Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Sign in to follow this  
WalterA

Useful APP’s

WalterA

I’m not a big fan of technology and don’t see the value in what others get excited about .... I really only use my phone for calls .... having said that, one APP I do use is the Apple phone health data APP. ( I’m guessing other phone have the equivalent ) .... it has many many features, all of which I don’t understand but I find the step counter good .... it lets me know how many steps - kilometres I’ve done every day .... this way I can increase my daily fitness whilst keeping an eye on progress .... 

this is useful and positive .... walking is free guys, doesn’t cost you a Baht .... 

302F3B92-745E-4029-AB9A-BF9D78DCDDDA.jpeg

648CEF1D-3F8F-42BA-94FC-B690270BA4F5.jpeg

Luv2Phuket

I'm a big fan of the Xe currency app, which shows exchange rate and will give historical data/charts.  It is helpful to use if you are using exchange booths to see if their rate is competitive or whether you should find another (or to depress yourself when you are out of the country and watching toe USD plummet vs the bahtt!  555)

I also check the Stocks app daily to see how the market and particular stocks that I hold are doing.

I have a FitBit tracker, so I use their app to track steps/stairs/etc.  I LOVE it, but it only works with their tracker.

mmaaarrrkkk

What does APP stand for?

zeconrad
53 minutes ago, WalterA said:

I’m not a big fan of technology and don’t see the value in what others get excited about .... I really only use my phone for calls .... having said that, one APP I do use is the Apple phone health data APP. ( I’m guessing other phone have the equivalent ) .... it has many many features, all of which I don’t understand but I find the step counter good .... it lets me know how many steps - kilometres I’ve done every day .... this way I can increase my daily fitness whilst keeping an eye on progress .... 

this is useful and positive .... walking is free guys, doesn’t cost you a Baht .... 

If you think that's cool, check out Fitbit. Tells you steps, monitors your sleep, exercise, etc. Pretty neat and doesn't eat up your cell phone battery. Seems like half the people I know are wearing one nowadays. 

per anum

Truecaller is the best thing since sliced bread........hate promotional calls coming from unknown numbers......there is no escaping Truecaller!

per anum
1 minute ago, zeconrad said:

If you think that's cool, check out Fitbit. Tells you steps, monitors your sleep, exercise, etc. Pretty neat and doesn't eat up your cell phone battery. Seems like half the people I know are wearing one nowadays. 

If you are doing 10km on a treadmill, would this capture it?.........seems unlikely!

Edited by per anum

zeconrad
2 minutes ago, per anum said:

If you are doing 10km on a treadmill, would this capture it.........seems unlikely!

I don't own a treadmill but I think it will, it measures your heart rate. I had to unbox about a million things at work one day, standing in one spot, cut a box open, throw the stuff in the trash, repeat about 1000 times and it told me I got a high intensity workout doing it. So even though I was standing still and not really walking, it knew I was moving around a lot.

Edited by zeconrad
typo

Luv2Phuket
37 minutes ago, per anum said:

If you are doing 10km on a treadmill, would this capture it?.........seems unlikely!

If you are moving your arms as if walking, it should.

I'm 90% sure that it is primarily based upon the movement of your arms.  If I walk around a grocery store with my left hand on the cart (FitBit is on my left wrist), it hardly registers any steps.  Similarly, if I move my arm as if I am walking while sitting still, it may register some of the movements as steps.

I also learned the hard way that it does NOT measure riding a stationary bike as steps, because my arms were not moving.

thumper64
1 hour ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

What does APP stand for?

Ass

Pussy

Pizza

Fart sniffer

For a millennial I don't use much really.  I don't like social media. A lot of apps want a lot of permissions that i don't like so I only have what I need.  Here's some screenshots it's easier than a list.  I have an iphone with some other work shit this is my personal phone.  Yes I use reddit and 4chan.  I'm a faggot I know. Thanks.

Screenshot_20190714-015704_Nova Launcher.jpg

Screenshot_20190714-015709_Nova Launcher.jpg

Edited by Fart sniffer
This board is hard to know what images you are uploading on mobile with multiple files.

WalterA
1 hour ago, zeconrad said:

I’m pretty sure the Apple Health app has the same features ... I just don’t use them as I’m not interested in how long I sleep ...

thumper64
9 minutes ago, WalterA said:

I’m not interested in how long I sleep ...

I’m only interested in whether I wake up.............

Fart sniffer
11 minutes ago, WalterA said:

just don’t use them as I’m not interested in how long I sleep ...

Certain corporations and governments are, that and everything else.

Wear the Fitbit walter.  It's good for the economy and helps these actors monitor your emotional responses. Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to pinpoint potential trouble-makers and neutralize them.

If you're not wearing a fitbit chances are you'll get a surprise knock on the door one night mate.  Happens all the time.

WalterA

I wonder if the Fitbit can help find hot women .... 

Fart sniffer
2 minutes ago, WalterA said:

Some models have temperature sensors, yes.

Zeb
4 hours ago, WalterA said:

I’m not a big fan of technology and don’t see the value in what others get excited about .... I really only use my phone for calls .... having said that, one APP I do use is the Apple phone health data APP.

Plenty of very useful apps out there. 

Some are Google apps which come with Android 'bundle' -

- Various News apps - BBC,CNN ABC Aust

- MP3 players for music and Audiobooks

- Weather apps

- Internet Browsers - Chrome, Firefox etc

- Calculator

- Call Recorder

- Clock

- Compass

- Days Before

- Dropbox

- Emergency App

- File manager

- Flightraar24

- FM Radio

- Freeview TV app

- Google Playstore

- Line App

- Maps

- Message App

- my AIS

- my NRMA

- Out of Milk shopping list app

- Photo Trap

- Skyscanner

- Sound Recorder

- Spoken Thai

- Swift Steamz Streamline TV app

- Tiny Scanner

- Torch

- Google translate

- Tripview - NSW Public Transport App

- World Clock

- YouTube

- Yoho Sports app - connects to smart watch etc

thumper64
6 hours ago, WalterA said:

Only if it includes a thermometer..........

Ru4Real
6 hours ago, WalterA said:

No, that would be the She'sFitandUpforAbit App.