Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Beavers Pattaya | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | The Night Wish Group | Add your Text or Event here

harddrive

Need to get two pairs of trousers hemmed.

harddrive

As the title says.  I land in mid October and have two pairs of tropical weight trousers I need to have shortened.  Quotes here in the states are ridiculous.

Staying near LK Metro.  Don't need a full blown tailor, just a competent seamstress.

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Cost in the village in Issan is 50thb.

LeoTex

There is a lady set up on the South East corner of Soi Buakhao and Soi Diana. Just between the 7-11 and the first massage place. I think just in front of that Kodak place.

I have used her to replace zippers and other repair work. IMHO she does pretty good work.

Normally she sets up late afternoon.

LeoTex

neo1011

Also a place on ground floor of mikes mall near second road entrance 

joeaf

Sewing to hem trousers in the US cost about $20, so I started bringing my sewing repairs to Thailand.  Go to any place where you see someone at a sewing machine.  I go to a lady on Soi Buakhao near Central Road  and I usually have to leave my items and come back in a day or so.

Explorer8939

There is a lady who works on Soi Honey, near the Hunny Pot bar, who will do the job for 60 baht.

gentleenforcer
6 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

There is a lady who works on Soi Honey, near the Hunny Pot bar, who will do the job for 60 baht.

I get any sewing stuff done by her all the time..she is very good. I think she sits outside Jasmine massage on Soi Honey.

dingbat22

Any woman sat behind a sewing machine outside a shop , 50 baht

nzwolfgang

One at the rear entrance of The Avenue. 

Bonkabit

Go through Tukcom from the front and then out the back, far left.

Soi opposite on left, 30-40m: open-front tailor's shop. 

I took new jeans there to have legs trimmed, had a coffee and came back to collect. 60THB, I think.

striderman

my lady is in south pattaya rd other side from tukom and opposite gafee coffee place (something like that)  to shorten trousers she charges 30 bht and i usually give her 2 x 20 bht

harddrive

Thanks everyone for the informative replies.  As I am going to be staying at the Acqua hotel so I will first check out the lady on Soi Honey.

froddo

Go to soi Chaiyapoon turn left at Triangle bar onto soi Excite & about 100yds on the right there will be a lady & sewing machine. Does good work & really cheap

likeaking
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, joeaf said:

Sewing to hem trousers in the US cost about $20, so I started bringing my sewing repairs to Thailand.  Go to any place where you see someone at a sewing machine.  I go to a lady on Soi Buakhao near Central Road  and I usually have to leave my items and come back in a day or so.

I also bring clothing from the U.S. to be altered. Usually it's serveral shirts and repair some shorts. Once had some motorcycle overpants shortened for next to nothing compared to back home. I use the seamstress at the Rhompo market on Jomtien 2nd Road. She does good work at a reasonable cost.

Edited by likeaking

Zeb
9 hours ago, LeoTex said:

There is a lady set up on the South East corner of Soi Buakhao and Soi Diana. Just between the 7-11 and the first massage place. I think just in front of that Kodak place.

I have used her to replace zippers and other repair work. IMHO she does pretty good work.

Normally she sets up late afternoon.

LeoTex

Yep Good worker - 50 Baht per pair of trousers etc to shorten/ hem.

Gazoo

Go to 7/11 and buy a pair of scissors... or better yet do it before you leave home. 

Pair of trousers hemmed? Damn that's a little nerdy....

Are the damn pair of trousers so special?

Why can't you just buy a pair of nice shorts like everyone else??

striderman
Just now, Gazoo said:

Go to 7/11 and buy a pair of scissors... or better yet do it before you leave home. 

while my legs successfully keep me off the ground they are slightly shorter than most uk leg lengths. i have tackled the job in the past but doing the sewing by hand is slow without a machine and a pain in the arse. 

when i can get it done for 40 bht and come back an hour later to collect them it's a no brainer. in london it could cost me as much as the pants did.

Gazoo
4 minutes ago, striderman said:

while my legs successfully keep me off the ground they are slightly shorter than most uk leg.

But he want's them shortened..  did I miss something?

harddrive
5 hours ago, Gazoo said:

If I go to a club at night, I like to wear long pants, not shorts, especially when I go to Bangkok.  I bought a couple of pairs of lightweight linen trousers and they are a tad too long.  Thought I'd get them shortened in Thailand at a reasonable price instead of dropping over $40 in the states.  Sorry if the nerdiness offends your sensibilities.

tez4life

I know a seamstress who lives in one of the rooms at sutus court

billybog

go to any seamtress you see on the streets. I had t-shirts (5) shortened for 50 baht each....drive along soi bakaow...there are many of them there...also on pattaya tai between 2nd road and walking street.

talung66
On 02/08/2019 at 00:23, harddrive said:

As the title says.  I land in mid October and have two pairs of tropical weight trousers I need to have shortened.  Quotes here in the states are ridiculous.

Staying near LK Metro.  Don't need a full blown tailor, just a competent seamstress.

the lady opposite nikom court  on soi buakow diagonally opposite subway she start around 2pm if your lucky 

50 baht same price as thais.

parry
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 02:49, froddo said:

Go to soi Chaiyapoon turn left at Triangle bar onto soi Excite & about 100yds on the right there will be a lady & sewing machine. Does good work & really cheap

I have tried a few through the years an this is by far the best lady to do alterations. She is a diva on the sewing machine but has moved further up Excite towards 3rd Road on the right hand side. She has a little shop now but it is hidden and off the road. Motorcycle boys parked nearby pointed her new place out to me.

rainman333

don't want to thread hijack but can any of these ladies convert tshirts into vnecks (like the video below)? I've got a few I want to have done, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a_U-0elnH8

bangna
9 hours ago, parry said:

I have tried a few through the years an this is by far the best lady to do alterations. She is a diva on the sewing machine but has moved further up Excite towards 3rd Road on the right hand side. She has a little shop now but it is hidden and off the road. Motorcycle boys parked nearby pointed her new place out to me.

That was my go to lady but I couldn't find her in April. Please confirm right hand side because there are not many buildings. Thanks.