Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Proposed Condo Purchase

hotfunguy

On 20/08/2019 at 18:41, Scuba+ said:

The chanote will be changed at the land office. Maybe you are talking about the JP records at the condo but you want it to be within the foreign quota. Not enough info at the moment

There is no land involved in a condo purchase, so no chanote. There is only an Or Chor 2 title document. I have both sides of the document now, and can see the chain of ownership, including the current owner.

In America, a new title deed is executed for every transaction, apparently not in Thailand.

• Like 1

Sounds fishy to me, maybe an expert can comment. I'm pretty confident you should go to the land office where you hand over payment and the title gets changed

1 hour ago, Explorer8939 said:

There is no land involved in a condo purchase, so no chanote. There is only an Or Chor 2 title document. I have both sides of the document now, and can see the chain of ownership, including the current owner.

In America, a new title deed is executed for every transaction, apparently not in Thailand.

Besides getting what sounds like the same document you're talking about I also received a blue book from my Magna Carta attorney after everything was completed.

17 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Sounds fishy to me, maybe an expert can comment. I'm pretty confident you should go to the land office where you hand over payment and the title gets changed

You are correct that the Land Office will only record the transfer to me if everything is kosher from their perspective. I am currently satisfied that the guy selling me the condo is the legal owner. Also, I am assuming that legal requirements for the condo are okay, due to it being the Axis, very unlikely that the government will void title for the building or demand it be torn down for height restrictions.

That leaves the issue of liens on the condo, I need to make sure that the condo is not encumbered. The contract states that is free and clear, but I don't see a way to enforce a contract in court against a Farang.

I pulled the trigger and now own a condo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
32 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:
I pulled the trigger and now own a condo.

Thai quota or foreign quota?

Foreign.

On 23/07/2019 at 17:07, usexpat46 said:

I don't see any benefit of living in a place for awhile and then buying

neighbors and noise can be seen before you buy thats IMO is a big advantage

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

26 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

I've only rented, but experienced the impact of early evening karaoke singers, clapping taxi drivers all night and neighbours who leave their door open whilst screaming at skype to their german friends at home. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Soi7 said:

until the quiet neighbors move and noisy ones move in.  Also the property next to your place could change in the future.  A condo up on Soi 1 for example had units on the west side that had views of the gulf until a few years later when a hotel was built and those gulf views turned into the wall of a hotel only a couple of meters away.

until the quiet neighbors move and noisy ones move in.  Also the property next to your place could change in the future.  A condo up on Soi 1 for example had units on the west side that had views of the gulf until a few years later when a hotel was built and those gulf views turned into the wall of a hotel only a couple of meters away.
This is only a guess but I'm guessing those walls didn't make much noise. :-)

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

55 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:
Foreign.

how did you manage to convert it from thai company to foreign quota?

The Thai company was the original condo developer. Subsequent owners were on the back side of the chanote, including the later foreign owners.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

Thai quota or foreign quota? 

If it's thai quota he doesn't own it. I can't believe people buy thai quota condos when there are thousands of condos on the market they can actually own.

Edited by chris2004
  • Like 1

The title deed for a condo is an Or Chor 2. However, it is commonly called a chanote, even though a chanote is for title to land. 

2 hours ago, chris2004 said:

If it's thai quota he doesn't own it. I can't believe people buy thai quota condos when there are thousands of condos on the market they can actually own.

Will the Land Office register a foreign name on the chanote if the Thai quota is not met? If so, what is the ownership status?

Attached is a photo of the Land Office.

IMG_20190827_131713.jpg

Edited by Explorer8939

Will the Land Office register a foreign name on the chanote if the Thai quota is not met? If so, what is the ownership status?

Attached is a photo of the Land Office.

Yes! There are many, many developments around Pattaya where the foreign quota is long sold out but loads left in Thai quota.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

8 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

The thai quota is always met as the developer is Thai, so those unsold remain as Thai

6 hours ago, Scuba+ said:

The thai quota is always met as the developer is Thai, so those unsold remain as Thai

Actually, I meant the reverse: can a foreigner buy and register a condo if the foreign quota has been met?

Actually, I meant the reverse: can a foreigner buy and register a condo if the foreign quota has been met?
Only if Thai quota so one of those dodgy Thai companies.

But, i understand the land office doesn't see the Thai\Foreign quotas so depends on the JPs records.

Someone could buy foreign quota but comes to light later that foreign quota has been exceeded like the recent Base example and then problems with anyone selling foreign quotab71b7ec11a70a35228abbf042b924c89.jpg
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Has anyone here purchased a condo recently (during covid)? I was wondering if completed condo complexes like Grand Ave were giving  larger discounts if you negotiate? I’ve heard rent across Pattaya has come down significantly during covid and was wondering if this is also applies to condo purchases. Can anyone share their new condo purchase and what kind of discount they got from the developer? 

Over a 100 units at Grand Avenue for sale on 1 website. Prices listed at 2.3 million as the lowest. I could imagine some pretty good deals. Just watched a few youtube clips from one well know guy and he negotiated his rent down to 13.5k I think it was for a good unit. A pretty decent reduction. I could imagine would be the same for a purchase.

• Like 2

I didn’t think ‘owners’ in Grand Avenue had been given their chanote yet?

If that is the case, I wouldn’t go anywhere near buying a condo there.

I thought Grand Avenue was completed about > 1 year ago so surely Owners should have received their ownership papers by now.

Nice looking condo complex, great location but the asking price for rent look high to me...   

54 minutes ago, JB300 said:

I thought Grand Avenue was completed about > 1 year ago so surely Owners should have received their ownership papers by now.

Nice looking condo complex, great location but the asking price for rent look high to me...   

Very long thread about the various issues:

Tulip Group walked away, development taken over by Nova, original plans/promises meant nothing, building done on cheap, some paperwork finally given but not sure if actual legal ownership confirmed, no condo board so fees can just go to developer, etc etc etc.