Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Luxury Pattaya Condo Rentals | Le Pub Soi Diamond | Pattaya Investigations | Babydolls Agogo | Pattaya News | Pattaya Bars | Night Wish Group 7th Anniversary Party | Add your Text or Event here

Jous

Hi everyone

Where Thais learn to read latin script?

Once I asked this to a TG but it was impossible to get her to understand the question.

I wonder how some thais barely speak any english but they are able to read latin script. Specially the young ones. Last year my trip mate met a mature woman who had an excellent english level but she wasn’t able to read any single letter in latin script.

My guess is that new generations study latin script in the school.  I don’t know. May be is the influence of internet.

Another observation is that it looks like thais are more confortable using arabic numerals (1,2,3...) than thai numbers. (In touristic spots)

:Dance1:

eXplosief
25 minutes ago, Jous said:

Another observation is that it looks like thais are more confortable using arabic numerals (1,2,3...) than thai numbers. (In touristic spots)

Only if there is single pricing. If there is dual pricing, then the thai price numbers will be written in thai script. :D

Anywhere else numbers are mostly written in Latin script.