IGNORED

5000 baht mobile

Baxidar ba

Knackered after the trip I drag my ass up to big c on the klang. But what confronted me was like an apoplectic alternate universe. Hordes & hordes of Chinese tourists hustling & bustling on every aisle. (When did simply popping to the supermarket in Pattaya become like this?)

i about turned & headed to the relative tranquility of central, into power buy, with the £ dropping to 37.20 at TT I wasn’t overindulging. So brought this oppo 3999 baht. 

I’m only looking for something simple to call & text & PB girl helpfully downloaded line for me. They’re available in red & black. 

020D6765-37FC-45DB-B452-DD03DCBA5749.jpeg

C124A787-C587-4D37-9F9A-9CF3AB86D8A2.jpeg

50A4E6BE-1B64-447C-88BF-49CCAF396F6B.jpeg

Edited by Baxidar ba

I don't know the spec but probably will be fine. I've never seen Chinese at Big C Extra Klang, just a rogue day maybe

They were like savages, it was like a scene from zombie land. I just couldn’t face battling my way through them. The oppo looks alright, it’s the right price & suits my needs. 

Probably more choice at big c, on a side note I also went to the big c on 2nd Rd yesterday exactly the same scene. 

Edited by Baxidar ba

6 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Knackered after the trip I drag my ass up to big c on the klang. But what confronted me was like an apoplectic alternate universe. Hordes & hordes of Chinese tourists hustling & bustling on every aisle. (When did simply popping to the supermarket in Pattaya become like this?)

i about turned & headed to the relative tranquility of central, into power buy, with the £ dropping to 37.20 at TT I wasn’t overindulging. So brought this oppo 3999 baht. 

I’m only looking for something simple to call & text & PB girl helpfully downloaded line for me. They’re available in red & black. 

020D6765-37FC-45DB-B452-DD03DCBA5749.jpeg

C124A787-C587-4D37-9F9A-9CF3AB86D8A2.jpeg

50A4E6BE-1B64-447C-88BF-49CCAF396F6B.jpeg

https://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_a1k-9673.php

• 11 months later...

Any new thoughts on the best 5000B phone?  I went wandering the mall and there are literally hundreds of phones from 3000-5000b. this seems like a good option for wandering the streets instead of having my nice iPhone waving around.

Anyone recommend the best 4000-5000 phone?  Dual sim, fingerprint reader?

Last year I bought Realme 5 for 4,600 bt. Similar to Oppo A5 2020 but slightly cheaper. Dual sim + Microsoft slot, fingerprint reader, 4/64 gb.

Now there are several versions 5, 5i and 5 pro.

The best brand today for price & quality is OPPO.

Better for everyone to follow the "popularity" of thai buyers on Lazada:

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-mobiles/oppo/

4 months ago I purchased the OPPO A9 2020 (6,804 bahts) and I love that phone even more than my other Samsung S9 (broken only after 1 year and paid more than 20,000 bahts !).

the OnePlus Nord has a good review for a new mid tier handset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After some research I went with buying a Redmi 9. (Not the "note" just the regular). It was ~4500b at all the stores, I went with Power Buy.

For just about the same price as some of the other mentioned phones (Oppo) etc, it met all my requirements:

Fingerprint scanner (essential with a mask)

Higher Res screen than Oppo

Compass (for google maps)

dual sim (tho everyone has these)

3gb ram was higher than others

Its sort of my second phone, to take out at night. I was disappointed I couldn't use Line on both phones but for some contacts I just make a group with Phone 1, Phone 2, and the contact, and I get messages on both phones then.