Baxidar ba

5000 baht mobile

Baxidar ba

I’m heading back to Patts next month & my trusty old vivo (much like me) seems to be on its last legs. I don’t take my home mobile to Thailand, as I like having a phone just for Pattaya. 

I’ve got my tablet for browsing, I just need a phone for texting & most importantly using the  Line app. I’m not tech savvy, just want something easy to use. Absolute max I want to spend is 5K, Is it possible to get something half decent & new for 5K. 

burp

5000 is almost 150 euros.

you could get at least 3 or 4 "holiday" mobile phones for that money.

shonkyimp
I’m heading back to Patts next month & my trusty old vivo (much like me) seems to be on its last legs. I don’t take my home mobile to Thailand, as I like having a phone just for Pattaya. 
I’ve got my tablet for browsing, I just need a phone for texting & most importantly using the  Line app. I’m not tech savvy, just want something easy to use. Absolute max I want to spend is 5K, Is it possible to get something half decent & new for 5K. 
Have a look at the oppo range of Phones. very reliable and cheap

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

thinkingallowed

5000 is now £130. Might be worth having a look in the UK for a sim lock free phone.

Pheat
On 11/07/2019 at 01:41, Baxidar ba said:

You can buy a burner Samsung mobile for 900 Baht but only calls/messages no internet

Hot&Spicy

7/11 sell currently Samsung phones starting 1099 baht

Baxidar ba
3 hours ago, Pheat said:

You can buy a burner Samsung mobile for 900 Baht but only calls/messages no internet

I need the line app, might go for an oppo or as thinkingaloud said it might be worth by an unlocked here in UK. Thanks for the replies 

thinkingallowed
1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

I need the line app, might go for an oppo or as thinkingaloud said it might be worth by an unlocked here in UK. Thanks for the replies 

I believe that carphone warehouse is a good place for sim lock free phones

iLoveit

12 months ago I bought a brand new Motorola for 4990 baht. I use as my Thai phone only. It has duel sims apparently. 

Easy enough to use, even for a techno-spud like me!

Scuba+

i recently bought the Motorola G7 Power for 6k, very good phone with 2 sims, use it in the UK too if you want. From Big C Extra

Baxidar ba
1 hour ago, Scuba+ said:

i recently bought the Motorola G7 Power for 6k, very good phone with 2 sims, use it in the UK too if you want. From Big C Extra

Just googled it £180 from curry’s so 6k is a good price. Might pop along to big c on my 1st day. I thought you’d be a latest iPhone man scuba, your 19yo Gogo stunner won’t be very impressed by a humble Motorola. 

Scuba+
Just googled it £180 from curry’s so 6k is a good price. Might pop along to big c on my 1st day. I thought you’d be a latest iPhone man scuba, your 19yo Gogo stunner won’t be very impressed by a humble Motorola. 

Haha, it's funny, they don't really care about what phone i have, clothes, shoes etc. Anyway its a very good phone, better than my previous Samsung J7 Pro that was 9k

Baxidar ba
7 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Haha, it's funny, they don't really care about what phone i have, clothes, shoes etc. Anyway its a very good phone, better than my previous Samsung J7 Pro that was 9k

At 6k I think I’ll give it a go, I brought my previous mobile from power buy where the staff set it all up ready to use. Is it the same deal at big c? Or will I have to fanny about setting it up myself. BTW you are referring to the big c that used to be carrefour? 

Scuba+

At 6k I think I’ll give it a go, I brought my previous mobile from power buy where the staff set it all up ready to use. Is it the same deal at big c? Or will I have to fanny about setting it up myself. BTW you are referring to the big c that used to be carrefour? 

they will take your current sim and put it in and do the basic set up stuff so its good to go, they seem friendly and helpful so ask them to do a bit extra if you need it. Big C Extra on Klang which i think is the old Carrefour. A gay guy served me who had pretty good English.

The "Power" model has a better battery which is important on these type of phones. They slotted my existing micro SD card in the new phone, but if you don't have one already you don't need it. Phone has 64GB memory which is more than enough for most people. It comes with a USB C fast charger which is different to the usual android ones.

What kind internet/data usage are you thinking of getting?

