IGNORED

Best Chinese Restaurant?

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 11:44, Evil Penevil said:

The skin, not the meat, is the star of traditional Peking duck. It's the flavor, texture and mouth-feel of the skin elevates the dish in Chinese minds.  That's also what causes problems for some Western diners. They feel ripped off if the slices don't include plenty of meat.  I have witnessed major arguments in Chinese restaurants in Asia on just that point.

Chinese restaurants in Europe or North America often list "Peking Duck" on the menu, but it's actually pieces of roast duck served with crepes.  It's not Peking Duck at all, but the type of dish Western diners prefer. The difficulty is that Westerners unfamiliar with Chinese food are expecting a lot of duck meat when they order Peking Duck in restaurants in Asia and feel cheated when they don't get it.

Damn EP , what do you not know?!?!

Same feeling I had , not so much angry but more curious what happened to the flesh when I was eating the pancakes with skin and veggies and sauce......... till they came back with a plate of stir fried noodles with PLENTY of duck meat!

Not cheap but one's gotta try the real thing once a while.

Please remember to like and subscribe.

2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

I'd like crispy aromatic duck!!!

Jing Chumin, Tappraya, close to Jomtien Beach Road.

ah but do they understand the british culinary principle of half rice, half chips ....with everything lol

3 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Jing Chumin, Tappraya, close to Jomtien Beach Road.

Like this? This is how I used to have it at a Chinese restaurant in Manchester UK Chinatown that I went to quite often. I don't mean roasted Peking duck, that's different.

crispy-aromatic-duck.jpg

3 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Like this? This is how I used to have it at a Chinese restaurant in Manchester UK Chinatown that I went to quite often. I don't mean roasted Peking duck, that's different.

crispy-aromatic-duck.jpg

Was it the Yang Sing by any chance? its the mancunians favourite lol

3 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Crispy Aromatic Duck, like Chicken Tikka Masala,  was invented in the U.K. fifty to sixty years ago.  Crispy Aromatic Duck is basically Cantonese roast duck (aka "lacquered duck," what you often see hanging in the windows of Chinese restaurants) served Beijing-style.  Another U.K. twist was to deep-fry the duck after it had been roasted or steamed to make the skin crispier.

I can't recall seeing Crispy Aromatic Duck on the menu of any Chinese restaurant in Pattaya, but LengKee at the corner of Soi Buakhao and Central Road has plenty of other duck  dishes, although the price has risen and the quality has fallen in recent years.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Was it the Yang Sing by any chance? its the mancunians favourite lol

I can't recall the name of the restaurant. I only remember that when you entered you had to go down stairs.

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Crispy Aromatic Duck, like Chicken Tikka Masalawas invented in the U.K.

That I remember being told by my female friends in Manchester who first took me to the restaurant in Chinatown.

I also had Chicken Tikka Masala (one of my favorites) for the first time in Manchester at a restaurant on the Curry Mile that they took me to.

Another U.K. twist was to deep-fry the duck after it had been roasted or steamed to make the skin crispier.

That was one of the things I liked about it. 

but LengKee at the corner of Soi Buakhao and Central Road has plenty of other duck  dishes, 

Yes I've been there before and they didn't have it. Same as many Chinese restaurants in LA and Seattle that I went to.

I actually remember buying it in the frozen foods section at Marks & Spencer's and taking it back to the States.

Crispy aromatic duck is made by the Chinese chef putting a straw under the skin and blowing to loosen the skin

Traditionally to make the best duck the  chef would have secret blend of herbs in his mouth while he blows

I know it tastes amazing 

But I've never had again since someone told me this

1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

I can't recall the name of the restaurant. I only remember that when you entered you had to go down stairs.

Thats funny you remember ...i bet it was the little yang sing! 

(You've been to the curry mile too. You got to see all the sights)

IMG_1075.JPG

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Thats funny you remember ...i bet it was the little yang sing! 

(You've been to the curry mile too. You got to see all the sights)

IMG_1075.JPG

I truly believe that is it! 555 Yes all the sights. :)

When I was a Flight Attendant MAN was one of my favorite layovers. Was there at least twice a week back in the early to mid 2000's. I was quite a regular at the Living Room. 

On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 06:32, princeofwales said:

Crispy aromatic duck is made by the Chinese chef putting a straw under the skin and blowing to loosen the skin

Traditionally to make the best duck the  chef would have secret blend of herbs in his mouth while he blows

I know it tastes amazing 

But I've never had again since someone told me this

no no no no no     the chef doesn't 'blow' the duck! Air is pumped in.

Do you drink wine coz all the foot diseases they carry must also have you avoid it?

3 hours ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

no no no no no     the chef doesn't 'blow' the duck! Air is pumped in.

Do you drink wine coz all the foot diseases they carry must also have you avoid it?

I've no idea what you are trying to say

Foot disease in wine

Eeer ok do you need a lie down

1 hour ago, princeofwales said:

Foot disease in wine

Exactly ..... ones sees only what wants to see

4 hours ago, princeofwales said:

Foot disease in wine

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

On 09/08/2019 at 09:28, Taa_Saparot said:

69050324_159897411829884_6838754530887387343_n.thumb.jpg.588f15ca80b9176b099fcd595a345218.jpg

Where’s that then?

Looks like one of the hotel restaurants as they add 17% to the prices shown!

9 hours ago, Spursman said:

Where’s that then?

Looks like one of the hotel restaurants as they add 17% to the prices shown!

Apologies, I thought it said where it was on their promo.

It's the Royal Cliff.

Archived