IGNORED

Thai Immigration officials now hunting for Overstayers at the Airport

The Pattaya News

Bangkok- Naew Na Thai news published photos and reported that this weekend multiple immigration agents, along with military officials and even a dog, are now inspecting the airport on a regular basis and asking random passengers for their passports to find overstaying foreigners before they leave the country. It was reported that they stopped at […]

The post Thai Immigration officials now hunting for Overstayers at the Airport appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Well...that makes ZERO sense at all! Great idea. What's the point if they're about to check in and go through immigration and have their passports checked there anyway? And how will dogs be useful in finding overstayers?

Saw a bunch of security guys riding around on Segway’s the other day.  Maybe they’re not new, never seen them before though. 

photo opportunity. next week somebody will have thought up something else to "crack down on"

1 hour ago, KentuckyWildcat said:

...And how will dogs be useful in finding overstayers?

The smell of desperation.

Perhaps if they detect them before they get to the "safety  of the IO counter then they can shake them down with the threat of the IDC

2 hours ago, KentuckyWildcat said:

And how will dogs be useful in finding overstayers?

This..

2 hours ago, The Pattaya News said:

military officials and even a dog, are now inspecting the airport on a regular basis and asking random passengers for their passports

The dog asks people for a look at their passports. 

If the dog sees from the stamps in the passport they have over stayed the dog tells the official.

He or she (the official) bites the overstayer and pisses on his shoes before deporting him.  Simple.  They do it everywhere.

You never had a dog?

Fook me as the Aussies like to say, with the US dollar to baht exchange rate at 30.65 right now, what fooking overstayers?

3 hours ago, nzwolfgang said:

Saw a bunch of security guys riding around on Segway’s the other day.  Maybe they’re not new, never seen them before though. 

The cops on Segways have always been there, only ever seen them in one's and two's never a bunch.

1 hour ago, GoodMan555 said:

US dollar to baht exchange rate at 30.65

Holy Shit... I've never seen it below 31 before. WTF is going on? Does the US dollar suck that bad or is the THB that good?

i've been past immigration exiting thailand loads of times and have never seen more than the odd 1 or 2 at the late payment desk and this is with 35 million plus visitors, most on short term breaks. the % on overstay must be way less than 1 %.

they would get a better return on knocking on every door in say Nirun cono

3 hours ago, Fart sniffer said:

This..

The dog asks people for a look at their passports. 

If the dog sees from the stamps in the passport they have over stayed the dog tells the official.

He or she (the official) bites the overstayer and pisses on his shoes before deporting him.  Simple.  They do it everywhere.

You never had a dog?

My friends pet dog who knows a dog who works in immigration said officials aren't allowed to bite over stayers.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

2 hours ago, Ziplee said:

Holy Shit... I've never seen it below 31 before. WTF is going on? Does the US dollar suck that bad or is the THB that good?

THB that good.

9 hours ago, The Pattaya News said:

Bangkok- Naew Na Thai news published photos and reported that this weekend multiple immigration agents, along with military officials and even a dog, are now inspecting the airport on a regular basis and asking random passengers for their passports to find overstaying foreigners before they leave the country. It was reported that they stopped at […]

The post Thai Immigration officials now hunting for Overstayers at the Airport appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

The dog must be there to sniff out money, all those guys bailing out who brought condos when it was 90 Baht for a £ and are now cashing in.

To be honest it doesn’t surprise me, and why shouldn’t they as it’s a rather obvious thing to do.

The old way that if you made it to the airport you got away with it was lax on their part IMO.

Most caught will be a few days - cough up and move on. I see no reason why people seem to think we have some sort of god given right to bend the rules.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Picking up overstayers at the airport as they try to 'get out' is nothing less than an easy monty grab. No other way to look at it, easy money.

On 01/07/2019 at 12:40, KentuckyWildcat said:

Well...that makes ZERO sense at all! Great idea. What's the point if they're about to check in and go through immigration and have their passports checked there anyway? And how will dogs be useful in finding overstayers?

Is it really any different than stopping Minivans full of Visa Runners before they reach the border?

like all crack downs here likely to be short lived. unless airline check in staff who do look at your passport as a matter of course are given a back hander to tip them off they would need to stop hundreds and hundreds  of passengers and still struggle to find 1.

On 01/07/2019 at 22:57, striderman said:

i've been past immigration exiting thailand loads of times and have never seen more than the odd 1 or 2 at the late payment desk and this is with 35 million plus visitors, most on short term breaks. the % on overstay must be way less than 1 %.

they would get a better return on knocking on every door in say Nirun cono

Nirun condo would be like winning the lottery...

11 minutes ago, striderman said:

like all crack downs here likely to be short lived. unless airline check in staff who do look at your passport as a matter of course are given a back hander to tip them off they would need to stop hundreds and hundreds  of passengers and still struggle to find 1.

No real need for that as you have to show your passport to Immigration at the airport anyway. Which makes the spot checks somewhat redundant really.

It just seems to be that the old “game rule” that if you made it to the airport you got away with it no longer applies. My guess is that it’s a PR exercise to warn people not to overstay.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

"Is it really any different than stopping Minivans full of Visa Runners before they reach the border?"

I believe it is. My understanding based on various reports over the years,  is that if you have an overstay and are detected somewhere before you get to the immigration at an airport to leave then you dont get a choice to pay a fine, off to the IDC. So a mini van on the way to the border would not help you. 

And next will be checks at the airport that you have been registered at immigration.

It will also be easy money.

And before anyone chips in that it is the owners responsibility when told you can not leave until the fine is payed what will you do miss your flight or pay the fine yourself.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2019 at 18:50, whitespider said:

... It just seems to be that the old “game rule” that if you made it to the airport you got away with it no longer applies. My guess is that it’s a PR exercise to warn people not to overstay. ...

On 03/07/2019 at 18:52, biggles said:

... My understanding based on various reports over the years,  is that if you have an overstay and are detected somewhere before you get to the immigration at an airport to leave then you dont get a choice to pay a fine, off to the IDC.

Confirm your understandings of the old "game rule" .. still, Thai Immigration enforcement is so arbitrary from district to district, who knows what the real rules are.

My understanding is that the military tightened-up on Thai Immigration, cracking down on illegally gotten visas procured through helpful "visa processing consultants".

I am unsure how "local processing" fees were shared throughout the ministry, but this might be the way Thai Immigration is making up for lost revenues .. by strictly enforcing the regulations, and collecting fines, legally.

The pathway to a nation of laws is long and painful .. but, the bills must be paid .. 555.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Archived