Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Immigration, what to wear.

udontony

Anyone heard of plans to make people attending immigration wear long trousers etc?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nope. 

I always wear casual clean, ironed clothes unlike some smelly lazy people.... A little self respect would go a long way... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

They have signs at Chaeng Wattana that shorts are inappropriate but some people wear them anyway.  I wear socks and long trousers one day a year.

Retired

I always wear long trouser at Jomtien as it is advertised to be mandatory, even though many farang come with short there.

Quite sure it does no harm, especially when the final decision of IO could put you in trouble.

So your question make no sense as it is already mandatory to wear appropriate clothes, are you asking if they are going to enforce the actual rule?

I've seen them turn away people at Chaeng Wattana who were inappropriately dressed and seeking a working (teaching most likely) visa and asked to come back the next day in more appropriate attire. Of course the standard of appearance may be a bit higher if you are trying to present yourself as a professional who will be working in Thailand rather than a retiree.

I've been going to the Immigration office in Jomtien since they opened for my retirement extension and have always worn clean dress shorts, polo shirt and either nice sandals or tennis shoes with socks.  Never had a problem with renewing retirement extension, re-entry permits or doing my 90 day reports.  Did my 90 day report last Wednesday afternoon and I was in and out in a minute.

No objections about my Burqa have they......:WhoSaw1:

People should wear natural fiber pants, shirts and proper shoes on an airplane for protection against fire or evacuation slides anyway. 

Even clean neat  jeans beat showing up like Bob the Surfer in front of insufferable authority figures. 

I heard they were turning away farangs wearing socks with sandals.

Might have been wishful thinking. 

I heard they were turning away farangs wearing socks with sandals.
Might have been wishful thinking. 
Yes i get tired of seeing chinos and checked shirts, i hope they go on the not allowed list

Archived