IGNORED

Visa

blackcats

Just need this clarified,,,,going to Thailand for 58 days,,,,30 day visa on arrival,,,,can I extend that for another 30 days ,,,always before got visa before I go ,,,but with the new system,,,day off work,,,travel to London,,,will work out cheaper if I can do it this way,,,,,

Go to a visa agency, pay them a few thousands bahts and they'll sort it out for you without the need to leave Pattaya and go to Jomtien immigration.

1 hour ago, blackcats said:

Just need this clarified,,,,going to Thailand for 58 days,,,,30 day visa on arrival,,,,can I extend that for another 30 days ,,,always before got visa before I go ,,,but with the new system,,,day off work,,,travel to London,,,will work out cheaper if I can do it this way,,,,,

Yes, 30 days on arrival which can be extended for another 30 days for 1900 baht at Jomtien.

Just remember to make sure, where you are staying is registered with Immigration on you arrival.

9 minutes ago, blackcats said:

Thanks 

Going through a Visa Agent was 4000 baht earlier in the year.

Just check the days work out, it may be 59 days. 1900 baht for a 30 day extension is a simple process. You don't want an overstay stamp in your passport, i hear they let you off the first day at the airport then its 500 a day

1 hour ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Yes, 30 days on arrival which can be extended for another 30 days for 1900 baht at Jomtien.

Just remember to make sure, where you are staying is registered with Immigration on you arrival.

The rules have changed with a VOA you can only do a 7 days extensions (1,900 bahts).

Before you could do a border run to Cambodia and they gave you another 30 days VOA, but today they give only a 14 days VOA. Another alternative is to flight to a neighboor country then they'll give you a new 30 days VOA. But @Taa_Saparotgave him the fine, 4000 bahts and nothing to do, that's cheap and easy.

I think we're talking about a visa exempt (30 days plus 30 day extension) not a visa on arrival (VOA) which only gives 15 days initially.

The rules have changed with a VOA you can only do a 7 days extensions (1,900 bahts).
Before you could do a border run to Cambodia and they gave you another 30 days VOA, but today they give only a 14 days VOA. Another alternative is to flight to a neighboor country then they'll give you a new 30 days VOA. But [mention=119223]Taa_Saparot[/mention]gave him the fine, 4000 bahts and nothing to do, that's cheap and easy.
As RU4Real says the op is getting a visa exempt as he appears to be a Brit so 30 days

On 08/07/2019 at 16:22, blackcats said:

Yes I am a Brit,,,,,

RU is correct but you are arriving "visa exempt", NOT "visa on arrival". So 30+30 works fine.

But budget or not, 4K Bht, IF that includes the 1900 Bht fee for the extension isn't too bad but for something you can do yourself in a couple of hours (30 day extension at immigration in Jomtien) I'd rather do it myself

Then again, in reviewing your posts you don't say you're going to Pattaya, just "Thailand" so I'm not sure if Jomtien is where you'd be extending,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

2 hours ago, sulu said:

But budget or not, 4K Bht, IF that includes the 1900 Bht fee for the extension isn't too bad 

It does.

It all depends how busy Jomtien is.

I used a Visa Agent 2 years ago, when it was pandemonium (TM30 carry on) at Jomtien, so it was worth it IMO.

On 08/07/2019 at 12:02, Scuba+ said:

You don't want an overstay stamp in your passport

Why?

On 08/07/2019 at 12:02, Scuba+ said:

i hear they let you off the first day at the airport then its 500 a day

The one day is really for people that check in before, but are flying after midnight.

Yes, one day is free, but you still get a stamp in your passport.

Why?

IOs are flicking through your passport seeing repeated exempt stamps, tourist visas, 1 or more overstays, it won't go well.

Also with 2 overstays you can't then get the Elite visa

1 minute ago, Scuba+ said:

IOs are flicking through your passport seeing repeated exempt stamps, tourist visas, 1 or more overstays, it won't go well.

Get a new passport.

3 minutes ago, Scuba+ said:

Also with 2 overstays you can't then get the Elite visa

Do you actually believe that?

Does OP need a ticket out of Thailand within the first 30 days?  I believe that airlines may require it before boarding if his return flight is scheduled after the 30 visa exempt period.  

Thanks.

Do you actually believe that?
That's what the T&Cs say, and I've read reports of people's application being rejected

3 hours ago, Bob4678 said:

Does OP need a ticket out of Thailand within the first 30 days?  I believe that airlines may require it before boarding if his return flight is scheduled after the 30 visa exempt period.  

Thanks.

First one to notice. Would be a real downer if the airline in the UK refused boarding as no Proof Of Onward Travel.

As others have said, no problem getting Extension in Thailand BUT they may not let you on the plane at LHR. May not be a high risk but it is a risk.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived