IGNORED

Jomtien beach condos similar

Invicta

I currently do annual holidays, but now  Me and the Thai wife have had a house built up in Isaan. M y question is when I decide to retire in 2-3 years we will live at the house up north. I think I will probably need an escape to the coast now and again. Is buying a cheap studio condo in Jomtien beach a good idea or are there similar studios elsewhere in Jomtien better than that.. it's a choice of older blocks more space cheaper maintenance or newer smaller blocks. Up to 1.2 million baht is my limit. Any sensible advice welcome, I am not that keen on Pattaya anymore

56 minutes ago, Invicta said:

........Is buying a cheap studio condo in Jomtien beach a good idea or are there similar studios elsewhere in Jomtien better than that.. it's a choice of older blocks more space cheaper maintenance or newer smaller blocks. Up to 1.2 million baht is my limit........

One man's ceiling is another man's floor and all that. My advice would be to rent for a while and then decide what if anything you want to buy. My personal feeling is that 1.2 will not get you much.

57 minutes ago, Invicta said:

I currently do annual holidays, but now  Me and the Thai wife have had a house built up in Isaan. M y question is when I decide to retire in 2-3 years we will live at the house up north. I think I will probably need an escape to the coast now and again. Is buying a cheap studio condo in Jomtien beach a good idea or are there similar studios elsewhere in Jomtien better than that.. it's a choice of older blocks more space cheaper maintenance or newer smaller blocks. Up to 1.2 million baht is my limit. Any sensible advice welcome, I am not that keen on Pattaya anymore

Whether it’s worth buying or not is very much an individual decision. I won’t go into all the pros & cons again.

Jomtien Beach Condos are a pretty well maintained older development. 5 blocks altogether with hundreds of condos. 2 blocks joined together on the beach side of second road and 3 blocks parallel to each other the land side of second road. Always lots for sale and you’ll just about find something for your budget. Condos there are generally 30 sq m.

At that price you might find something in VT1. Also pretty well maintained older development. 2 blocks. Generally 32 sq m.

You can manage in both those without having to rely on your own transport. Don’t know if you’d drive down or fly?

If you don’t mind being away from the baht bus route, there are a few of the more recent developments, further inland from second road or further down off Chayiuprek, that are starting to be resold pretty cheap now. They’ll likely be under 30 sq m though. eg Laguna Beach, Park Lane etc.

An older place, again off Chayiuphrek, is Baan Suan Lalana. Some good value there if you can find a smaller studio.

Avoid Majestic.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 25/06/2019 at 14:53, Invicta said:

In case you have cash ready to buy, it is actually pretty good time to buy a condo for yourself as there is quite a lot of people selling desperately. I believe if you look at condos at market price 1.5M, you have solid change some owners will accept 1.2M. Especially if you are buying on your wife name, foreign quota is usually more expensive.

As for location, you could also consider Bang Saray, you mentioned you are not keen on Pattaya anymore, it is closer to airport, better beach and except nighlife pretty much the same... For example in Beach and Mountain you can have 38 sqm for 1.1M (https://www.pattayalandandhouse.com/en/product/68662/-sell-cheap-condominium-near-the-sea ).

In general, I would recommend you before you buy to try to rent a condo in the same project for at least a week (but month would be better) .

On 25/06/2019 at 17:01, davidge said:

Whether it’s worth buying or not is very much an individual decision. I won’t go into all the pros & cons again.

Jomtien Beach Condos are a pretty well maintained older development. 5 blocks altogether with hundreds of condos. 2 blocks joined together on the beach side of second road and 3 blocks parallel to each other the land side of second road. Always lots for sale and you’ll just about find something for your budget. Condos there are generally 30 sq m.

Avoid any condo of the group of three that faces the back , towards Thepprasit 9 as it is essentially a garbage dump out there, often on fire with near dead looking soi dogs that practically never leave. When the garbage is burning it's repulsive. There looks to be condos that overlook the entrance facing Jomtien 2nd road, so I'd stick to them unless all condos there are big enough that they face both front and back. If that's the case then the group of 2 on the beach side of 2nd road would make more sense. 

With a vehicle there are quite a few off the beaten track, in the area(s) bounded by Jomtien 2nd road, Thepprasit, Sukhumvit and either Chaiyapruek or Boon Kanchana. No BB but I bet they would be much quieter than anything closer to Jomtien Beach. 

10 minutes ago, ricktoronto said:

Avoid any condo of the group of three that faces the back , towards Thepprasit 9 as it is essentially a garbage dump out there, often on fire with near dead looking soi dogs that practically never leave. When the garbage is burning it's repulsive. There looks to be condos that overlook the entrance facing Jomtien 2nd road, so I'd stick to them unless all condos there are big enough that they face both front and back. If that's the case then the group of 2 on the beach side of 2nd road would make more sense. 

With a vehicle there are quite a few off the beaten track, in the area(s) bounded by Jomtien 2nd road, Thepprasit, Sukhumvit and either Chaiyapruek or Boon Kanchana. No BB but I bet they would be much quieter than anything closer to Jomtien Beach. 

If I was going to buy (which I’m not :-) I’d stick to the 2 buildings on the beach side. S1 & S2 I think.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Yes, good decision. Or the 3 building one if they exclusively face the driveway. I biked past the rear of the 3 building project almost daily and it was gross (the 18 lethargic dogs were not fearsome but they refused to move). I put on a mask from the pharmacy until I got up near the youth centre/bungy go-kart area because there are areas along there as you are going up to Thepprasit that are even worse, whether on fire or extinguished.

• 3 months later...

Hello there invicta we probably have the largest selection of apartments available at JBC well kept &  at great prices

CLICK ON MY PROFILE FOR MORE INFO

Cheers Ron

Archived