IGNORED

Is Areca hotel swimming pool friend friendly and girl friendly?

Nakamoto

I have a friend coming to Pattaya soon who will be staying at the Areca hotel. Im staying at another hotel, but I was wondering  if the staff at Areca would allow me to hang out at the hotel with him and  use the pool and bar and stuff? They have a nice pool bar there :) We also plan to bring girls to the pool :D Have anyone stayed there and done that?

3 years ago ,I'm sure there would be no problem !

13 hours ago, Nakamoto said:

I have a friend coming to Pattaya soon who will be staying at the Areca hotel. Im staying at another hotel, but I was wondering  if the staff at Areca would allow me to hang out at the hotel with him and  use the pool and bar and stuff? They have a nice pool bar there :) We also plan to bring girls to the pool :D Have anyone stayed there and done that?

Officially there is a charge for poolside use for outsiders. However, to answer your questions, ‘yes’, there is absolutely no problem with your guests joining you....this is particularly true if you are buying drinks and lunch poolside.

4 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Officially there is a charge for poolside use for outsiders. However, to answer your questions, ‘yes’, there is absolutely no problem with your guests joining you....this is particularly true if you are buying drinks and lunch poolside.

Great news and if it comes to it, I don't mind paying a fee

2 hours ago, slalom said:

Why not email the hotel and ask?

If you email the hotel, they will tell you the official line...’anyone not staying at the hotel will pay (I think) a 500thb fee to use the pool’. 

I have stayed at areca several times, and many times I have not. 

I go there many times and have never had a problem, plenty of seats, go sign the book and grab a towel like you own the place.this is in the big pool area. In the small it's easier. I have a drink tip, never ever an issue.

I stayed there once a few years back. I went to the pool and it was full of mongers and their LTs from last night, so as long as you pay the additional guest fee for the night prior you should be grand. 

But if you’re not staying there then yes you’d need to pay a day fee. I don’t recall how much it was but as the guy above suggested, just drop them an email or speak to them when you’re there. 

7 hours ago, LongJohnSilver said:

the additional guest fee for the night prior

I assumed Areca was guest friendly

36 minutes ago, thinkingallowed said:

It is

Hence my failure to understand the additional guest fee unless that is for +2

28 minutes ago, bangna said:

Hence my failure to understand the additional guest fee unless that is for +2

Don't know mate.

Can only say in my experience as a hotel guest with friends and as a friend of someone staying in the hotel that if you are buying food and drinks and tipping, the staff really don't care.

It is very much guest friendly as they are next to Soi LK. However from memory, you have to pay a small amount to register an overnight guest. They collect it at the same time they copy the guests Thai ID card. I think it was B500 or so. Policy may have changed, as this was a few years back, though that’s about as unlikely as ST/LT prices declining with the Baht!

1 minute ago, LongJohnSilver said:

It is very much guest friendly as they are next to Soi LK. However from memory, you have to pay a small amount to register an overnight guest. They collect it at the same time they copy the guests Thai ID card. I think it was B500 or so. Policy may have changed, as this was a few years back, though that’s about as unlikely as ST/LT prices declining with the Baht!

I have stayed in areca a dozen times and never paid for a guest yet

Done this myself and wasn’t charged.

When I checked in at Areca Lodge for Christmas, reception lady handling my booking said in a very loud voice so everyone could hear.

ONE LADY STAY FREE, TWO LADYS IN ROOM MUST PAID EXTRA 1000 baht.

On June 26, 2019 at 07:45, thinkingallowed said:

Don't know mate.

Can only say in my experience as a hotel guest with friends and as a friend of someone staying in the hotel that if you are buying food and drinks and tipping, the staff really don't care.

Same same my experience, never had a problem just walking in and using the facilities, and I go there a LOT!

On 26/06/2019 at 14:34, LongJohnSilver said:

In the thirteen years I've stayed regularly at the Areca they have never charged for the first guest. If they were charging 500 baht over thirteen years ago you wouldn't be thinking it was a small amount.

Archived