Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sunshine Hotel and Residences

mrman348

I'm looking for some hotel advice.

On last visit I stayed up on Soi 2, but I found it too quiet and out of the way.   So this time I am looking for a hotel around LK Metro for 2 weeks.

I looked at Areca Lodge and LK Express but they were a bit too expensive for me.   But for nearly half the price I found a nice looking room at Sunshine hotel and Residences.

It has free cancellation, so I can still change my mind.

Did I make a good choice?   Has anyone stayed there before?   What is it really like?

I stayed there many years ago when I first came to Pattaya.  I can't remember what I paid for the room back then but I do remember it was reasonable for what was provided.  Still some good chicks to be found around soi 7 and 8 and it is fairly close to just about everywhere.

Although last time I stayed there was an influx of Indian tourist.  Breakfast was provided and they would all flock to the buffet in the morning.  They would be pushing you out of the way.  My mate even put some bread in a toaster and an Indian lady snapped it up as soon as it popped.

I stay in quest houses now and haven't stayed the Sunshine since 2012 so maybe the place is different now.

Although last time I stayed there was an influx of Indian tourist.  Breakfast was provided and they would all flock to the buffet in the morning.  They would be pushing you out of the way. 

Thanks for the info. I rarely make it out of bed in time to get the hotel breakfasts so that’s not really a big deal to me. More important is if the rooms and area is nice. (By nice, I mean has lots of girls nearby)

I used to stay at Sunshine, but with the Indian tourist families and the rooms looking a bit run down, I now stay at either Sandy Springs or just rent a condo in VT6 for nearly the same price.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed here once many years ago.

Great location but shabby room - bet they haven’t refurbished since so room condition likely to be even worse!

Even though I was on a high floor, 17th or 19th, the noise from the bars on soi7 & 8 was horrendous. No chance you’ll be able to sleep before 4am!!

I stayed there a few years ago 

I moved out after 2 days I didn't like it but can't remember why

I do remember lots of arabs there

I used to hook up with a receptionist who worked there she said it was a nice hotel with mostly Indian customers who were mostly rude to the staff.

I stayed there many years ago. From memory 3 pools, one on the roof, one nearby the breakfast area, and one nearby the entrance. It was nice hotel. Back then not many Indians, but a lot of Russians. Good location. It’s a bit noisey at night. Haven’t gone back as there are better options for similar money.

Stayed there a few years ago.Many Indians and would'nt get tried to get in the lift before you could get out.

I stayed there many years ago. From memory 3 pools, one on the roof, one nearby the breakfast area, and one nearby the entrance. It was nice hotel. Back then not many Indians, but a lot of Russians. Good location. It’s a bit noisey at night. Haven’t gone back as there are better options for similar money.

Thanks everyone who commented so far. Looks like the general agreement is that since I am not Indian, I better take up the free cancellation offer.

So what other hotels nearby that are similar price would you all recommend instead then?

(Criteria: same area, similar price, must have pool)

I was there 3 times, paid always around 25-30€ per night. The rooms are getting old but they were ok, nothing more, many Indian Guests there and if you sleep very long, the cleaning ladies are very annoying, because they have a radio? (Walkie-Talkie?)  with them, to talk with the reception and other cleaning ladies. I woke up several times because they were so loud.

I was there, because it was cheap and the location is very good.

I would recommend the 247 Boutique hotel, it’s not that cheap, I paid around 47€ per night, but very nice and clean rooms and also very good location, LK Metro is right around the corner.

If you stay, make sure you are in the tower wing.  It’s newer than the original bit...maybe more expensive and keeps the riff raff out.

stayed there many years ago. there are better ones round that area like flipper. that's if you want to stay round that area. you can find better up soi buakhao.

Archived