cruman999 said:

One other question, when they state monthly rates is that 30 days or 31 days from the start date ( I arrive on the 3rd of Oct)

It's basically the same day next month minus one. In your case the dates would be Oct 3 - Nov 2. It means that the check out date is Nov 2.

Edited by JoseThailand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geezerrb

buakhao starting at pattaya south to pattaya central rd covered both sides. sawasdee part of chain nicer rooms then one on honey also has pool 15k. do call inn 10k. jollys huge 60+sqm rooms with bathtubs and full amenities 15k, maybe nicest guesthouse room ive ever seen. many many shabby looking options in various bars and above massage shops for as low as 8.5k

Many thanks for a very enlightening post.

I followed up on Jollys and it does look like great value @15k for a month if it includes water and electric but notice maid service is additional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geezerrb
On 12/08/2019 at 00:48, defyodds said:

spent 2 days last week on foot inquiring low season monthly rental at just about every guesthouse/hotel on soi 13xs' ,honey, buakhao, chaiyapoon. i made 0 attempt to haggle/counteroffer, this is what i found.

the 13x's like yamato, post office. almost every place told me 18k, some 15k i was shocked as i pay 18k allin in a luxury unit in pratumnak. i did not go upstairs to look at any rooms from the outside most places looked really shabby and at that price no way.

 honey, retox 12k,  sawasdee xxx(dont remember name part of chain of main around town) 10k. i think 1 guesthouse quoted me 18k, but all the rest were at about 12k, a few at 15k.

buakhao starting at pattaya south to pattaya central rd covered both sides. sawasdee part of chain nicer rooms then one on honey also has pool 15k. do call inn 10k. jollys huge 60+sqm rooms with bathtubs and full amenities 15k, maybe nicest guesthouse room ive ever seen. many many shabby looking options in various bars and above massage shops for as low as 8.5k

chaiyapoon/bbbjcim 8-12k. i think cantabury tales was 10k, english rose 12k, a few random rooms above massage shops and bars around 8k. silver place next to bliss lounge 11k.

all prices i listed were allin util included.

i have a feeling a lot of the places in yamato/post office area were just dicking me around and if i looked at room and made cash in hand offer around 15k or less they would snap take it

Sorry do not know why you were not credited with quote in my reply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
5 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

One other question, when they state monthly rates is that 30 days or 31 days from the start date ( I arrive on the 3rd of Oct)

Most hotels that do monthly rates wont in high season october might be the cut of if not the rate will be higher for sure.

5 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

It's basically the same day next month minus one. In your case the dates would be Oct 3 - Nov 2.

no normally it from the 3rd to checkout the 3rd the way it goes as in february one would lose days just the way it is.

12 hours ago, wadman said:

The Sawasdee hotel in soi Honey had these 2 signs out. Anyone spot the Thai logic? 

IMG_20190812_223740.thumb.jpg.ccddaaa16623a1b36dd863b715802725.jpg

IMG_20190812_223724.thumb.jpg.6e29ad2c7cc0926e7457c22cbffe1580.jpg

i see your point totally but there are many factors involved with out going in a checking.

Monthly rate will have bills on top the weekly rate wont and might include breakfast the 550 day rate might be a fan room only.

its advertising to get you to pop in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
2 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

buakhao starting at pattaya south to pattaya central rd covered both sides. sawasdee part of chain nicer rooms then one on honey also has pool 15k. do call inn 10k. jollys huge 60+sqm rooms with bathtubs and full amenities 15k, maybe nicest guesthouse room ive ever seen. many many shabby looking options in various bars and above massage shops for as low as 8.5k

did you check baku or pace guest house if yes the the jolly must be nice but i think the ones i quotet ate better.

http://baku-th.com/rooms/

http://pacepattaya.com/pace.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
defyodds

that monthly rate included utilities at 10k, they took me inside to show me room. but then  they showed me 2 rooms across the hall from each other. the ones on the soi honey side are vastly superior when i asked which one was 10k they couldnt tell me, i would assume the shitty one was the 10k one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
defyodds
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, talung66 said:

did you check baku or pace guest house if yes the the jolly must be nice but i think the ones i quotet ate better.

http://baku-th.com/rooms/

http://pacepattaya.com/pace.html

the baku ones are really nice im a huge fan but when i inquired last month i think i was told 20 or 22k

Edited by defyodds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
1 minute ago, defyodds said:

the baku ones are really nice im a huge fan but when i inquired last month i think i was told 20 or 22k

yes there a little more expensive though that is full price water electric and daily clean it a all in  price so not to much more in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geezerrb
2 minutes ago, talung66 said:

Most hotels that do monthly rates wont in high season october might be the cut of if not the rate will be higher for sure.

no normally it from the 3rd to checkout the 3rd the way it goes as in february one would lose days just the way it is.

i see your point totally but there are many factors involved with out going in a checking.

Monthly rate will have bills on top the weekly rate wont and might include breakfast the 550 day rate might be a fan room only.

its advertising to get you to pop in. 

On the point, a type of loss leader.

