Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Dollhouse XXX | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Dan About Thailand | NWG 2020 Charity Appeal | Add your Text or Event here 
REAR_ENTRY

Next stop Vietnam? Saigon.

REAR_ENTRY

As you know lads there are many of us looking for the next mongering destination as pattaya seems to be in a world of shut at the minute for us farang blokes. The exchange rate being one of the reasons. 

Reading up a little on Ho Chi mhin City at the moment and in peticular District 1.

Those who have been there what are your experiences? 

I understand bringing girls back to your room is a problem, was there ways around this? Or many hotels that turned a blind eye? 

Nightlife pretty good so I'm hearing? 

Any thoughts, hints, tips or anything worth mentioning, let me know please lads. 

Thanks. 

Leedsmick

Go to HCM with an open mind.. but get ‘it maybe like a mini Pattaya’ out of your head or you will be disappointed. It’s very cheap to drink with decent night life/ roof top bars etc. Watch out for scam taxis tho.. rigged metres etc etc big problem out there.

bolton69

Try this hotel I’ve stayed here about 3 times. No problem taking girls back. The doorman will even get you one.  The last post was right get pattaya out your head it’s a different ballgame there  but a lot cheaper. Go to the hot tocs. Beauty salons. Most do bj.  And smoking hot girls $20.   Plenty of video on hot tocs  YouTube . Every thing is a lot cheaper.  Lt is about the same as pattaya.  Enjoy  

F76D05F7-D4A9-4D80-AB3D-869D8C42554E.png

Dalef65
6 hours ago, REAR_ENTRY said:

I understand bringing girls back to your room is a problem, 

5 hours ago, Leedsmick said:

Go to HCM with an open mind.. but get ‘it maybe like a mini Pattaya’ out of your head or you will be disappointed. ,........

............Watch out for scam taxis tho.. rigged metres etc etc big problem out there.

There's 3 reasons to stick with Pattaya.:unsure:

harddrive

I did a few nights in HCMC a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  I actually stayed in the hotel referenced above, the Ho Send and it was a pretty good hotel for the money.  Breakfast was adequate but the room was clean and decently appointed.  Absolutely no hassle with bringing back company.

This hotel is a stone's throw from the Apocalypse Now disco which is really the only place I found with a multitude of freelancers.  Drinks were a bit pricey and the women started out asking for $150 (US).  I talked a stunner down to $100.  I'm sure someone with better language skills might have done better.

I am aware that there are less expensive venues like the BJ barber shops but I really didn't have the time to search them out.  If you are going for any length of time, do a lot of research.

gmoule

I went there middle of june for first time,Although did one night in Vung Tao and one in HCMC. as said above go there with an open mind,pattaya or angeles it is not. In HCMC there are quite a few hostess bars however they only there for drinks nothing else,some may meet u after work and u have to play a longer game,but fuck that on holiday. Anyway we struggled to get laid but did find a couple of bars next to each other on bui vien street and st a girl each from a bar and went to st hotel,cost was 2m for girl 200 for room and 300k bf,so about 3500bht all in. Im sure there are more places in HCMC to fuck and can be done for cheaper however we had such a short stay couldnt find it. Vung tau most girls in the bars were available,however were more than in pattaya,also be careful with hotels as most dont allow girls in with you. imo its worth going to see for yourself but dont expect to find the next pattaya because you wont. Some good points however,beers very cheap,food and hotels are cheap.

Edited by gmoule

bangna

Tentative plan to visit HCMC and Vung Tau for a week late October so gathering all information. Understand that as a UK passport holder I can visit visa exempt for short break.

Leedsmick
13 minutes ago, bangna said:

Tentative plan to visit HCMC and Vung Tau for a week late October so gathering all information. Understand that as a UK passport holder I can visit visa exempt for short break.

Yes that true for a short break (they will ask to see your return ticket on arrival) Vung Tau is super cheap.. found it hard to send my money on nights out.

bangna
24 minutes ago, Leedsmick said:

Yes that true for a short break (they will ask to see your return ticket on arrival) Vung Tau is super cheap.. found it hard to send my money on nights out.

A friend from Pattaya now lives in Vung Tau, unfortunately I don't have contact info. He told me he pays 7 US dollars a night for accommodation, cheap as chips.

buck011

Been in Saigon in february,stayed in Bui Vien street,in the middle of the action,and honestly didnt like it.

Dont know whats so much cheaper there,yes you can sit in some crap bar with plastic chairs and have a cheap beer,but this place is not good for mongering,the vibe is crap,the shag is not good,many hotels dont accept "guests" etc.

Pattaya survives as a mongering destination despite its western prices not because its so good but because there are really no good alternatives.

