IGNORED

Deed Poll UK - Change name advice

johnfb43

Have a vicious ex-wife on my tail that wants to take me to the cleaners. She received 2/3 of everything I had before.

I have decided to 1) Change my name by deed poll.  2) Get a new passport in my new name

Problems - A) I live in Thailand and will only be in the UK for about 9-14 days in October 

B) I dont have cheques/Cheque Book from my UK Bank acc. It says on the deep poll UK website you need to enclose a cheque (about 35 GBP) to pay for the deed poll. I do have a UK credit card though. 4C) Can I post the application from from here in Thailand and do the transaction to/from UK by post? What sort of postage costs are involved?

D) Would I have enough time to get the deed poll and new passport done in the UK in 2 weeks?

E) Does my old surname still show up on my new passport although its in my new name?

Any other advice appreciated.

"If you’re a permanent resident overseas, you cannot change your name by deed poll".

so says the UK government deed poll website.

I am not. I visit Thailand for 3 months. The problem is that in October I am in the UK for only10-14 days when I fly out for a few weeks for work.

Someone on the Pattaya Forum must know the answer to my questions. 

Archived