In my naive days in Pattaya I stayed in a Sawadee hotel and because I had a great time despite the hotel and the condition of the hotel and room being poor it was only later I realised how much better I could get, although I always remember as one morning my room was on the same level as the reception desk, when the 4 Champagne girls left the room and said goodbye the look on the staff faces was "priceless" and the staff and me had quite a laugh for the rest of my stay.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
defyodds
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, talung66 said:

yes there a little more expensive though that is full price water electric and daily clean it a all in  price so not to much more in the long run.

actually all the prices i quoted were allin. so based on my searches baku is far an away the most expensive i saw. but also the nicest. i just always use my condo as a baseline where  i paid 17.5k util included (goes to 22.5k in high season) for a 49 sqm 180 degree balcony view from jomtien to sri racha and less then 5 mins moto to Walking Street. high floor backup generator and infinity pool. so for me paying 22k for  guesthouse room is just silly

Edited by defyodds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
geezerrb
17 minutes ago, talung66 said:

did you check baku or pace guest house if yes the the jolly must be nice but i think the ones i quotet ate better.

http://baku-th.com/rooms/

http://pacepattaya.com/pace.html

If you want to commit for a month, you may be correct but unseen and without the option  of trying for a few days before committing to a month is perturbing given the changes that are happening in the side soi where both Pace and Baku for 1 night or more to try before committing to a full month.are. At jollys you can (at the moment) book 

11 minutes ago, talung66 said:

yes there a little more expensive though that is full price water electric and daily clean it a all in  price so not to much more in the long run.

The only service extra at jollys I believe is the maid service, difference 5-7k a month. I could employ my own providing many services, laundry as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
2 hours ago, geezerrb said:

In my naive days in Pattaya I stayed in a Sawadee hotel

i too had to stay there back in my naive day the one on soi diana when there weren't enough rooms in town to keep the same room when you did walk in rates it was a shit hole in early 2000 thought i have seen the recently renovated sawadee siam upgrade is a big improvement

2 hours ago, defyodds said:

paying 22k for  guesthouse room is just silly

yes same i too am in a condo at 14k centara residence with gym +  70 meter pool 

baku and pace are  a good recommendation for a month only stayer s and for readers of this thread  if one doesn't need a pool or cooking facilities where my condo would be 20k for a single month + bills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dean2926
5 hours ago, cruman999 said:

Any chance anyone in the area knows if the Sawasdee Sabai in Soi 10 (by the Retox) has a sign up with monthly rates? (and if possible a photo of costs and their email address)

I am over for a month in Oct and planned on booking a single night there then go looking for a place for the month but my OCD is kicking in and wants to book something in advance (I know but I cant help myself I have to have these sorts of things all organised, I just cant seem to wing it as far as accommodation goes)

One other question, when they state monthly rates is that 30 days or 31 days from the start date ( I arrive on the 3rd of Oct)

I used to stay here many times until the cleaners started stealing my stuff.

Complained to the manager and he denied everything.

I even identified the actual cleaning lady but he accused me of lying to him.

My friend had the same experience.

Fuck them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmaaarrrkkk
1 hour ago, dean2926 said:

 

Fuck them.

18 hours ago, wadman said:

The Sawasdee hotel in soi Honey had these 2 signs out. Anyone spot the Thai logic? 

IMG_20190812_223740.thumb.jpg.ccddaaa16623a1b36dd863b715802725.jpg

 

 

NEVER NEVER NEVER book any hotel in the Sawadee group

Worst value in Pattaya.

Once .........NEVER NEVER again!

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cruman999
2 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

 

NEVER NEVER NEVER book any hotel in the Sawadee group

Worst value in Pattaya.

Once .........NEVER NEVER again!

 

 

 

 

I have stayed there 3 times now and never had a problem, I found it great value for the money. Clean tidy, a bit dated but I am only sleeping there. Never had anything stolen either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wadman
3 hours ago, dean2926 said:

I used to stay here many times until the cleaners started stealing my stuff.

Complained to the manager and he denied everything.

I even identified the actual cleaning lady but he accused me of lying to him.

My friend had the same experience.

Fuck them.

There are lots of bad reviews of the Sawasdee hotels. Undoubtedly some of them must be true. I posted my pictures only for a laugh, it wasn't an endorsement of any kind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
talung66
6 hours ago, dean2926 said:

Any chance anyone in the area knows if the Sawasdee Sabai in Soi 10 (by the Retox) has a sign up with monthly rates? (and if possible a photo of costs and their email address)

just keep an eye on a booking site the price will might come down closer to your date ATM its 408 but will he higher your your dates ATM and all will be included.

image.thumb.png.1e25ff44ee4084eecedc14d525e54004.png 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mmaaarrrkkk
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, cruman999 said:

I have stayed there 3 times now and never had a problem, I found it great value for the money. Clean tidy, a bit dated but I am only sleeping there. Never had anything stolen either.

Once ............ booked the one at Soi 10. Lost my reservation , attitude at the front desk ; like losing the reservation was my fault! , left us dangling at the lobby for an hr , just arguing about the reservation when they have rooms to spare. I should have just walked out and got another room down the soi .

Finally given a room that's just near the stairs and everyone walks pass it. That's not too bad till you consider that my main door doesn't lock. Came back one nite with the door ajar! No use complaining as they just give you the Pattaya look. Luckily I travel light and don't have anything expensive ..... although my pasports were in the luggage!

Rooms were old and run down but okay considering the price. You get what you pay for.

I've read some positive reviews but mostly the place gets bad reviews. Like bars in Pattaya , there re so many good cheap ones , why bother with a shithole like the Sawadee group?

......... never again.

Edit - the soi 10 I refer to is the one between beach road and sai 2

 

Edited by mmaaarrrkkk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.