IGNORED

Air Oman

Welshpat

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had travelled to BKK with Air Oman via Muscat ?

If so what was the flight like - I see they have just changed from Airbus to Boeing Dreamliners - personally I prefer the Airbus but I suppose it depends on the configuration.

Any recent first hand experiences would be appreciated

Regards

Welshy

3 hours ago, Welshpat said:

Hi

If so what was the flight like - I see they have just changed from Airbus to Boeing Dreamliners - personally I prefer the Airbus but I suppose it depends on the configuration.

Regards

Welshy

More and more airlines using Dreamliners  now, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Etihad Airways and Gulf Air, do remember last year my return flight was on a Qatar Airways 8am departure from Bangkok it was almost empty had big choice of seats and because of that I did enjoy the flight very much, leg room in these dreamliners is suspect I also prefer the Airbus over the dreaminer seating is mainly 3-3-3. If your flight is full it can be rather uncomfortable because of the leg room. Oman Air and Emirates are the only 2 airlines I have not used yet in my 48 visits to Pattaya.

Used Oman lazt time i came to bkk. Flight delayed 3 hours at Manchester for technical problems. 787 was the best one i have been in, quite comfortable compared to Qatar's 787's. 

Missed connection in Muscat but given hotel inside airport and food vouchers and rebooked on next available. 

All in all I thought they were a good airline.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

How long did y

7 hours ago, bakufoz said:

Missed connection in Muscat but given hotel inside airport and food vouchers and rebooked on next available. 

How long did you have to stay over in Muscat ?

Flight was just fine, i had no issues and its a new fleet.

25 minutes ago, Welshpat said:

How long did y

How long did you have to stay over in Muscat ?

9 hours, basically i arrived in bkk at 6am instead of 6pm the day before.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

I've flown in Oman Air Dreamliners five times in Business, the last few times they were fitted out with Apex Suites and flying doesn't get much better than that. Last year I flew with them once in Economy on a Dreamliner, I think it was the BKK to MCT leg. Bloody awful, I've been on cheapo charter flights from the UK that had more legroom. Luckily the flights were very quiet and I had all three seats in the centre to myself so I could lie down and stretch out a bit and the lack of legroom didn't really worry me. They have a big issue with everybody in economy being on board around an hour before take-off, daft as you just sit there for ages getting thirsty, but certain other airlines are almost as paranoid. In summary then, for business class they're generally excellent and reasonably priced. My one experience in economy left me underawed, but the price was right and the lack of passengers made it quite a decent flight in the end.

• Like 1

Have flown LHR-MCT-BKK and return at least 8 times. Originally used a A330 From LHR (34 " seat pitch) but now both legs are 787. LHR leg is normally full but BKK legs have been around 30% full.

Food and entertainment no better or no worse than any other airline I've used.

Flying economy 2 x per year earns silver status, check in at Business/First desk and Lounge access, a nice way to relax.

Bloody hell just been online trying to book an isle seat with extra legroom the want £73 pr leg - what a rip off 

1 hour ago, Welshpat said:

Bloody hell just been online trying to book an isle seat with extra legroom the want £73 pr leg - what a rip off 

Go and try other airlines, then come back and tell us about the ones giving them away for free. Not many of them left I think.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ZRHuser said:

Go and try other airlines, then come back and tell us about the ones giving them away for free. Not many of them left I think.

555, It's getting cheaper to fly business, at least most airlines don't charge for pre-booking your seat (apart from Bloody Awful, of course).

On 11/07/2019 at 14:45, ZRHuser said:

Qatar Airways

• 3 weeks later...

Have flown them a few times but only in business which was excellent. Looked in the economy section and it looked ok, not much different to other airlines economy class. Short stops in Muscat and on time departure and arrival. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2019 at 13:32, Welshpat said:

I checked my records, January 2019 it was £8.10 per leg (4 legs for return trip) for standard seat selection.

I have just booked for September and it was £21.60 per leg for standard seat. I took a chance and selected for the LHR legs and will select the BKK legs 48 hours prior to take off. This based on previous passenger loads on the Asian leg.

Outbound:

771329322_supersaverout.JPG.48661299676186e2641205c5d1f537c7.JPG

Return:

1371262657_supersaverreturn.JPG.ff955be915102ab9df135758a7da32e1.JPG

Oman are turning out one of the best business class offerings in the industry at very competitive prices. I just booked my next round-trip, leaving LHR for BKK in late October and returning at the start of Songkran. Travelbag had them as the cheapest airline on those dates, £1861, which is fine by me so I booked it. I'll get my silver card status back after my next flight in September, and that will increase my baggage allowance from 50 kg to 60 kg. Might open a cheese shop when I get back here, lol. I just hope the flights are all Apex Suites, they make a big difference compared with standard business class.

What happens with Air Oman if you do not pre book a seat ? When you check in do you get the best of whats is left for free or do you still have to pay for the seats with extra leg room ans isle seats ?

• 2 months later...
I often  choose seats at check in , get aisle seats ,at checkin is 48 hours before  takeoff , usually all seats in front section you pay for , but the  aft section you do not ,because it shows on the map  when your  finding seats, 

Edited by forestman

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/07/2019 at 00:50, Welshpat said:

Hi

Regards

Welshy

Hi, I've used Oman, twice, i found the dreamliners are OK, expecially when I paid around £400.

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2019 at 00:08, bangna said:

I checked my records, January 2019 it was £8.10 per leg (4 legs for return trip) for standard seat selection.

I have just booked for September and it was £21.60 per leg for standard seat. I took a chance and selected for the LHR legs and will select the BKK legs 48 hours prior to take off. This based on previous passenger loads on the Asian leg.

Funnily, the LHR legs were 50% full but the BKK legs were full. I selected seats 48 hours prior to departure and picked aisle seats. For BKK to MCT I was offered extra leg room seat as a frequent traveller, she said the flight was full.

Just booked another return with Oman.

Standard seat selection this time was £8 per leg.