I currently have the 12 month unlimited data 4mbps from AIS, now unavailable,i plan to renew shortly the 1mbps 12 months 1800 baht

ricktoronto
On 10/07/2019 at 14:41, Baxidar ba said:

Oppo A71 3990 Baht. Has 3GB Ram. Get low ram and you will regret it. Low is 2 GB or worse, 1GB. Everything just grinds to a halt. Any brand like Samsung with 3 or 4 GB ram. But Oppo costs less than Samsung or Huawei.

Inigo
On 12/07/2019 at 07:26, shonkyimp said:

Have a look at the oppo range of Phones. very reliable and cheap

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I can second that. I bought the top-of-the-range Oppo R7s Plus 2 years ago for 17K Baht and it's a great phone. The camera's not quiet as good as the equivalent Huawei, but that was 5K Baht dearer.

Then around 6 months ago the GF, who generally goes through a smartphone a month, she's very rough with them, turned up with a brand new Oppo A5s.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/oppo-a5s-62-ram-3gbrom-32gb-1-bll-i331876258-s638566621.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.8.758f7948zuiLtR&search=1

It cost 6K Baht back then and the specs are only just slightly lower than my premium model. It works fine, just like mine, and if I needed a new phone tomorrow I'd jump at the current range of reasonably-priced Oppo phones.

If you get it from the official Oppo store on Lazada they often include a whole box of freebies. I got a bluetooth headset, various extra cables and phone stands and supports, plus a 15K mAhr power bank, all for free.

Baxidar ba

@Scuba+ I’ll get unlimited free WiFi at the condo so probably won’t bother with a data plan. I just want to text, make the odd call & most importantly use the line app. 

Some good suggestions here, I’ll either go for the Motorola or try an oppo. It seems 6K is about the base rate for something decent. 

NotASexTorist
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

@Scuba+ I’ll get unlimited free WiFi at the condo so probably won’t bother with a data plan. I just want to text, make the odd call & most importantly use the line app. 

Some good suggestions here, I’ll either go for the Motorola or try an oppo. It seems 6K is about the base rate for something decent. 

I thought 5k was the max., so I didn't suggest the Huawei Y9 2019 JKM-LX2 that a girlfriend purchased in Thailand for 5800 baht.

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_y9_(2019)-9324.php#jkm-lx2

The spec is certainly better than anything else mentioned thus far. None of the others has anything approaching a Full HD screen. That is poor.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9527&idPhone2=9626&idPhone3=9324#*,*,jkm-lx2

The Y9 has Full HD+

Edited by NotASexTorist

Scuba+

I thought 5k was the max., so I didn't suggest the Huawei Y9 2019 JKM-LX2 that a girlfriend purchased in Thailand for 5800 baht.

The spec is certainly better than anything else mentioned thus far. None of the others has anything approaching a Full HD screen. That is poor.
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9527&idPhone2=9626&idPhone3=9324#*,*,jkm-lx2

The Y9 has Full HD+

Isn't there a problem with Huawei at the moment? google stopping maps update, facebook maybe. I decided to stay clear of Huawei until the US problem is resolved. Others have too as sales have dropped off a cliff

ricktoronto
21 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

No, you've already been told 3,990 is which is 34% less.

NotASexTorist
14 hours ago, Scuba+ said:
19 hours ago, NotASexTorist said:

The Y9 has Full HD+

Isn't there a problem with Huawei at the moment? google stopping maps update, facebook maybe. I decided to stay clear of Huawei until the US problem is resolved. Others have too as sales have dropped off a cliff

Ok at the moment for existing customers.

Existing customers will be able to update their phones and apps, but will not be able to update to a newer version of the Android operating system if one becomes available.

Either way, the GSM arena website is a good one for comparisons. 

Houten Kop

The Galaxy A10, the entry-level of Samsungs newest series is only 3,990 baht in Thailand.

brimmy2003

If i took a locked Iphone with me to Thailand, could i get it unlocked at the techie place in Pattaya and if so how much would it be roughly ?.

Barhop
On 13/07/2019 at 07:07, Scuba+ said:

Still using my Moto G3 which will be four years old in November.  Great device, AIS sim in second slot.  Couple of key strokes on landing BKK, and It's in action...

On 12/07/2019 at 23:54, Baxidar ba said:
  On 12/07/2019 at 22:32, Scuba+ said:

Criminal
Posted (edited)

how much the note 10 is going to cost? (its out next month)

and also how much is the price of note9?

Edited by Criminal