Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

WANTED: Guitar for rent

Giddyup69

Just putting the feelers out if someone has a decent acoustic guitar I could borrow/rent for the month of July? Long shot I guess, but have scoured the pawn shops and guitar shops before and well nothing worth the money I see.... Not for performance or anything, just a bit of down time in the hotel, miss not having a guitar on holidays, I enjoy writing songs and when I'm nice and chill its just that thing that seems to be missing from my trips to Pattaya.

not what you are really looking for but to get my guitar fix I will sometimes get up and play with the house band in The Cave at LKmetro.  Throw 100 baht in their tip bucket.

Better than nothing if you can't get a guitar for your room.

• Like 2

On 21/06/2019 at 02:27, rhodie said:

Yeah, I do miss my guitars a bit when I'm away. Get a bit of a fix with YouTube videos though. I suppose I could make a a travel type guitar if I was that desperate.

My First Trip -     Mama told me not to cum/

My Second Trip - Guitarmans second newbie trip/

My Third Trip -   50 Shades of brown Guitarmans 3rd trip report/

My Forth Trip -   Guitarmans reality check/

My Fifth Trip -      Guitarmans fifth symphony! The ex-girlfriend experience/

My Sixth Trip -   NEW!  Guitarmans 6th string

My seventh Trip - Guitarman's seven string - Seventh trip report!

My Eighth Trip - Guitarmans eighth trip sweet-music or a cacophony

My Ninth Trip - Groundhog Day again.

My Tenth Trip -  My Comeback Tour

My Eleventh trip - November 22 Tour.

MY YOUTUBE PATTAYA PLAYLIST - www.youtube.com/Thailand-Videos

• 3 months later...

You've just hit on an idea...

I retire in a few months so I'll pick up a few small bodied acoustics, couple of electrics and give them out from Newbar as loaners for your trip. I've seen a few for sale locally so it won't cost a lot to put it together...:wink:

No fee required though if you bring a set of strings that would be dandy...whaddya think?

ps...yer not having my Fenders, Gibsons or PRS's. 

Edited by Petesie

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

As a guitar player I could never loan or rent out my acoustic or electric guitars no one would truly take care of them as I do and I would be livid if someone would go Pete Townshend with them. As acoustic goes I prefer Taylor T5 or Martin ome. 

On 01/10/2019 at 19:10, Vondeth said:

As a guitar player I could never loan or rent out my acoustic or electric guitars. As acoustic goes I prefer Taylor T5 or Martin ome. 

Most players respect other peoples gear. I wouldn't really be that bothered if a low value guitar picked up a few dings. I have loaned close friends valuable instruments in the past & did get annoyed when they were returned with a 'knock'....so that doesn't happen anymore.

I have guitars that are rare & old that are like new so they stay close...I had a T5 but like my Ovation custom de-luxe & Crowdster I moved them swiftly along as they weren't for me. Recently sold my Gibbo Custom Shop songwriter as I rarely took it out of it's case and it really needed playing...wish I'd bought an 000-28 EC when I could have got a good deal from Sweetwater!

I have an old air guitar you can use. Depending on the song it can be electric or acoustic 

12 hours ago, jim2k said:

I have an old air guitar you can use. Depending on the song it can be electric or acoustic 

What colour is it?  I'm not going to borrow a pink guitar that's for sure.  :)

• 7 months later...

Still up for this idea once the bars re-open, have a better idea of the local market so there is some decent useable axes at very reasonable prices. :wink:

In search of a left handed acoustic, nice one to purchase, not rent, let me know if there is any availability. Much appreciated 

Edited by Cheetos

On 24/05/2020 at 12:23, Cheetos said:

In search of a left handed acoustic, nice one to purchase, not rent, let me know if there is any availability. Much appreciated 

There is a LH Taylor available on the FB pages & also a Martin 000-EC 28 if you're feeling up to it. :wink:

On 03/10/2019 at 07:45, jim2k said:

Is this your shop?

guitars.jpg

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

12 hours ago, Petesie said:

There is a LH Taylor available on the FB pages & also a Martin 000-EC 28 if you're feeling up to it. :wink:

Can you reveal the FB pages? I do not know where to find. Thank you 

I've been thinking about buying a cheap one and leaving it with an associate in LOS not sure yet. Too long without a guitar isn't good, timing goes off.  Considering getting a Steinberger to take around with me but that limits other luggage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2020 at 20:44, jaykao said:

I've been thinking about buying a cheap one and leaving it with an associate in LOS not sure yet. Too long without a guitar isn't good, timing goes off.  Considering getting a Steinberger to take around with me but that limits other luggage.

Ive traveled many times with a Hofner Shorty and was allowed that as well as hand luggage. Check with the airline first though

16 minutes ago, Jab said:

Ive traveled many times with a Hofner Shorty and was allowed that as well as hand luggage. Check with the airline first though

Rules have changed; I had my Jimmy White Pool Cue confiscated as it could be used as a weapon...:wacko:

2 hours ago, Jab said:

I've looked at that guitar as well, might be a good option as it's cheap too. Good if you can combine it with hand luggage. Does it fit in the overhead bins ok? or they will store it for you in a part of the cabin maybe?

Just finished getting my first 'loaner' ready, 1991 Yamaha SG-RR made in Japan, I'll pick up a few more in the coming months & keep ye posted. :wink:

It already has a few battle scars gathered over the years but it plays good and is light as a feather.

S__12845063.jpgS__12845064.jpg

S__12845060.jpg

• Like 2

On 07/06/2020 at 17:08, jaykao said:

I've looked at that guitar as well, might be a good option as it's cheap too. Good if you can combine it with hand luggage. Does it fit in the overhead bins ok? or they will store it for you in a part of the cabin maybe?

Ive always had it in the over head

1 hour ago, Jab said:

Ive always had it in the over head

It's not the airlines, it's airport security that's being restrictive. They don't mind if you put it in your main baggage or in the hold, but not as carry on. :wink: