IGNORED

*direct* flights to Bangkok at £374 return in Sept - May from London (British Airways)

dingbat22

Direct British Airways route to Bangkok looking as good as ever right now with low fares and winter high-season availability. This direct route is always popular, so we seldom see fares drop this low :-)

Note: Getting to Thai destinations like Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Ko Samui can be quite pricey from the UK, but if you combine this non-stop route with cheap regional flights from Bangkok, you can save quite a bit on airfare and flight time. Example here to Chiang Mai a £25 return.

To:

Bangkok (BKK) - £374 direct

London (LHR)
Travel Dates: September - May (excluding December/Easter holidays)

Airline: British Airways

Standard Fare: £650

Bags: Checked bag is extra (£60 rtn)

Book by: These fares will last 2-3 days

Yep - I bought one of the BA flights from LHR to BKK for £390 return last week. I'm travelling next May for a short trip. Just be aware the prices don't include suitcases in the hold but does include cabin hand luggage but I'm only taking hand luggage. The extra baggage costs will put another £100 on the fare for return flight. I usually book Eva, Finnair or Oman Air but willing to give BA a go especially since they are cheap for direct flight compared to Thai or Eva. The Eva and Thai flights do include suitcases in the hold and prices were around £480.

20 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

Yep - I bought one of the BA flights from LHR to BKK for £390 return last week. I'm travelling next May for a short trip. Just be aware the prices don't include suitcases in the hold but does include cabin hand luggage but I'm only taking hand luggage. The extra baggage costs will put another £100 on the fare for return flight. I usually book Eva, Finnair or Oman Air but willing to give BA a go especially since they are cheap for direct flight compared to Thai or Eva. The Eva and Thai flights do include suitcases in the hold and prices were around £480.

Hand luggage allowance is governed by size and only arbitrarily by weight. 23 kg but as long as you can lift it into the overhead bins yourself it's OK. Trying to get a carry on to weigh 23kg would take some effort.

48 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

Hand luggage allowance is governed by size and only arbitrarily by weight. 23 kg but as long as you can lift it into the overhead bins yourself it's OK. Trying to get a carry on to weigh 23kg would take some effort.

I hardly take anything for my trips to LoS. However, I always tend to always bring back tons more than I went with.

Think I will hold out for an Eva air sale, BA is always shocking in terms of service.

Beware British Airways have voted for strikes dates being planed now for strike action by pilots.

Latest information | strike | British Airways

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/strike/latest-information

We’re very disappointed that the pilot union, BALPA, has chosen to disrupt our customers’ travel plans – including the summer holidays of thousands of families and friends – with potential strike action. We have yet to receive strike dates from BALPA, so there are no changes to our schedule

Archived