IGNORED

Another help with hotel selection request - Sorry ;)

johnc57

Hey all,

The more I search and read the more confused i get. Hoping you all can provide me with recommendations so i can narrow down my search.

My criteria: in or very close to LK Metro, walk-in shower, comfortable couch or chair, safe in room & pool... and if course joiner friendly ;)

Not concerned about nightly cost as I will decide based on amenities vs cost.

Thanks in advance for assisting me!

I've heard good things about Areca. I'm thinking about trying out Keerati this December. 

1 minute ago, captainito said:

I've heard good things about Areca. I'm thinking about trying out Keerati this December. 

It is absolutely lovely. The intricate tiles in the place are a joy to behold. Those wooden shutters are absolutely delightful. 

But by fuck I hope you don't wish to sleep until the Soi does. 

There may be rooms within that are not so noisy, that was just my experience. 

I have stayed at the LK hotels. Metropole and Residence are the closest to LK Metro. The Royal Suite and Royal wing are a short walk away on Soi  Buakhao. My favourite of those is the one bedroom apartment in the Royal Suite. The rooms are dated in all of the LK hotels but for size of room and price they are great

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

lk metropol is an option of course, prices vary a lot. 
areca: i only had a bathtub in my room, certainly no walk-in shower. i don't know if that's the case for all rooms and i think they also renovated some in the mean time... but just so you're aware. i personally wasn't a fan of it at all, but many like it. 
lk residence: they're building a huge new condo tower next  to it and it's often very loud, so i can't recommend it for the moment. i also found the showers in their superior rooms disappointingly small. 
247 boutique: it's on soi honey, but it's maybe 3-4 minutes by foot: large walk in shower, SMALL rooms, comfortable couch (but again, room is very small). it's my favourite hotel and i normally stay there. small but nice rooftop pool. 

there are a few smaller ones nearby: nikom court (iirc no pool), opey de place (not sure if they have in-room safe or only at lobby), sawasdee on buakahow (bad reviews, never looked closer into it). and then there are of course many guesthouses directly on or next to LK Metro, but none of them have (afaik) a pool. 
there's a new holiday inn express down next to soi15, but that's probably already too far away. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

On 29/07/2019 at 23:35, thinkingallowed said:

It is absolutely lovely. The intricate tiles in the place are a joy to behold. Those wooden shutters are absolutely delightful. 

But by fuck I hope you don't wish to sleep until the Soi does. 

There may be rooms within that are not so noisy, that was just my experience. 

Mine too, I stayed here a number of years ago now but I do remember it was quite noisy, room was opposite Champagne 

Archived