Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

D-low

Wet Season

D-low

I know this question is a bit 'how wet is water/how long is a piece of string, but I'm thinking about going in September for the first time. I know Sept/Oct is height of the wet season, I'm just wondering how bad does it get? Sometimes in Asia there's a downpour and then it's fine for a bit, is it like that or can there be days on end? Does here anyone go to Pattaya regularly during wet season that has some experience?

Just looking as it's a lot cheaper (for good reason) and with Brexit looming it may be the last chance before the £ really nosedives.

KentuckyWildcat

It will never rain all day. During rainy season on most days,  it will probably rain for 15 min - 1 hour at some point in time every 24 hours. Some days 2 downpours perhaps. Some days no downpours.

Fart sniffer

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  As @KentuckyWildcat says just the occasional downpour normally not for long or more than once or twice a day.  Few exceptions but that's the gist.

Worst case scenario you just take shelter in a bar or a restaurant for a while, maybe wade through some flood water if you're impatient.  Watch your footing if you do this because manhole covers can come off.

udontony

The rain should not spoil your holiday, just go with the flow.  An hour or two in a bar some of the days is about as bad as it gets.  If there is a big storm make sure you are in a bar you like.   I was once forced to stay in a gogo for and extra couple of hours but I managed to put up with that.  Coming from the UK you will find a big difference in the rain, still wet but much warmer!

Lok Jit

Umbrellas are Cheap...Warm Rain Hurts No one...Girls Plenty that assist in Drying your off

vimto66
16 minutes ago, Lok Jit said:

Umbrellas are Cheap...Warm Rain Hurts No one...Girls Plenty that assist in Drying your off

Even cheaper if you`re hotel provides them....which many do.:wink:

misteregg

It rains like hell for about an hour and everyone starts posting on Facebook about the terrible, Biblical floods.....then in about two hours it’s all clear again.

Sacrilicious

I actually like the rainy season. There's something great about having fun with some girls while the heavens themselves are being torn asunder.

As long as it doesn't get as crazy as the actual biblical floods I suffered in Vietnam, it's all great. :P

BigSqu1d421

I, too, will be coming down in September, and I can assure you that it will be wet season once I pull the wallet out

per anum

I come from a similar climate to LOS and where are the occasional days when its pissy rain all day! Happens rarely but when it does, it sucks! Best place to be on such days id under the covers with a good book or a 40kg nymphomaniac!

Daz Manc

September is wet, but not as wet as 13th April 

Meerkat
15 hours ago, udontony said:

The rain should not spoil your holiday, just go with the flow.  An hour or two in a bar some of the days is about as bad as it gets.  If there is a big storm make sure you are in a bar you like.   I was once forced to stay in a gogo for and extra couple of hours but I managed to put up with that.  Coming from the UK you will find a big difference in the rain, still wet but much warmer!

555 'Go with the flow', very good!

THAJEC

It is one of the most dry periods in this wet season in Thailand in recent years. I saw a map of Thailand that predicts absolutely no wet areas with impending flooding. This is very special for this period. Of course, in September and October, the situation may change, and the occasional rain will totally flood the soy Buakhao and Beach Road area, as every year, but never forever.
It is not a great reason not to come if you are not the one that will lie in the sun from morning to evening.

D-low

Great info guys, thanks for all your replies!

NorCalKid

Sometime Thailand hab rain, sometime not hab            :GrinNod1:

smoakpark

I've been in September probably about 5 times. Had a great time every time.

LongJohnSilver

I love the rainy season and generally plan my trips around August. Love listening to the storms/rain from bed, plus the rain clears out the drains so it doesn’t smell quite so much. Just don’t go into the ocean!