Edited by buck011

dawg73
On 03/08/2019 at 16:30, REAR_ENTRY said:

world of shut

So are you from New Zealand or South Africa?

gmoule
On 03/08/2019 at 21:43, bangna said:

A friend from Pattaya now lives in Vung Tau, unfortunately I don't have contact info. He told me he pays 7 US dollars a night for accommodation, cheap as chips.

yes accommodation is cheap,however for 7 bucks ull b in a shithole,we paid 50usd per night and room was ok but wouldn't stay again

Ludhamlad
16 minutes ago, gmoule said:

yes accommodation is cheap,however for 7 bucks ull b in a shithole,we paid 50usd per night and room was ok but wouldn't stay again

I doubt $7 will be the daily rate like a hotel, more like an apartment and that's what it works out at on a monthly rate if he's living there.

gmoule
1 hour ago, Ludhamlad said:

I doubt $7 will be the daily rate like a hotel, more like an apartment and that's what it works out at on a monthly rate if he's living there.

probably true,however the O.P is about trying vietnam as a alt to pattaya as a mongering holiday,just trying to not get his expectations that they give away accomadation there,i will agree that beers are cheao esp in vung tau,30k was pretty standard and b1g1 on happy hour

bangna
2 hours ago, gmoule said:

My friend would have quoted based on long term stays, I wouldn't expect same pricing for 3 days. I do know the standard he would like as we stay at the same guesthouse in Patts.

A quick search on Booking . com listed several guesthouses around 15 usd but I am unfamiliar with the area, District 2?

LuvThaiPussy
On 03/08/2019 at 03:50, bolton69 said:

The doorman will even get you one

That's very convenient! Does he provide decent selections and how much for the girl and what's an appropriate tip for him?

bolton69
10 hours ago, LuvThaiPussy said:

That's very convenient! Does he provide decent selections and how much for the girl and what's an appropriate tip for him?

Yes.  It’s your choice 

LuvThaiPussy
1 hour ago, bolton69 said:

Yes.  It’s your choice 

Thanks. Guessing you're referring to the girl being your choice and not what you're paying?

bolton69
On 07/08/2019 at 08:59, LuvThaiPussy said:

Thanks. Guessing you're referring to the girl being your choice and not what you're paying?

When I was there. Ho sen hotel. The doorman asked me if I wanted a girl  I said yes he showed me photos of the girls  the price he asked for was $100 all night I said $60 all in .  the girl I ordered from the photo was delivered  .  Never pay the first price   .   That was a year ago   Things change   . I’m going in November . So I’ll post when I’m back . 

LuvThaiPussy
31 minutes ago, bolton69 said:

When I was there. Ho sen hotel. The doorman asked me if I wanted a girl  I said yes he showed me photos of the girls  the price he asked for was $100 all night I said $60 all in .  the girl I ordered from the photo was delivered  .  Never pay the first price   .   That was a year ago   Things change   . I’m going in November . So I’ll post when I’m back . 

Ok, great. Thanks for the info. $60 all night seems reasonable as long as the girl was decent in looks and performance. 

Depending what happens with my Visa, I'll try my first visit there mid December or mid January. Look forward to hearing about your November visit and will keep doing some online research as well. 

bfinkay
I went there middle of june for first time,Although did one night in Vung Tao and one in HCMC. as said above go there with an open mind,pattaya or angeles it is not. In HCMC there are quite a few hostess bars however they only there for drinks nothing else,some may meet u after work and u have to play a longer game,but fuck that on holiday. Anyway we struggled to get laid but did find a couple of bars next to each other on bui vien street and st a girl each from a bar and went to st hotel,cost was 2m for girl 200 for room and 300k bf,so about 3500bht all in. Im sure there are more places in HCMC to fuck and can be done for cheaper however we had such a short stay couldnt find it. Vung tau most girls in the bars were available,however were more than in pattaya,also be careful with hotels as most dont allow girls in with you. imo its worth going to see for yourself but dont expect to find the next pattaya because you wont. Some good points however,beers very cheap,food and hotels are cheap.
Where'd you go in Vung Tau mate, keen to hear any stories about the place

bfinkay

To answer your question on hotels go a half decent Airbnb instead

Essexman1961
On 03/08/2019 at 11:20, Leedsmick said:

Go to HCM with an open mind.. but get ‘it maybe like a mini Pattaya’ out of your head or you will be disappointed. It’s very cheap to drink with decent night life/ roof top bars etc. Watch out for scam taxis tho.. rigged metres etc etc big problem out there.

If it is still as it was in 2010 and 2012 this guy is right.Strict laws about who is in your room.

Worthwhile destination for a holiday but no comparison to Thailand in terms of convenience and availability.

kenshinsh

In hcm right now. Haven’t really tried p4p except a massage followed by a pretty good bj in the Japanese district. From my friends experience prices are all over the place from 2m dong to 6m dong lt. Many PR girls at clubs and KTVs, basically you need to tip these girls to hang out and drink with you. One thing I’ve noticed thou is that it’s is pretty easy to pick up girls on tinder and date/ hook up with them ( 3 of my friends are here and that’s all they do mostly, all of them have been successful at it, helps that they are still young and are Asian) not that hard to pickup at clubs ether. Kicker is that even thou you get the girl for free and won’t have to pay her. You probably spend the same amount or more just on drinks and balloons at the club. So doesn’t really end up cheaper then in pattaya. One thing I’ll say thou is that the viet chicks all generally have pretty large natural tits