IGNORED

UTP airport in/out

defyodds

considering doing a visa run out of utp to kul. undecided if i will do a 1 day turn around and arrive back on 30 day or stay a few days and secure 60 day TV. when arriving this time to BKK with a TV i was almost denied entry (sent to a higher up who just kept shaking his head) i previously had a max overstay 1 day short of 1 year ban and went to saigon for 6+months. i explained it was my first time in thailand before and didnt know penalty was big deal. he said since i had a TV this time they would let me in. im wondering if the officials at UTP are lax as i dont see many reports of that airport being used for runners. i have the option to do one of those van visa runs to cambodia but i dread the though of spending 9 hours in a motor vehicle

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 16/08/2019 at 06:21, Explorer8939 said:

You had random bad luck.

I don't think it was random. It happens pretty often nowadays.

"Each to their own"
(I know this is a misquote but I like it)

UTP does not have many regular international flights, so it is not so useful for visa runs.

9 minutes ago, Explorer8939 said:

UTP does not have many regular international flights, so it is not so useful for visa runs.

Only really 2 flight routes stand out - UTP to KL and UTP to Macao.

Typically these flights for both routes are Sun&Mon flight each way eg UTP to KL & KL to UTP,  UTP to Macao , Macao to UTP.

It is not possible for 1 day turn around on either route. EG, on Sundays flight of KL to UTP arriving around 2.30pm has 30min turnaround becoming the UTP to KL flight for that day,

Then for both routes they have 1 flight each way on Wed & Friday.

I have done in/out to KL for Visa, on Sunday UTP to KL, then Mon KL to UTP .  When in KL easy get airport train to KL Sentral (brickworks area) got a 500 baht night room near the KL Sentral - easy to get around from there Mono Rail and trains etc.

On the hotel - one side of KL Sentral is a little india area cheap 500 baht rooms the other side is 4/5* hotels and KL Sentral being a major transport hub also has a major shopping mall.

Normally the whole trip cost me about 5000 baht (flights, hotel, train food)  Flight can cost anywhere for US$80-120 depending on how early /late you book.

I think the UTP - Macau flight has been suspended.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2019 at 13:43, Explorer8939 said:

I think the UTP - Macau flight has been suspended.

Yep correct.  Called AA and they confirmed no flight UTP/Macau - you think they would be killing it with all the drama of HK.

• 1 month later...

i did the utp kl flight 1 day turnaround. i think it was fly out sunday and back in monday. only time of the week has bck to back flights. my flight was full and didnt see a single person get stopped at immigration

I would rather do a Visa Run with a decent Pattaya Visa Company than that.

Leave at 6am, a stop around 8am, border for 10am, an hour at the border, and with one stop, back in Pattaya a little after 2pm.

Archived