Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Scuba+

Unlimited data fixed speed plans

Scuba+

i just bought the AIS unlimited 1mbps 12 month deal 1800 baht incl tax.

*777*7329#

AIS have stopped the 4mbps+ unlimited deals. The 1800 deal is a well kept secret.

1mbps is good enough for youtube, facebook, downloads, i haven't double checked streaming

Oukiva
12 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

AIS have stopped the 4mbps+ unlimited deals. //

Uh? Where did you see that. It's the package I use and need to renew soon :huh:

BTW 4 Mbps/1 year/2'500B  still on offer on their website :
AIS: Internet On-Top Package    (and click "Internet Non Stop" in the center)

Scuba+
Uh? Where did you see that. It's the package I use and need to renew soon default_huh.png

It's been widely reported on thaivisa it's stopped, plus customer service confirmed it.The new 4mbps is capped at 20gb per month.

But i realise the old unlimited link is still showing. Apparently if you try to use it it gives a different deal, i decided not to try it and just went with the 1mbps deal, maybe try it and see. Or get a new sim, different deals available42cd2174e7d019f3b0ab59367158dea8.jpg

Oukiva

Indeed small change in the description :

Speed 4Mbps / 20GB/Months / 2,500 Baht / 12 Months

Internet 20GB/ months at speed 4Mbps and continue using at 128kbps

As far as I am concerned, 20 GB is still a lot of more that what I use, so still good. :wink:

I rarely go over 3 GB, but my phone is on my WiFi when I am home.

The Unlimited/12 Months/1'800B seems to be sold by resellers only. Can't find it on AIS website. :unsure:

Oukiva
33 minutes ago, kane666 said:

True Move Unlimited 12 months @4Mbps is still available on Lazada for 1,790 baht.

Maybe be careful with that, as this offer has been removed from TRUE website.

TRUE also reduced its unlimited offers and increased prices, with now only : 2 Mbps for 1 year at 2'600 B.

http://help.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/16/3974

kane666
1 minute ago, Oukiva said:

Maybe be careful with that, as this offer has been removed from TRUE website.

TRUE also reduced its unlimited offers and increased prices, with now only : 2 Mbps for 1 year at 2'600 B.

http://help.truecorp.co.th/truemoveh/16/3974

FWIW still works as of the 26th June which was the last time I bought one (and was only activated last week). I bought a spare one for someone that I still have, it is marked to be activated before 30 November 2019.

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i258075135-s397867693.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Has supposedly verified reviews as of 2 weeks ago.

Scuba+
Indeed small change in the description :

Speed 4Mbps / 20GB/Months / 2,500 Baht / 12 Months

Internet 20GB/ months at speed 4Mbps and continue using at 128kbps

As far as I am concerned, 20 GB is still a lot of more that what I use, so still good. :wink:
I rarely go over 3 GB, but my phone is on my WiFi when I am home.

The Unlimited/12 Months/1'800B seems to be sold by resellers only. Can't find it on AIS website. :unsure:
if you search the code in facebook it will come up

NorCalKid

will the 1mb run youtube?

Hallodri
2 hours ago, kane666 said:

FWIW still works as of the 26th June which was the last time I bought one (and was only activated last week). I bought a spare one for someone that I still have, it is marked to be activated before 30 November 2019.

https://www.lazada.co.th/-i258075135-s397867693.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1

Has supposedly verified reviews as of 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Do you need to show up at an office of their's with your passport to activate?

Scuba+

Yes smooth for YouTube, i stream podcasts also and they are fine. A thai bird i know has the 6 month package and watches facebook videos all the time and is happy with how they play

webDev

AIS has been dinging my bank account for 300 thb every month or so (I don't even have a plan, but I have auto refill) so thank you for this. I'll probably save money and have faster speeds

kane666
41 minutes ago, Hallodri said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Do you need to show up at an office of their's with your passport to activate?

Yes, go to any True Move shop with your passport, 5 mins and job done.

(Note for Thais just ID card and literally 1 min)

hioctane

Define “run.” Youtube plays different quality depending on your speed. You need at least 3 Mbps for SD quality and at least 5 Mbps for HD quality. It will still work but low quality and maybe buffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scuba+

Define “run.” Youtube plays different quality depending on your speed. You need at least 3 Mbps for SD quality and at least 5 Mbps for HD quality. It will still work but low quality and maybe buffering.

For me it runs fine with no buffering, 1mbps isn't noticeably different from 4mbps or even my UK home Virgin 100mbps. I've often thought speed is a scam. Virgin were always increasing speed with no noticeable benefit

Mr_wimpy

Does AIS work in other Asia countries?  

Scuba+

i just bought the AIS unlimited 1mbps 12 month deal 1800 baht incl tax.

*777*7329#

AIS have stopped the 4mbps+ unlimited deals. The 1800 deal is a well kept secret.

1mbps is good enough for youtube, facebook, downloads, i haven't double checked streaming
This deal may be for sims activated before 1st Feb 19. I guess you won't know for sure until you try

hioctane
For me it runs fine with no buffering, 1mbps isn't noticeably different from 4mbps or even my UK home Virgin 100mbps. I've often thought speed is a scam. Virgin were always increasing speed with no noticeable benefit 

Most streaming services degrade the quality of your video to adapt to your speed. If you compare it side by side, you will definitely notice a difference. As long as the quality is acceptable to you then great.. you save some money!

As for home services, the bottleneck is not really your ISP speed, the bigger issue is the speed of your stream provider. The total bandwith is only important if you have lots of devices connected. Assuming each device uses a generous 5 Mbps, you can have 20 devices connected.

NotASexTorist
16 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Uh? Where did you see that. It's the package I use and need to renew soon :huh:

Most codes and packages can be found here;

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/334542-what-sim-card-best-plan-for-internet-1-month/page/3/

Unlimited AIS packs are for SIMs activated by the 1st of Feb, not March.

There are also some capped speed packs for newly opened SIMs. Subscribe within 7 days of opening SIM.

One from AIS gives you 70 GB per month @ 4 Mbps for 200 baht per month over 12 months. 2400 baht in total. Subscribe by the 15th.

Another gives you 100 GB per month @ 4 Mbps for 200 baht per month over 6 months. 1200 baht in total. Subscribe by the 31st.

eXplosief

I am sure I missed some thread on this, but what is the deal with the newer sims?