IGNORED

Password reveal

Danolo

I recently had to re-install win10 and in that process lost all my logins.

Somehow, I have retained a shortcut on my Google Home Page that gets into this forum. So, Google, or Win10, or the forum has saved my logIn/password somewhere... I cannot find it. Have you any ideas where I might looks?

I COULD logout of PA and then login manually and claim a forgotten password, and go through that process, but if I can find where its saved I'd like to know.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Danolo said:

I recently had to re-install win10 and in that process lost all my logins.

Somehow, I have retained a shortcut on my Google Home Page that gets into this forum. So, Google, or Win10, or the forum has saved my logIn/password somewhere... I cannot find it. Have you any ideas where I might looks?

I COULD logout of PA and then login manually and claim a forgotten password, and go through that process, but if I can find where its saved I'd like to know.

Thanks

Mods don’t have access to passwords but, if you like, I can change your password then you can use that to use the Change Password tool in order to choose a new password for yourself. Send a PM if you want to do this.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

If you're using chrome, which it sounds like you are, and have logged in to that, it'll keep your bookmarks and other things across devices and such.

I wouldn't think it saves credentials anywhere in plain text, I hope not.  That would be a serious security concern.  It is google were talking about though so anything is possible.

I'm assuming you're using a Chrome browser in Windows AND that Auto Sign-in saved your P-A password.  

Open your Chrome browser and from the top right Chrome menu button, select Settings to open  a new panel.  In that panel, select Passwords to open the following panel:

windows.jpg.0eef897cd692d19fa052dd2057cff0d5.jpg

Find Addicts under Saved Passwords and click on the eye icon.  You'll be asked for the password to your Windows account.  If you don't remember it, you can reset it, but it would be just as easy to reset your P-A password.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

21 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I'm assuming you're using a Chrome browser in Windows AND that Auto Sign-in saved your P-A password.  

Open your Chrome browser and from the top right Chrome menu button, select Settings to open  a new panel.  In that panel, select Passwords to open the following panel:

Find Addicts under Saved Passwords and click on the eye icon.  You'll be asked for the password to your Windows account.  If you don't remember it, you can reset it, but it would be just as easy to reset your P-A password.

Evil

If it was a fresh install everything including the Chrome files would be lost. More likely Google passwords. Make sure if you sync to Google including passwords that your Google password is extra strong.

Thanks for the info and tips.... I ended up with "forgot password?" which gave me a proper login.

Since I paid for a subscription, I have gone back to Roboform, a login and password manager.

Thanks again guys

Archived