IGNORED

Extention of O-A Visa query

swordfisch

I'm confused about 'visa issued' vs 'visa first used' dates.

Obtained an (multiple entry) O-A visa from RTE Canberra ('visa valid from 26 September 2018 until 25 September 2019')

Entered Thailand (first using O-A Visa) 28 October 2018 (Immigration stamp exit date shows 27 October 2019)

Left Thailand on 27 February 2019

Entered Thailand on 07 April 2019 (Immigration stamp exit date shows 05 April 2020)

To extend the O-A visa for the maximum time possible, do I:

Leave Thailand & return by:

- 25 September 2019 ('O-A visa valid until date')  or

- 27 October 2019 (date visa first used was 28 October 2018)

Cheers

Leave on or before 25 Sep 19 you'll then get another year from entry date

Just now, Scuba+ said:

Leave on or before 25 Sep 19 you'll then get another year from entry date

Just to clarify:

Do I LEAVE before 25 Sep 19 (& arrive back into Thailand on say 26 Oct 19) - which will give me until 25 Oct 2020

or

leave & ARRIVE before 25 Sep 19 - which will give me until 24 Sep 2020 ?

This from http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/ExtendingStay.pdf

NOTE: If you entered on an “O-A” Visa, you will be granted a one year stay upon arrival (if it is a multiple entry “O-A” Visa, you can leave and return to Thailand receiving a one year stay on each entry so long as you reenter before the expiration date shown on the O-A Visa in your passport put there by the Thai Embassy/Consulate – CAUTION: If you leave and plan to return after the expiration date on the multiple entry “O-A” Visa, you will need a Re-Entry Permit from Thai Immigration before you depart – without the Re-Entry Permit, your extension of stay is cancelled when you leave Thailand. Extension for Spouse or

You need to ENTER Thailand before the expiry of the original visa on 25 September.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

leave & ARRIVE before 25 Sep 19 - which will give me until 24 Sep 2020 ?

Yes this one. I have an METV, I leave on the day or the day before it expires and return the same day, its a border run using one of those vans. As long as you arrive on or before 25 Sep you'll get another year

Archived